SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: the boating accident.

Anthony Cook stated in his deposition he was Paul Murduagh's cousin. He also stated that Mallory yelled at Paul and told him he was being stupid Re: deposition of Anthony Cook. Paul who had already been arguing with the other 5 occupants of the boat over his driving (claiming to know that river better than anyone else on board) even going so far as to slap, push and spit on his girlfriend MD, (per depositions of Anthony Cook and Miley Altan) then pointed at Mallory and started to say something to her. AC at that time (according to his deposition) said to Paul "Don't make that mistake". Paul stares at him without blinking for a few seconds, then begins to strip down to his underwear. It was February, a dark cold foggy night with a misting rain, so we can assume all the occupants had on heavy clothing (indeed AC testified he had on 2 jackets and took one off in order to swim out of the water). If all occupants were dressed in jackets, sweats, sweaters, pants and boots (Mallory had on a pink shirt, pants and pink fuzzy boots per her descriptive clothing given to searchers) and all occupants were arguing with Paul, JMO that Paul was angry at the other 5 occupants. So in conclusion, considering the ongoing arguments in which they were all ganging up on Paul, so to speak, His cousin AC's implied threat concerning Paul's perceived treatment (or verbal abuse) of his girlfriend Mallory, Paul stripping down to his boxers then throttling the boat to high speed on what he admittedly knew was a dangerous waterway, the only conclusion I can draw is he knew how close the bridge was from their location, knew that if he was stripped to his boxers he had a more that even chance of swimming out of the river, while knowing that the 5 other people dressed in heavy clothing had only a slim chance of making it out of the cold water, dragged down by jeans, boots and jackets. My conclusion and this is my theory only, he deliberately and knowingly throttled the boat to a high speed close to the bridge and hit the bridge piling to throw everyone from the boat into the cold water where he knew that of the 6 he was the only one to have an equal chance of surviving.

If I, as a stranger, not having been on the boat, have drawn this conclusion from his cousins description of his personality (Timmy) while drunk, then I am sure that AC and CC who knew him their entire lives, were relatives and friends, also had that same thought cross their minds more than a few times as have the families and friends of MA, MD, AC, CC and MB.

Deliberately trying to drown or otherwise kill 5 people (this is my opinion only of Paul's behavior that night) would give a motive to all 5 plus their families and friends. Indeed perhaps the entire town drew the same conclusion and that is why so much hostility generated over the death of Malloy Beach that doesn't seem to have abated much if the comments on Paul's obituary are any indication.

Thoughts anyone?

JMO

I don’t think he deliberately tried to drown 5 people. I think he was used to getting his way and he wasnt giving up his ‘right’ to drive the boat. “It’s mine, I can drive drunk or not.” He apparently thought he was invincible. If any trouble occurred he could get out of it. Spitting on people and demeaning them says a lot about his character.

That wide clearing of the wood line in the aerial views is probably intended to frame a view of the set back lodge more than to serve as an "entrance" but by the same token it's not like the hundreds of acres are fenced or anything. There are dozens of ways that the perpetrators might have approached the property but the location of the crime suggest they probably did come up the driveway

Last edited:
Re: the murders.

In addition to the 4 surviving occupants of the boating accident, their friends and families, there also could be made an argument for AM being a suspect.

1. the property all being in MM's name having been transferred with no apparent legal reason which upon her death would revert back to AM as her legal spouse.
2. The impending death of his father and any inheritance he or MM or PM would have gotten.
3. Paul's continued legal troubles both criminal and civil which would most certainly draw shame on an 86 year old heritage when they finally proceeded to open court which they were most certainly going to do with the breakdown in mediation talks. And
4. He leaves at 9 PM to go "hunting" after dark. Both victims were killed between 9 and 9:30 PM, then he returns at 10:00 PM to find them.

This is an extremely narrow window for a stranger or even a family member or good friend very familiar with the property to sneak onto the property, lure 2 victims away from the main house and kill one of them with 2 shots from something as loud as a shotgun. Yet there is no mention that AM heard any shots. A total absence of 1 hour would mean a 30 minute walk there and a 30 minute walk back. Assuming he was "hunting" in the woods, also assuming a normal person could only walk about 1 mile in 15 minutes, this would put him within 2 miles of the crime scene in which 2 loud shotgun blasts could be distinctly heard and be discerned which direction they were coming from.

Also the statement that there was no danger to the public leads me to believe that LEO knew from hour one who the killer was and are now gathering needed proof to prosecute which would have to be air tight given the lawyers in this family.

This is my opinion only.

Thoughts anyone?

AM is still a possibility in my mind. There doesn’t appear to be a firm statement on him not being involved yet.

Where do y9u all believe the second entrance is in this aerial? I’m curious because I see the entrance that goes past the kennels. Just wondering if that’s the most commonly used entrance..even for family. In that case, PM and MM might have seen something that set this off as they drove in.

I was wrong about the picture showing it well, but you can still see them. On Google maps you can zoom in and out and see it better. Plus you can see the back of the property and a possible entrance there too. But there’s a river that goes thru the middle of the property so I’m not sure you could get all the way to the house from the back side.

Attachments

• 216ACD66-BFC9-461B-864E-E08AC6D2A243.jpeg
    216ACD66-BFC9-461B-864E-E08AC6D2A243.jpeg
    121.7 KB · Views: 43
I was wrong about the picture showing it well, but you can still see them. On Google maps you can zoom in and out and see it better. Plus you can see the back of the property and a possible entrance there too. But there’s a river that goes thru the middle of the property so I’m not sure you could get all the way to the house from the back side.

Thank you. FINALLY…I can see it now. Thanks for the help and the patience.

You and I landed on exactly the same page. But for Paul and the rest of the M family being awash in scandals, rumors and the Beach lawsuit the list of prime suspects would be quite short. I hope LE doesn’t lose sight of this and investigates accordingly.
And I agree with you both.
That was my very first thought.. even as we kept learning more and more of other cases, and family dynamics.

I don’t think he deliberately tried to drown 5 people. I think he was used to getting his way and he wasnt giving up his ‘right’ to drive the boat. “It’s mine, I can drive drunk or not.” He apparently thought he was invincible. If any trouble occurred he could get out of it. Spitting on people and demeaning them says a lot about his character.

Sounds like an insecure person to me.

It took me like 15 minutes to dig back and find this picture so I thought I'd go ahead and bring it forward. It shows a much better view of the road face of the property and I was wrong there actually is a drive up the other clearing

Attachments

• 69B6A8A0-8722-4B86-9764-88813B95F9F5.jpeg
    69B6A8A0-8722-4B86-9764-88813B95F9F5.jpeg
    188.7 KB · Views: 104
As others have posted, the main house is a football field away from the kennels…probably because barking is very commonplace for ‘country dogs.’ ( I could qualify as an expert on this point. LOL)

Was there a caretaker? Surely there must have been at some point. The small house seems meant for that purpose.

On FB there is a post from a relative who is renting out his lodge with an on-site manager. Did the M’s do the same when they didn’t want to use it. I believe another article indicated that they often loaned the lodge out and many people were familiar with it. Then there had to be a manager on site. Dogs have to be cared for daily. Not randomly when you or your friends or paying guests show up.

Furthermore, I can’t see ‘the lady of the manor’ and/or her son…cleaning out those kennels…or even walking down there on a cold rainy night at 9pm to feed dogs.

So why were they found in that kennel area?

I also don’t see MM leaving the main house to confront intruders a football field away. IMO, either they actually did drag her out of the house and down to that area…or she was pulled out of her car, if she stopped while coming in that driveway. Or she stopped to speak to…or confront someone she knew and was not afraid of.
I just assumed their dogs were NOT there when they were NOT there.
They brought the dogs with them when they stayed there.
They did not leave them there.

At least, that is what we do-- we take our dogs with us when we go elsewhere, but we bring them back to our house when we come back, we dont leave them there.

Of course, we don't know what their habits are so who knows??
I just assumed the kennels were there for their own dogs when they were there or for visiting friends who may have brought dogs along.

Is NYPost Post good MSM?

Murdaugh mystery deepens as murder cold case with ties to family reopens

"She is the victim, having lost her son, being part of the slaughter at the farm, and [having] her world turned upside down,” one woman who claimed to know Maggie told The Post. “Have [people] ever thought of the terror she faced that night being dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage?”
Say WHAT?!?!?!?!!?

I have been asking since the beginning if they were approached in or near house and taken out to the kennels or if something else made them go outside to the kennels like to investigate a noise or something.
This sounds like it began at the house IMO

Say WHAT?!?!?!?!!?

I have been asking since the beginning if they were approached in or near house and taken out to the kennels or if something else made them go outside to the kennels like to investigate a noise or something.
This sounds like it began at the house IMO

That statement by a woman who claimed to know MM is totally uncorroborated. Who would've told her MM was dragged through the dark ? You can bet AM was told to keep all investigative details to himself. Besides, it is a quarter mile from the main house to the kennels.

Moselle Sc to Varnville, SC, where Randolph III lived is about 15 minutes according to Google. (hopefully there’s not traffic I’m not allowing for LOL) At 9:45 pm that should be an easy ride.

AM should have had an emotionally exhausting day…ending with taking his terminally ill Father to,the hospital…and the driving back to check on his Mother before driving home. I wonder why he went in that service entrance? I can’t see him planning on doing chores.

Why at 10pm on a rainy night wouldn’t he take that entrance closest to the main house? It’s shorter…probably less mud.

Coming from Varnville…isn’t that entrance the one he would pass first?

I just assumed their dogs were NOT there when they were NOT there.
They brought the dogs with them when they stayed there.
They did not leave them there.

At least, that is what we do-- we take our dogs with us when we go elsewhere, but we bring them back to our house when we come back, we dont leave them there.

Of course, we don't know what their habits are so who knows??
I just assumed the kennels were there for their own dogs when they were there or for visiting friends who may have brought dogs along.

I’m assuming these were hunting dogs for the hunting lodge…not specifically pets. Cared for by a resident manager…not the wealthy family. But who knows….

Re: the murders.

In addition to the 4 surviving occupants of the boating accident, their friends and families, there also could be made an argument for AM being a suspect.

1. the property all being in MM's name having been transferred with no apparent legal reason which upon her death would revert back to AM as her legal spouse.
2. The impending death of his father and any inheritance he or MM or PM would have gotten.
3. Paul's continued legal troubles both criminal and civil which would most certainly draw shame on an 86 year old heritage when they finally proceeded to open court which they were most certainly going to do with the breakdown in mediation talks. And
4. He leaves at 9 PM to go "hunting" after dark. Both victims were killed between 9 and 9:30 PM, then he returns at 10:00 PM to find them.

This is an extremely narrow window for a stranger or even a family member or good friend very familiar with the property to sneak onto the property, lure 2 victims away from the main house and kill one of them with 2 shots from something as loud as a shotgun. Yet there is no mention that AM heard any shots. A total absence of 1 hour would mean a 30 minute walk there and a 30 minute walk back. Assuming he was "hunting" in the woods, also assuming a normal person could only walk about 1 mile in 15 minutes, this would put him within 2 miles of the crime scene in which 2 loud shotgun blasts could be distinctly heard and be discerned which direction they were coming from.

Also the statement that there was no danger to the public leads me to believe that LEO knew from hour one who the killer was and are now gathering needed proof to prosecute which would have to be air tight given the lawyers in this family.

This is my opinion only.

Thoughts anyone?
A few thoughts
1st-- I believe LE has said that AM took his dad to the hospital and that is his alibi.

2nd-- I do think the very first reported news that said he was "out shooting" may be the truth, but that is JMO and of course, LE can verify if he was at hospital or our in woods.

3rd-- I dont think it has been mentioned and if it has, I have missed it, but if he was out "shooting" or "hunting" we don't necessarily know that it was right there at their lodge.
I mean, it would make sense, of course, but we dont know what woods he was at.

But I get what you are saying and I agree with your thoughts.

The Murdaugh family has stated that AM was with his father at the time of the shooting. Their phrasing "iron clad alibi" suggests there are multiple credible witnesses that corroborate this and maybe electronic surveillance as well. "AM has an iron clad alibi" is one of the few meaningful statements to have come from them so I expect it is true, although I find it to be suspiciously convenient.

While it is true that family members said he was with his father, he himself stated he was hunting at the lodge. The "iron clad alibi" is in the first MSM stories while later MSM stories state he was hunting. My opinion only and not sure which MSM changed his alibi from hospital to hunting. Sorry not to be able to offer a source at this time but will certainly hunt for that source. In the meantime consider it :

JMO

A few thoughts
1st-- I believe LE has said that AM took his dad to the hospital and that is his alibi.

2nd-- I do think the very first reported news that said he was "out shooting" may be the truth, but that is JMO and of course, LE can verify if he was at hospital or our in woods.

3rd-- I dont think it has been mentioned and if it has, I have missed it, but if he was out "shooting" or "hunting" we don't necessarily know that it was right there at their lodge.
I mean, it would make sense, of course, but we dont know what woods he was at.

But I get what you are saying and I agree with your thoughts.

It is true that if indeed he was "hunting" there is nothing to say where he was "hunting" or indeed what he was hunting. That "hunting" could cover a veritable Pandora's box of hunting activities.

EG: regular hunting of an animal, hunting a drink, hunting a bar, hunting companionship (I will leave it to all yall's imagination what type companionship he may have been hunting).

All my own opinion and in no way asserting that any of this could remotely be fact. Pure conjecture on my part.

That statement by a woman who claimed to know MM is totally uncorroborated. Who would've told her MM was dragged through the dark ? You can bet AM was told to keep all investigative details to himself. Besides, it is a quarter mile from the main house to the kennels.
Ok-- so not in MSM
However, news travels fast in small towns and within certain circles so while I agree AM and other family have been told not to speak of anything, doesn't mean another local hasn't or a spouse of anyone.
Regardless.. it is moot point.. it is not mentioned in a verified article so there's that.

It is true that if indeed he was "hunting" there is nothing to say where he was "hunting" or indeed what he was hunting. That "hunting" could cover a veritable Pandora's box of hunting activities.

EG: regular hunting of an animal, hunting a drink, hunting a bar, hunting companionship (I will leave it to all yall's imagination what type companionship he may have been hunting).

All my own opinion and in no way asserting that any of this could remotely be fact. Pure conjecture on my part.
Plus-- I think it mentioned he was out "Shooting" not hunting.
Which in my mind, well... He may indeed been out "shooting"
JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members