SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If MM's phone was found outside at some distance from her body, the first thought that crosses my mind is staging.

Another possibility is that she may have been running with it while being shot at, dropped it, and then kept running until she was shot to death.

It would be interesting to see exactly whete the phone was found on the property.

JMO.

The phone was found next to the road outside of the property.

A property manager notified Columbia police, the local authorities near the college, about an open door found at one of the apartments the day after Murdaugh and his mother were shot dead.

Paul Murdaugh's Apartment Near University of South Carolina Searched by SLED: Report

If the door was just ajar and not closed completely, would the building manager called LE? Or was the door pushed open/broke?

Would like to know what time they checked doors.
I wonder if it was the building manager's way of reporting activity at Paul's apartment after his death? This way he can get it on the record without naming names to anyone except LE?

I am from the South. Here, we have an expression "he reached the end of his tether", meaning someone has just had ENOUGH. I think whoever killed these people had reached the end of his tether.

A definite possibility. In support of that, there could be alot of people "holding tethers":

- One victim was involved in "BWI" accident leading to the death of another person. Furthermore, the victim's personality appears to have been capable of alienating other people apart from the boating accident.

- Two generations of the family were / are involved in a large scale "Sue'em" law firm. In addition to targeting large companies, the Sue'em firm also targeted a good number of local individuals.

- One member of the family might serve, or had served as either an active or "reserve" criminal prosecutor. Perhaps he prosecuted someone for the same offense that his son tried to evade?

- An associate of a family member was killed under strange circumstances. The death and possible obstructions of justice are being re-investigated by state authorities.

- An employee was recently fired. This termination would have led to an eviction as well as lost wages.

- Another employee had died following an accident at work.

- Then, add in the possibility of unknown fence line disputes with neighbors, confrontations over this and that-with multiple properties and perhaps multiple type A personalities as a source for the possibly angry neighbors.

Last edited:
Not arguing with your words just throwing out also the fact that the ME and Coroner for that county have had their actions and conclusions questioned by some in local and state LE as well as the general public. Some even being quoted in a report (Proctor's on Stephen Smith case) as being willing to write down what ever the investigator wanted, to change what they'd originally written in a report.

With such things going on with officials,if someone were to question the time of death of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh I'd had to at the least consider some "facts" may be ill-prepared facts. AJMO
I absolutely agree but completely discounting the current official version of events doesn't accomplish us anything. We must act in good faith if we expect to hold others accountable to act in good faith when and if we may establish otherwise.

Do we know which family member found the phone?
"It wasn’t until the next day, Tuesday, June 8, that a family member using his cell phone’s ability to “ping” Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone found the phone on his digital cell phone map, sources said.

At that point, Maggie Murdaugh’s cell phone was retrieved and was given to the State Law Enforcement Division, the sources said."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.ch...ws/state/south-carolina/article252301778.html

I've also read where it said, "that a family member using her cell phone’s ability". It sounds like whomever tracked Maggie's phone down with the app then picked it up and brought it to LE. That's how I interpret it.

I absolutely agree but completely discounting the current official version of events doesn't accomplish us anything. We must act in good faith if we expect to hold others accountable to act in good faith when and if we may establish otherwise.
I think in good faith but with great caution and to not be close-minded about anything.

I wonder if it was the building manager's way of reporting activity at Paul's apartment after his death? This way he can get it on the record without naming names to anyone except LE?
THIS is a believable and realistic explanation. (It seemed challenging for an outsider to gain access to this building, brazen for them to be in the presence of multiple security cameras, and with no sign of forced entry to the apartment …. )

moo

Three main newspapers in NYC area, NY Times which believe it or not doesn't always get the whole story right but usually has top notch reporting. Then you have the NY Post and the Daily News which are more sensationalistic but do report the widely known facts as well. NY Post has some tabloid in it's blood over some stories but has also broken some stories, the insider story, that later is widely picked up by the more reputable papers.

It's maddening they use unnamed sources but remember Deep Throat was an unnamed source too. I've always thought it was possible everything started at the main house and that Paul was shot with his own weapon.
My first instinct was murder-suicide due to the weapons being left. Thinking that was the reason authorities stated the public was not in danger. Also, suicide is a situation that could be problematic for a such high profile family. Just my intuition and opinion as there are few undisputed facts at this point.

On the night of June 7, when Alex Murdaugh returned to the family’s 1,700-acre estate in rural Colleton County, he told police he found Paul’s body lying on the ground more than 100 yards from the main house. It was severely disfigured from shotgun blasts. Some distance away, shot numerous times with an assault rifle, was Maggie’s body. Shell casings were found near the bodies.

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article252301778.html

My first instinct was murder-suicide due to the weapons being left. Thinking that was the reason authorities stated the public was not in danger. Also, suicide is a situation that could be problematic for a such high profile family. Just my intuition and opinion as there are few undisputed facts at this point.

I was thinking this exact thing. In some eyes it may be better for such a thing to foerever be thought of as an unsolved murder. Its just a thought, I hope LE will release some more info in the near future to set our paths straight.

I mean, I suppose it's possible that the details of the murders aren't being revealed properly, but I think it would be extremely difficult to kill yourself with MULTIPLE shotgun blasts to the head and chest. Maybe that's easier with an assault weapon, but are you suggesting MM killed PM and then herself? That possibility seems super unlikely to me. IMO!

I mean, I suppose it's possible that the details of the murders aren't being revealed properly, but I think it would be extremely difficult to kill yourself with MULTIPLE shotgun blasts to the head and chest. Maybe that's easier with an assault weapon, but are you suggesting MM killed PM and then herself? That possibility seems super unlikely to me. IMO!

Its highely unlikely that someone would shoot them self twice with a shotgun but it has been known to happen due to recoil.
Rivkah did state that it was a first instinct and I that it was just a thought, and it is.
I personelly believe they were probably targeted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper