SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
In true crime stories like the Murdaugh murders, why anyone would prefer the big city news papers over the local paper like the Island Packet with constant "boots on the ground" is beyond me.
Paywalls sometimes or not wanting to give your email to every place you want to read an article. For me anyway. You never can tell who's going to get someone local to talk. Could be some don't trust the local newspapers.

With such things going on with officials,if someone were to question the time of death of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh I'd had to at the least consider some "facts" may be ill-prepared facts. AJMO

Snipped by me -

I'd agree with you except I'm sure the Murdaugh murders is an extremely high profile case in that area (compared to SS and GS cases) and LE is most likely more careful as to getting the facts correct.

Paywalls sometimes or not wanting to give your email to every place you want to read an article. For me anyway. You never can tell who's going to get someone local to talk. Could be some don't trust the local newspapers.

Incognito browser sessions are your friend along with VPN sessions if necessary.

Could be that some don't trust the major papers either due to extreme political bias.

Incognito browser sessions are your friend along with VPN sessions if necessary.

Could be that some don't trust the major papers either due to extreme political bias.
Incognito doesn't work, it really does depend on the phone and I don't do VPN. I think some have very little trust for all media but it's like that everywhere.

True and exactly why I don't trust any of the MSM and their "facts".

I am with you one thousand percent. Only once in my life was I close to a case. It received international attention. The reporting was sensational, horrific, and more than not, completely untrue. Thank God NC was an open file state.

I have never viewed the media with respect again. That’s why, even in this case, when I see the narrative built around PM…I remember the media narrative built around 3 innocent kids. It makes me pull myself back…even if I sometimes sound like a defense attorney.

A property manager notified Columbia police, the local authorities near the college, about an open door found at one of the apartments the day after Murdaugh and his mother were shot dead.

Paul Murdaugh's Apartment Near University of South Carolina Searched by SLED: Report

If the door was just ajar and not closed completely, would the building manager called LE? Or was the door pushed open/broke?

Would like to know what time they checked doors.

I don’t think AM’s “iron clad alibi” is that he was out shooting. I think his “iron clad alibi” is that he was with his father.

I think it’s possible that an early article suggesting that AM was “out at the time of the shooting” was misconstrued as “out shooting”. Just my opinion
BBM
Ahh-- Well, that would make way more sense. IMO

I told my other half the specifics of this crime and asked what he thought.

Someone sent a message, the message was received.

I find this comment very interesting & would appreciate if you’d expand on it a bit … why do you say it “was received”?

Unless you just mean the obvious, that the msg was to make the M family suffer & clearly that was accomplished …. but sounds like you have a bit more to your theory?

ETA - somehow my previous post was repeated in this one I guess ?

Last edited:
I found a quote early on in that one in which a state police sergeant said “I can’t say there’s not a threat to the community.”

Clearly there was, as there was a killer of two little girls on the loose, and it didn’t appear they were targeted by someone they knew.

That sort of crime, which I believe to be sexually motivated, is far different than an event like this.

I think these killers were lying in wait; this was purposeful, personal, and almost certainly an isolated event.

This was a very strong statement by law enforcement, and I think there was solid basis for it.

Sorry to be confused … is your last line - “This was a very strong statement by law enforcement, and I think there was solid basis for it” - about this M fam case, or about A&L in Delphi?

my memory of Delphi LE’s statements is like what you put, that they were more ambiguous … more along the lines of ‘we can’t say there’s a threat’ than ‘there is no threat’….

but of course can’t read these things like a codebreaker - there’s no clear universal meaning to ‘no threat to the community’ let alone shared rules for when it is & isn’t said. I tend to think a statement like that’s purpose is to keep people from unnecessary panic … such that ‘there IS a threat to the community’ is only used when LE wants people to stay inside etc due to the degree/ nature of a known threat … JMO

Well, LE and investigators were laid back enough to let AM's brother walk around with them at the crime scene but I do not think they would give out details about circumstances. JMO
But who knows..??? they let relatives walk around the crime scene so there is that.
Rumors swirl about double homicide involving SC law family. Some details begin to emerge. | News | postandcourier.com

Interesting… tho LE letting a family member walk around the crime scene WITH them is very different from letting a family member access the scene without LE being present

I think it’s possible that an early article suggesting that AM was “out at the time of the shooting” was misconstrued as “out shooting”. Just my opinion

sorry to say it in such a grim context but … lol. I read your comment & thought “yes! especially if ‘out shooting’ was first reported in the Daily Fail!” Not sure if it was … but wouldn’t be surprised, that tends to be how their “reporting” works …

I just feel like if there’s a crime scene of the sort where someone is dragged from the home etc … LE wouldn’t have been so laid back about it at the start … would they?

I find this comment very interesting & would appreciate if you’d expand on it a bit … why do you say it “was received”?

Unless you just mean the obvious, that the msg was to make the M family suffer & clearly that was accomplished …. but sounds like you have a bit more to your theory?

Not mine but my other half, hubby.
He didn’t elaborate any further.

I have no idea of the who and neither does he.

One thought. Mine

Someone that saw that family as a nuisance to the town, and felt like things had gone on long enough. In there eyes PM had and was going to get away with murder.

Jmo

I would hope that the hospital has cameras…and that AM had sufficient contact with various Drs and nurses during his time there….to establish that time frame.

But he left the hospital and supposedly went next to his Mothers house before he went home. That is where confirmation of that part of the alibi may be more difficult.

But MM’s cell phone being found on the road seems to indicate someone tossing it as they left the scene. But I wonder how far down the road it was found. Did it appear to be thrown from the drivers side of the car…or the passengers side? Or not from a car at all?

If MM's phone was found outside at some distance from her body, the first thought that crosses my mind is staging.

Another possibility is that she may have been running with it while being shot at, dropped it, and then kept running until she was shot to death.

It would be interesting to see exactly whete the phone was found on the property.

JMO.

I agree. JMO.

Also bringing forward @stmarysmead’s excellent post to agree and further speculate that this pent-up animosity is based not only on the three deaths linked to the family of the two murder victims, but also on countless incidents of petty injustices and contempt shown to many in the local community.

I do not underestimate a motive based on seething resentment by someone(s) who felt themselves a victim of disrespectful behavior and saw the same (and worse) behavior dealt to others with no repercussions. JMO.

IMO PM was a priority target but the perpetrator(s) were happy to hunt however many family members showed up at Murdaugh’s hunting lodge. IMHO the location of the bodies near the dog kennel was part of the message being delivered.

I’d love a detailed LE timeline of that night. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the perpetrator(s) were still there upon AM’s arrival and some quirk of fate or quick action taken prevented him from also being murdered.

I don’t believe in vigilante justice and wish that PM and MM were still here to give their accounts of that terrible night. MOO. That said, I can’t overlook several accounts of PM’s odious behavior nor what appears to be inordinate enabling of that behavior by his parents as a motivating factor in their homicides. MOO.

[B][COLOR=#0000ff]@ElementalLaura[/COLOR][/B], Thank you for your insightful and compassionate post!

I especially found this sentence of yours profoundly insightful:

"I’d love a detailed LE timeline of that night. It wouldn’t surprise me to learn that the perpetrator(s) were still there upon AM’s arrival and some quirk of fate or quick action taken prevented him from also being murdered."

If MM's phone was found outside at some distance from her body, the first thought that crosses my mind is staging.

Another possibility is that she may have been running with it while being shot at, dropped it, and then kept running until she was shot to death.

It would be interesting to see exactly whete the phone was found on the property.

JMO.
<snipped>
A cell phone belonging to Maggie Murdaugh was found on the road outside the 1,700-acre Colleton County estate the day after she and her son Paul were slain, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Although Paul Murdaugh’s cell phone was found near his body on the night of the killings June 7, investigators were unable to locate Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone that night, the sources said.

It wasn’t until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone’s ability to “ping” Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article252301778.html

Not mine but my other half, hubby.
He didn’t elaborate any further.

I have no idea of the who and neither does he.

One thought. Mine

Someone that saw that family as a nuisance to the town, and felt like things had gone on long enough. In there eyes PM had and was going to get away with murder.

Jmo

I am from the South. Here, we have an expression "he reached the end of his tether", meaning someone has just had ENOUGH. I think whoever killed these people had reached the end of his tether.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
salorenz