SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Plus-- I think it mentioned he was out "Shooting" not hunting.
Which in my mind, well... He may indeed been out "shooting"
JMO
Frankly, when I first read he had been “out shooting” my mind went to a shooting range, not hunting on the ranch or elsewhere.

Given it was getting dark and not hunting season if he was indeed “out shooting” a target/trap/skeet range still gets my vote.

Then again, I shoot targets but don’t hunt. Do hunters say they are going shooting when about to hunt, or do they typically say they’re going hunting?

Anyone find it odd that AM hasn’t spoken out yet? (Other than the reward)
I do, but I can think of so many hypothetical reasons for it that I don't find it necessarily suspicious in and of itself with regards to this specific double murder. What I would say is that it is unsurprising coming from a member of this generally suspicious family.

What I am saying is that we shouldn't begin making speculations based on pre-supposing that official facts are false.

Once a statement has been proven false, scrutiny can be fully focused there. That's sleuthing.

I understand what you are saying and I keep going back to only what the Coroner and law enforcement (including police reports) have stated:

Time of death: between 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Evidence: was found and sent to the SLED's forensic lab

911 call: was made at 10:07 p.m by Alex Murdoch

P.M and M.M: each sustained multiple wounds

Vehicle was impounded for evidence by SLED

Shell casings were found at the crime scene

Everything else I have read has come from the Island Packet news which claims the information was "told to them by sources close to the investigation".

I'm not saying that any or all of their information is inaccurate - just that it didn't come directly from law enforcement.

If I've missed anything above that came directly from law enforcement or the coroner, please let me know.

So, I am taking anything that is not on the list above with a grain of salt but I am reading it all!

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying and I keep going back to only what the Coroner and law enforcement (including police reports) have stated:

Time of death: between 9:00 p.m. and 9:30 p.m.

Evidence: was found and sent to the SLED's forensic lab

911 call: was made at 10:07 p.m by Alex Murdoch

P.M and M.M: each sustained multiple wounds

Vehicle was impounded for evidence by SLED

Shell casings were found at the crime scene

Everything else I have read has come from the Island Packet news which claims the information was "told to them by sources close to the investigation".

I'm not saying that any or all of their information is inaccurate - just that it didn't come directly from law enforcement.

If I've missed anything above that came directly from law enforcement or the coroner, please let me know.

So, I am taking anything that is not on the list above with a grain of salt but I am reading it all!
When people stand up in front of the entire nation on Good Morning America and say "Alex Murdaugh has an iron clad alibi" they would be taking a pretty enormous risk if it were to turn out he didn't.

I mean, I suppose it's possible that the details of the murders aren't being revealed properly, but I think it would be extremely difficult to kill yourself with MULTIPLE shotgun blasts to the head and chest. Maybe that's easier with an assault weapon, but are you suggesting MM killed PM and then herself? That possibility seems super unlikely to me. IMO!
Ditto! Never did I think it was suicide!

I am with you one thousand percent. Only once in my life was I close to a case. It received international attention. The reporting was sensational, horrific, and more than not, completely untrue. Thank God NC was an open file state.

I have never viewed the media with respect again. That’s why, even in this case, when I see the narrative built around PM…I remember the media narrative built around 3 innocent kids. It makes me pull myself back…even if I sometimes sound like a defense attorney.
Yep! I agree completely. Just reading your post gives me flashbacks. It’s infuriating when MSM gets facts wrong and sobering when you see firsthand how often it occurs.

Anyone find it odd that AM hasn’t spoken out yet? (Other than the reward)
Not at all. While acknowledging they can’t stop you from speaking out, typically in cases like this LE strongly encourages family members and witnesses NOT to talk to the press. (That might not be the case if someone were missing or there’s a ongoing threat to the community.)

AM’s a lawyer and likely advises people daily not to say a word if they don’t have to. Hopefully he’s talking up a storm w/LE to help solve the crime, but guilty or innocent I completely understand why he might not want to speak publicly.

Frankly, I’m more surprised that his brothers showed up on GMA.

Not at all. While acknowledging they can’t stop you from speaking out, typically in cases like this LE strongly encourages family members and witnesses NOT to talk to the press. (That might not be the case if someone were missing or there’s a ongoing threat to the community.)

AM’s a lawyer and likely advises people daily not to say a word if they don’t have to. Hopefully he’s talking up a storm w/LE to help solve the crime, but guilty or innocent I completely understand why he might not want to speak publicly.

Me thinks we think alike :)

BBM

I'm not surprised they showed up - I'm surprised they made a laughable comment about the family having no enemies.

Then again, I shoot targets but don’t hunt. Do hunters say they are going shooting when about to hunt, or do they typically say they’re going hunting?

Though I don't hunt very often, I always use the term "hunting" to describe that activity. Likewise, my friends who are avid hunters also use the term "hunting" exclusively.

Frankly, when I first read he had been “out shooting” my mind went to a shooting range, not hunting on the ranch or elsewhere.

Given it was getting dark and not hunting season if he was indeed “out shooting” a target/trap/skeet range still gets my vote.

Three of my brothers are hunters and they always say they are going hunting. I've never heard them say they are going shooting.

Though I don't hunt very often, I always use the term "hunting" to describe that activity. Likewise, my friends who are avid hunters also use the term "hunting" exclusively.

Hubby is Hunter, ex instructor long range shooting, if going hunting it typically means game, deer
Duck and such.

Shooting is not a term he uses. When he’s going to the range/target practice then he says that.

Last edited:
Those roads kind of look like fire breaks to me. But.... I am from Oklahoma, although I have been to both NC and SC, we have bulldozers here that create firebreaks every year routinely. But again I am not from the area and have no idea if the state or residents create firebreaks on a regular basis.

JMO

Some of the straighter ones look like they could be shooting lanes, but yes we have firebreaks around here. Usually in the set out pines (commercial tree farms) not so much in the hardwoods.

Last edited:
<snipped>
A cell phone belonging to Maggie Murdaugh was found on the road outside the 1,700-acre Colleton County estate the day after she and her son Paul were slain, according to sources familiar with the investigation.

Although Paul Murdaugh’s cell phone was found near his body on the night of the killings June 7, investigators were unable to locate Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone that night, the sources said.

It wasn’t until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone’s ability to “ping” Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said.

https://www.charlotteobserver.com/news/state/south-carolina/article252301778.html
Her cell phone being found the NEXT day, out in the road, screams either "STAGED" or murderer took it, then at last minute decided to ditch it.
I believe the murderer had it in their possession until he/she got rid of it.

Last edited:
Its highely unlikely that someone would shoot them self twice with a shotgun but it has been known to happen due to recoil.
Rivkah did state that it was a first instinct and I that it was just a thought, and it is.
I personelly believe they were probably targeted.
If targeted, there is a long list, IMO
But who would benefit the most ???
if not benefit, then who would be the must disgruntled to maybe "even" a score or get revenge ??

Those are my 2 thoughts with #1 being the main motive at this time.

And the lawyer handling this reward and speaking on his behalf if one if the best criminal defense attorneys in SC?? No coincidence there. JMO

What person should he bring in after his wife and child are murdered? These people obviously ran in the same circles. I'm going to bet he thinks he's someone he can trust to do their job and help. Until something else comes out, I can't fathom what AM has endured in such a short time.

Her cell phone being found the NEXT day, out in the road, screams either "STAGED" or murderer took it, then at last minute decided to ditch it.
I believe the murderer had it in their possession until he/she didn't.
I agree - either staged or murderer took it, then decided to ditch it. Or possibly, MM wasn't completely dead yet when the murderer left the scene and the murderer wanted to make sure MM could not use her phone to call for help (or report who'd done this, if she knew) so took it and discarded it far enough away MM couldn't have access, but not so far away that it was clear where the murderer was headed.

Although MM reportedly suffered multiple gunshot wounds that killed her, we don't know if she survived for any length of time after the shootings.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member