SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.

On March 6th Maggie posted about stolen machinery Kubota bush hog <expensive> that happened at Moselle. Could it be that someone(s) came back for more? It mentioned it happened sometime between Thurs - Sat, which leads me to believe they weren't staying there full time. Maybe they've gathered there after school for Paul and MM and AM because of RM.

Perhaps Paul heard the dogs barking at something and, being on guard because of the theft, went to investigate with a shotgun. Maggie heard shots and went out to investigate and was killed?

Just speculating out loud. This is a real life whodunit.

MOO
Thieves would fire off a couple shots as they fled, if they were even ever spotted to begin with. I can't imagine a circumstance that could have made simple robbery turn into double murder.

It does seem quite possible that the shotgun was brought by the Murdaughs. Assault rifle trumps shotgun hard in a situation like that, outdoors at dusk near cover.

Thieves would fire off a couple shots as they fled, if they were even ever spotted to begin with. I can't imagine a circumstance that could have made simple robbery turn into double murder.

It does seem quite possible that the shotgun was brought by the Murdaughs. Assault rifle trumps shotgun hard in a situation like that, outdoors at dusk near cover.

Shotgun seems up close, personal. Face/head shot & torso.

Assault rifle mutiple shots.

Jmo

BBM

Me either as I still believe PM was the intended target and MM was collateral damage. I also believe the shotgun was brought intentionally by the killer(s) to purposely disfigure PM.

In his supplement report David Long (no rank given) stated that he took photos at the request of the Medical Examiner because he had contaminated his gloves. Do what? He couldnt get another pair of gloves and what does this have to do with him handling his own camera? Is David Long qualified to do the job of the Medical Examiner? AND they just openly admitted that there was contamination at the crime scene. Any good defense lawyer will use this in court. They have botched this case right from the start. Unreal.

BTW: This is the kind of thing that LE almost always keeps hushed up but they just put it in an official document and released it to the public. I can't help but wonder if it was intentional.

In his supplement report David Long (no rank given) stated that he took photos at the request of the Medical Examiner because he had contaminated his gloves. Do what? He couldnt get another pair of gloves and what does this have to do with him handling his own camera? Is David Long qualified to do the job of the Medical Examiner? AND they just openly admitted that there was contamination at the crime scene. Any good defense lawyer will use this in court. They have botched this case right from the start. Unreal.

BTW: This is the kind of thing that LE almost always keeps hushed up but they just put it in an official document and released it to the public. I can't help but wonder if it was intentional.

What info/article are you referencing?

Have never been able to wrap head around how it went from 0-60 … why did LE act like they knew at first IMO if there’s a big mystery now ?

so just wondering maybe LE still thinks they know & are getting their case together / recruiting political capital needed to move etc.?

The M family has raised the specter of a killer on the loose by offering a reward … is there any other evidence that a search for the perp is still ongoing ? Just wondering cuz the switch was so drastic… JMOO

I have questio s re transfer of assets from AM to MM. Did the property transfers happen after the boat accident?

Are both MM's assets and AM's assets considered together when AM was having to show his assets?

Now that MM is deceased, what happens to her assets?
I am thinking the property transfers that happened were for a specific reason, IMO

I thought the very same thing after reading that.

Contaminated gloves??? on a camera???
cross contamination on other things ??
WOW

Have never been able to wrap head around how it went from 0-60 … why did LE act like they knew at first IMO if there’s a big mystery now ?

so just wondering maybe LE still thinks they know & are getting their case together / recruiting political capital needed to move etc.?

The M family has raised the specter of a killer on the loose by offering a reward … is there any other evidence that a search for the perp is still ongoing ? Just wondering cuz the switch was so drastic… JMOO
Yet, LE has stated, "there is NO threat to the community or the public.
Look here, not there, IMO

"SLED repeatedly has said there is no danger to the public related to the Murdaugh murders, despite the fact no suspect has been arrested or named." Redacted Murdaugh murder crime scene reports offer some new details | WCIV (abcnews4.com)

This cop is not going to make the same mistake as the one that identified Paul as the driver of the boat after the boating accident. Of course that’s just my opinion.

Yet, LE has stated, "there is NO threat to the community or the public.
Look here, not there, IMO

"SLED repeatedly has said there is no danger to the public related to the Murdaugh murders, despite the fact no suspect has been arrested or named." Redacted Murdaugh murder crime scene reports offer some new details | WCIV (abcnews4.com)

I think this article is from right around when SLED released the redacted files on this case - that was a week ago & I don’t see anything more current. Hmm

I think this article is from right around when SLED released the redacted files on this case - that was a week ago & I don’t see anything more current. Hmm
Right...which tells me that since this is a somewhat high profile case and there have been more recent updates but yet nothing mentioned about the fact that citizens there should be concerned, so I think the statement stands.
No threat to the community or the public.

Shotgun seems up close, personal. Face/head shot & torso.

Assault rifle mutiple shots.

Jmo
I still suspect Paul was taken down initially with the rifle as well and the shotgun injuries just made this less apparent on initial impression

I wonder if it really was an assault rifle or was it a hunting rifle and news media added the assault part. I wish we knew the caliper of the bullets. Not that it matters much though, I guess.
When someone has 20 small holes in them it's a reasonable assumption to think assault rifle

I'm pretty sure that part of the report just meant that the medical examiner had blood on his gloves and didn't want to touch his camera with them so he had that cop take the pictures at his direction

Former Homeland Security official speaks about Murdaugh killings

By Bill Sharpe
Published: Jun. 28, 2021 at 4:25 PM PDT|Updated: 2 hours ago

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCSC) - It’s been exactly three weeks since a Colleton County woman and her son were found shot to death on their property and we still don’t know much about the case. Live 5 News’ Bill Sharpe spoke to a former Homeland Security official about the kinds of things state police could be investigating as they search for whoever killed Maggie and Paul Murdaugh.

Patrick McDavid says that whoever killed the Murdaughs planned the murder and this was not a random crime.

“It would be my best guess that there was some planned assault here,” McDavid said. “They are a very prominent family in the community in Law and Politics, and there could be a lot of people who could be involved in something like this.”

McDavid is a private investigator now, but for ten years he headed up Homeland Security investigations here in the Lowcountry.

Former Homeland Security official speaks about Murdaugh killings

I still suspect Paul was taken down initially with the rifle as well and the shotgun injuries just made this less apparent on initial impression

When someone has 20 small holes in them it's a reasonable assumption to think assault rifle

I'm pretty sure that part of the report just meant that the medical examiner had blood on his gloves and didn't want to touch his camera with them so he had that cop take the pictures at his direction

If thats the case then it was a mistake not to put it in the report. When it comes to something like that you don't mention contamination and crime scene in the same sentence. Thats just a no brainer.

As for the gun, an assault rifle is no different than a semi automatic hunting rifle of the same calibre. It just has a suped up stock and all to make it look more sporty.

If thats the case then it was a mistake not to put it in the report. When it comes to something like that you don't mention contamination and crime scene in the same sentence. Thats just a no brainer.

As for the gun, an assault rifle is no different than a semi automatic hunting rifle of the same calibre. It just has a suped up stock and all to make it look more sporty.
I think even the unredacted parts of the report pretty clearly said that it was the medical examiner's gloves that had become contaminated
While assisting on scene, the Medical Examiner had contaminated his gloves and asked if i would use his camera an take the necessary photos

I would also venture to say the very literal difference between a hunting rifle and an assault rifle is their use. In this case, assault. I will try to use the more objective term "automatic rifle" if it will help keep the discussion on topic.

I'd be more open to that theory if either the criminal case against PM or the civil suit against AM1/AM2/RMSr had been dismissed.

Both cases were still pending at the time of the murders, though, and (prior to PM's murder, at least), moving forward, albeit slowly, through the court system.

The wheels of justice turn slowly.
Some families wait decades for it.

I'm just not seeing any indicators that someone from MB's team went off the rails and lost it.

I can't get past the fact that concomitant to the murders, the family patriarch, RM, was literally on his deathbed.

Coincidence?

Maybe. Maybe not.

"Cui Bono?"

J.M.O.
You and I landed on exactly the same page. But for Paul and the rest of the M family being awash in scandals, rumors and the Beach lawsuit the list of prime suspects would be quite short. I hope LE doesn’t lose sight of this and investigates accordingly.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member