SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
How does this woman know this? It sounds to me like a certain narrative is settling into the community - but I'd sure like some confirmation.

Do we even know if any dogs were harmed? Or that Paul was shot first?
No. When it comes right down to it, I don’t even think we know if any dogs were in the kennels that night.

There’s a picture showing the M’s on their boat accompanied by a very content retriever. For all we know the M’s dog(s) may have been kept as family pets in the house, with the kennels used by guests and renters.

Last edited:
In his supplement report David Long (no rank given) stated that he took photos at the request of the Medical Examiner because he had contaminated his gloves. Do what? He couldnt get another pair of gloves and what does this have to do with him handling his own camera? Is David Long qualified to do the job of the Medical Examiner? AND they just openly admitted that there was contamination at the crime scene. Any good defense lawyer will use this in court. They have botched this case right from the start. Unreal.

BTW: This is the kind of thing that LE almost always keeps hushed up but they just put it in an official document and released it to the public. I can't help but wonder if it was intentional.
I interpreted him being asked to take the picture because ME’s gloves were contaminated to mean ME had blood or some other bodily substance on their gloves that they didn’t want to get on the camera.

With a lack of any new substantive info on the case to analyze sometimes we read too much into the info we do have. I suspect that may be the case w/the “contaminated gloves”.

That said, I think there’s plenty of other info re the Smith death investigation to show—deliberate cover—up or not-it was botched badly. VERY badly! Murdough murders aside, it needed to be reopened.

No. When it comes right down to it, I don’t even think we know if any dogs were in the kennels that night.

There’s a picture showing the M’s on their boat accompanied by a very content retriever. For all we know the M’s dog(s) may have been kept as family pets in the house, with the kennels used by guests and renters.

The dogs were in the kennels that night.

When maintenance workers came to Moselle the day after the murders to install front gates on the property, there were reports of the dogs barking in the background.

JMO

Last edited:

On March 6th Maggie posted about stolen machinery Kubota bush hog <expensive> that happened at Moselle. Could it be that someone(s) came back for more? It mentioned it happened sometime between Thurs - Sat, which leads me to believe they weren't staying there full time. Maybe they've gathered there after school for Paul and MM and AM because of RM.

Perhaps Paul heard the dogs barking at something and, being on guard because of the theft, went to investigate with a shotgun. Maggie heard shots and went out to investigate and was killed?

Just speculating out loud. This is a real life whodunit.

MOO

I believe MM was just ‘sharing’ this post. The equipment was stolen from a relative’s farm off Sniders Road. It was that relative that made the original post and asked everyone to share.

As others have posted, the main house is a football field away from the kennels…probably because barking is very commonplace for ‘country dogs.’ ( I could qualify as an expert on this point. LOL)

Was there a caretaker? Surely there must have been at some point. The small house seems meant for that purpose.

On FB there is a post from a relative who is renting out his lodge with an on-site manager. Did the M’s do the same when they didn’t want to use it. I believe another article indicated that they often loaned the lodge out and many people were familiar with it. Then there had to be a manager on site. Dogs have to be cared for daily. Not randomly when you or your friends or paying guests show up.

Furthermore, I can’t see ‘the lady of the manor’ and/or her son…cleaning out those kennels…or even walking down there on a cold rainy night at 9pm to feed dogs.

So why were they found in that kennel area?

I also don’t see MM leaving the main house to confront intruders a football field away. IMO, either they actually did drag her out of the house and down to that area…or she was pulled out of her car, if she stopped while coming in that driveway. Or she stopped to speak to…or confront someone she knew and was not afraid of.

Was there a caretaker? Surely there must have been at some point. The small house seems meant for that purpose.

Snipped by me -

As I understand it, the farm manager was recently fired and I assume his duties included caring for the hunting dogs.

So I stand by my original theory - AM/MM/PM were all visiting RM3 (I'm sure they knew his days were numbered). MM/PM left to go home to Moselle and AM took RM3 to the hospital. With no farm manager on-site, PM/MM stopped to feed the dogs before going to the main house and were ambushed. AM arrived home after RM3 was admitted to the hospital and found them close to the kennels.

The killer(s) might have intended to take out AM as well but didn't know he would not be home at the same time as MM/PM.

The fired/disgruntled farm manager is definitely a suspect in my eyes as who else would know the M's had to feed the dogs and who else might have access to the security cameras to turn them off if there was no footage.

JMO

Last edited:
As others have posted, the main house is a football field away from the kennels…probably because barking is very commonplace for ‘country dogs.’ ( I could qualify as an expert on this point. LOL)

On FB there is a post from a relative who is renting out his lodge with an on-site manager. Did the M’s do the same when they didn’t want to use it. I believe another article indicated that they often loaned the lodge out and many people were familiar with it. Then there had to be a manager on site. Dogs have to be cared for daily. Not randomly when you or your friends or paying guests show up.

Furthermore, I can’t see ‘the lady of the manor’ and/or her son…cleaning out those kennels…or even walking down there on a cold rainy night at 9pm to feed dogs.

So why were they found in that kennel area?

I also don’t see MM leaving the main house to confront intruders a football field away. IMO, either they actually did drag her out of the house and down to that area…or she was pulled out of her car, if she stopped while coming in that driveway. Or she stopped to speak to…or confront someone she knew and was not afraid of.

“Someone she knew”

I feel like this was someone they knew.

My opinion this was Over kill

Perhaps the reason that the 911 call is not being released and the authorities say the public is not at risk, is because AM provided them with a suspect when he called 911.

MM might have even called him to come home and relayed information.

I know when I lived in Va it was spotty to get cell service, there was a store not far where ppl would park to get cell service.

Wonder if any one has looked at what phones were in that area at that time.

Phones and cell towers have told LE were ppls phones are when.

A question for you legal eagles on the board:

Just to clarify (and I apologize if this has been asked before, and I missed it), if PM and MM are murdered, do BM and AM (who are named as defendants in the civil suit) inherit the Moselle property, thus suddenly becoming the possessors of recoverable assets? If so, would this not point to a possible motive for the plaintiffs?

Edit: I realize that perhaps her will lists a trust, rather than individuals, as the heir to the property, and that that trust might be nested in a confusing Russian doll of additional trusts and/or corporations. I don't know if the law permits such in South Carolina; I've never been wealthy enough to ponder needing to do that.

A question for you legal eagles on the board:

Just to clarify (and I apologize if this has been asked before, and I missed it), if PM and MM are murdered, do BM and AM (who are named as defendants in the civil suit) inherit the Moselle property, thus suddenly becoming the possessors of recoverable assets? If so, would this not point to a possible motive for the plaintiffs?
Without seeing the wills of either deceased, there is no way to know.
I would bet there is extensive estate planning to shield assets from taxes or lawsuit recovery.

If thats the case then it was a mistake not to put it in the report. When it comes to something like that you don't mention contamination and crime scene in the same sentence. Thats just a no brainer.

As for the gun, an assault rifle is no different than a semi automatic hunting rifle of the same calibre. It just has a suped up stock and all to make it look more sporty.

BBM
This is incorrect. Something like an AR-15 is simply a semi automatic rifle. An assault rifle has selective fire allowing it to fire in fully automatic mode. News agencies constantly use the term "assault rifle", which is rarely factual.

There are some other characteristics that could define a weapon as an "assault" weapon depending on the jurisdiction but those are few and far between as well

Last edited:
BBM
This is incorrect. Something like an AR-15 is simply a semi automatic rifle. An assault rifle has selective fire allowing it to fire in fully automatic mode. News agencies constantly use the term "assault rifle", which is rarely factual.

There are some other characteristics that could define a weapon as an "assault" weapon depending on the jurisdiction but those are few and far between as well

This is not incorrect but what you stated is not incorrect either. It just depends on what your referring to as a assualt rifle. What I was referring to as being one is what most people nowadays think of as being one.
For instance, I cannot think of one shooting in recent years where a fully automatic weapon was used, they were semi automatics and this is what has become known as an assualt weapon.
Any semi automatic can be converted over to fully automatic, including a hunting rifle. The overall function remains the same.
You'll just have to look at it however you want but this is getting a little off topic now so I'm gonna go on.

Edited to say: The point I was trying to make from the start was, don't rule out a hunting rifle.

Last edited:
I still suspect Paul was taken down initially with the rifle as well and the shotgun injuries just made this less apparent on initial impression

When someone has 20 small holes in them it's a reasonable assumption to think assault rifle

I'm pretty sure that part of the report just meant that the medical examiner had blood on his gloves and didn't want to touch his camera with them so he had that cop take the pictures at his direction

20 small holes? Shot 20 times or 20 wounds? Could it be buckshot or some smaller kind of shot that scatters?

Sorry I haven't had time to read everything here. Could you give me a link to the source of this?

Last edited:
I interpreted him being asked to take the picture because ME’s gloves were contaminated to mean ME had blood or some other bodily substance on their gloves that they didn’t want to get on the camera.

With a lack of any new substantive info on the case to analyze sometimes we read too much into the info we do have. I suspect that may be the case w/the “contaminated gloves”.

That said, I think there’s plenty of other info re the Smith death investigation to show—deliberate cover—up or not-it was botched badly. VERY badly! Murdough murders aside, it needed to be reopened.

It may have been innocent enough and I might be reading too much into it but I still think it was a mistake. If your called up on the witness stand under oath and asked a direct question then by all means be honest but they shouldn't have just volunteered this information to the public. Never give ammunition to the defense because they're going to read to much into it too. Hopefully the evidence will be so overwhelming that it will overcome any mistakes. JMO.

I agree with you 100% on the Smith case.

Is NYPost Post good MSM?

Murdaugh mystery deepens as murder cold case with ties to family reopens

"She is the victim, having lost her son, being part of the slaughter at the farm, and [having] her world turned upside down,” one woman who claimed to know Maggie told The Post. “Have [people] ever thought of the terror she faced that night being dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage?”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atlanta_2_Philly