SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mods - is it possible to get a thread/sticky where important links/pics can be posted such as aerial photos, property search and court case links, depositions, etc. ? As the investigation continues, we are seeing a lot of things being posted that have already been posted and might be nice to see them in one place.

20 small holes? Shot 20 times or 20 wounds? Could it be buckshot or some smaller kind of shot that scatters?

Sorry I haven't had time to read everything here. Could you give me a link to the source of this?
<modsnip> The very earliest details reported on this case said "Paul Murdaugh, 22, who sources say was shot at least twice with a shotgun, was the one targeted. His mother, Maggie Murdaugh, 52, was killed with what appears to be an assault rifle, the sources said"

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article252022183.html

I am not the one deciding to call Maggie's wounds "apparently assault rifle" inflicted. That is the original source, ver batim. I am merely speculating (I feel pretty safely) that such would present as multiple, grouped, deeply penetrating wounds.

I believe that this reporting was most likely accurate as it has not been denied in the weeks since the crime. To be fighting over three week old mainstream media language is absurd but it's exactly what happens when the public is starved for real new information on cases and vividly illustrates the mechanism that turns public opinion against law enforcement, the judiciary and victims.

Last edited by a moderator:
ADMIN NOTE:

This thread is to discuss the murders of Maggie and Paul which is separate from the Mallory Beach incident and/or the Stephen Smith incident. Please keep the focus on this case without bringing in all the specifics and details of separate cases.

While there can be a smidge of reference, details/documents/discussion should remain confined to the thread that is specifically dedicated to the individual case.

These types of overlap can be very difficult and time-consuming for moderation. Please just put more thought into which case you are discussing and which thread you are posting in.

Thank you.

I have been reading over the back story of these murders over the last several days. First thing to jump out at me was the name of the law firm PMPED and the type of lawsuits they conducted. Consider this if you have not. PMPED. Just have to add the I to make it very apt. These lawyers sound like ambulance chasers not only in SC but the entire world. I don't buy that "no enemies" for a second.

JMO

Re: the boating accident.

Anthony Cook stated in his deposition he was Paul Murduagh's cousin. He also stated that Mallory yelled at Paul and told him he was being stupid Re: deposition of Anthony Cook. Paul who had already been arguing with the other 5 occupants of the boat over his driving (claiming to know that river better than anyone else on board) even going so far as to slap, push and spit on his girlfriend MD, (per depositions of Anthony Cook and Miley Altan) then pointed at Mallory and started to say something to her. AC at that time (according to his deposition) said to Paul "Don't make that mistake". Paul stares at him without blinking for a few seconds, then begins to strip down to his underwear. It was February, a dark cold foggy night with a misting rain, so we can assume all the occupants had on heavy clothing (indeed AC testified he had on 2 jackets and took one off in order to swim out of the water). If all occupants were dressed in jackets, sweats, sweaters, pants and boots (Mallory had on a pink shirt, pants and pink fuzzy boots per her descriptive clothing given to searchers) and all occupants were arguing with Paul, JMO that Paul was angry at the other 5 occupants. So in conclusion, considering the ongoing arguments in which they were all ganging up on Paul, so to speak, His cousin AC's implied threat concerning Paul's perceived treatment (or verbal abuse) of his girlfriend Mallory, Paul stripping down to his boxers then throttling the boat to high speed on what he admittedly knew was a dangerous waterway, the only conclusion I can draw is he knew how close the bridge was from their location, knew that if he was stripped to his boxers he had a more that even chance of swimming out of the river, while knowing that the 5 other people dressed in heavy clothing had only a slim chance of making it out of the cold water, dragged down by jeans, boots and jackets. My conclusion and this is my theory only, he deliberately and knowingly throttled the boat to a high speed close to the bridge and hit the bridge piling to throw everyone from the boat into the cold water where he knew that of the 6 he was the only one to have an equal chance of surviving.

If I, as a stranger, not having been on the boat, have drawn this conclusion from his cousins description of his personality (Timmy) while drunk, then I am sure that AC and CC who knew him their entire lives, were relatives and friends, also had that same thought cross their minds more than a few times as have the families and friends of MA, MD, AC, CC and MB.

Deliberately trying to drown or otherwise kill 5 people (this is my opinion only of Paul's behavior that night) would give a motive to all 5 plus their families and friends. Indeed perhaps the entire town drew the same conclusion and that is why so much hostility generated over the death of Malloy Beach that doesn't seem to have abated much if the comments on Paul's obituary are any indication.

Thoughts anyone?

JMO

<modsnip> The very earliest details reported on this case said "Paul Murdaugh, 22, who sources say was shot at least twice with a shotgun, was the one targeted. His mother, Maggie Murdaugh, 52, was killed with what appears to be an assault rifle, the sources said"

https://www.thestate.com/news/state/south-carolina/article252022183.html

I am not the one deciding to call Maggie's wounds "apparently assault rifle" inflicted. That is the original source, ver batim. I am merely speculating (I feel pretty safely) that such would present as multiple, grouped, deeply penetrating wounds.

I believe that this reporting was most likely accurate as it has not been denied in the weeks since the crime. To be fighting over three week old mainstream media language is absurd but it's exactly what happens when the public is starved for real new information on cases and vividly illustrates the mechanism that turns public opinion against law enforcement, the judiciary and victims.

Fighting? I haven't seen a fight.
Although we may have gotten slightly off topic with a few of our posts there was nothing at all absurd about them.
All I did was ask a simple question and asked for a source. If I had known your speculation was the source then I wouldnt have asked.
Sorry about that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: the boating accident.

Anthony Cook stated in his deposition he was Paul Murduagh's cousin. He also stated that Mallory yelled at Paul and told him he was being stupid Re: deposition of Anthony Cook. Paul who had already been arguing with the other 5 occupants of the boat over his driving (claiming to know that river better than anyone else on board) even going so far as to slap, push and spit on his girlfriend MD, (per depositions of Anthony Cook and Miley Altan) then pointed at Mallory and started to say something to her. AC at that time (according to his deposition) said to Paul "Don't make that mistake". Paul stares at him without blinking for a few seconds, then begins to strip down to his underwear. It was February, a dark cold foggy night with a misting rain, so we can assume all the occupants had on heavy clothing (indeed AC testified he had on 2 jackets and took one off in order to swim out of the water). If all occupants were dressed in jackets, sweats, sweaters, pants and boots (Mallory had on a pink shirt, pants and pink fuzzy boots per her descriptive clothing given to searchers) and all occupants were arguing with Paul, JMO that Paul was angry at the other 5 occupants. So in conclusion, considering the ongoing arguments in which they were all ganging up on Paul, so to speak, His cousin AC's implied threat concerning Paul's perceived treatment (or verbal abuse) of his girlfriend Mallory, Paul stripping down to his boxers then throttling the boat to high speed on what he admittedly knew was a dangerous waterway, the only conclusion I can draw is he knew how close the bridge was from their location, knew that if he was stripped to his boxers he had a more that even chance of swimming out of the river, while knowing that the 5 other people dressed in heavy clothing had only a slim chance of making it out of the cold water, dragged down by jeans, boots and jackets. My conclusion and this is my theory only, he deliberately and knowingly throttled the boat to a high speed close to the bridge and hit the bridge piling to throw everyone from the boat into the cold water where he knew that of the 6 he was the only one to have an equal chance of surviving.

If I, as a stranger, not having been on the boat, have drawn this conclusion from his cousins description of his personality (Timmy) while drunk, then I am sure that AC and CC who knew him their entire lives, were relatives and friends, also had that same thought cross their minds more than a few times as have the families and friends of MA, MD, AC, CC and MB.

Deliberately trying to drown or otherwise kill 5 people (this is my opinion only of Paul's behavior that night) would give a motive to all 5 plus their families and friends. Indeed perhaps the entire town drew the same conclusion and that is why so much hostility generated over the death of Malloy Beach that doesn't seem to have abated much if the comments on Paul's obituary are any indication.

Thoughts anyone?

JMO
Interesting theory, but I think Paul was too drunk to think that clearly. Plus, IIRC one of the deposed boat riders said PM stripping off his clothes was part of “Timmy”’s typical behavior.

I wouldn’t be surprised if PM deliberately hit the throttle to knock a few people off their feet though. It sounds like he was quite a hot head.

Does anyone know if there is a second entrance to the property?
There’s at least 2 entrances to the front of the property. One kind of goes to the main house (or hunting lodge as they call it). The other goes by the dog kennels and that building with the reddish orange roof that you can see in a lot of the pictures. It also looks like there’s at least one entrance to the back of the property, but it’s hard to tell exactly just by Google maps.

Re: the murders.

In addition to the 4 surviving occupants of the boating accident, their friends and families, there also could be made an argument for AM being a suspect.

1. the property all being in MM's name having been transferred with no apparent legal reason which upon her death would revert back to AM as her legal spouse.
2. The impending death of his father and any inheritance he or MM or PM would have gotten.
3. Paul's continued legal troubles both criminal and civil which would most certainly draw shame on an 86 year old heritage when they finally proceeded to open court which they were most certainly going to do with the breakdown in mediation talks. And
4. He leaves at 9 PM to go "hunting" after dark. Both victims were killed between 9 and 9:30 PM, then he returns at 10:00 PM to find them.

This is an extremely narrow window for a stranger or even a family member or good friend very familiar with the property to sneak onto the property, lure 2 victims away from the main house and kill one of them with 2 shots from something as loud as a shotgun. Yet there is no mention that AM heard any shots. A total absence of 1 hour would mean a 30 minute walk there and a 30 minute walk back. Assuming he was "hunting" in the woods, also assuming a normal person could only walk about 1 mile in 15 minutes, this would put him within 2 miles of the crime scene in which 2 loud shotgun blasts could be distinctly heard and be discerned which direction they were coming from.

Also the statement that there was no danger to the public leads me to believe that LEO knew from hour one who the killer was and are now gathering needed proof to prosecute which would have to be air tight given the lawyers in this family.

This is my opinion only.

Thoughts anyone?

Interesting theory, but I think Paul was too drunk to think that clearly. Plus, IIRC one of the deposed boat riders said PM stripping off his clothes was part of “Timmy”’s typical behavior.

I wouldn’t be surprised if PM deliberately hit the throttle to knock a few people off their feet though. It sounds like he was quite a hot head.

I would like to agree, but from the deposition of MA, she stated that Paul drank one 6 pack of Bud light and a couple of watered down (always is) lemon drop drinks from a bar. Unless he had an extremely low tolerance to alcohol this was not enough to intoxicate him to the point of not thinking clearly. Enough to put him over the legal driving limit but not enough to make him a slobbering falling down drunk.

Indeed he kept his footing well enough to walk around on a moving boat, slap his girl friend, push her, then spit on her, and strip off his clothing which would be hard for a stone cold sober person to take off pants or jeans lifting one foot up to shed pants on a moving boat. I just don't buy it.

JMO

Re: the murders.

In addition to the 4 surviving occupants of the boating accident, their friends and families, there also could be made an argument for AM being a suspect.

1. the property all being in MM's name having been transferred with no apparent legal reason which upon her death would revert back to AM as her legal spouse.
2. The impending death of his father and any inheritance he or MM or PM would have gotten.
3. Paul's continued legal troubles both criminal and civil which would most certainly draw shame on an 86 year old heritage when they finally proceeded to open court which they were most certainly going to do with the breakdown in mediation talks. And
4. He leaves at 9 PM to go "hunting" after dark. Both victims were killed between 9 and 9:30 PM, then he returns at 10:00 PM to find them.

This is an extremely narrow window for a stranger or even a family member or good friend very familiar with the property to sneak onto the property, lure 2 victims away from the main house and kill one of them with 2 shots from something as loud as a shotgun. Yet there is no mention that AM heard any shots. A total absence of 1 hour would mean a 30 minute walk there and a 30 minute walk back. Assuming he was "hunting" in the woods, also assuming a normal person could only walk about 1 mile in 15 minutes, this would put him within 2 miles of the crime scene in which 2 loud shotgun blasts could be distinctly heard and be discerned which direction they were coming from.

Also the statement that there was no danger to the public leads me to believe that LEO knew from hour one who the killer was and are now gathering needed proof to prosecute which would have to be air tight given the lawyers in this family.

This is my opinion only.

Thoughts anyone?
The Murdaugh family has stated that AM was with his father at the time of the shooting. Their phrasing "iron clad alibi" suggests there are multiple credible witnesses that corroborate this and maybe electronic surveillance as well. "AM has an iron clad alibi" is one of the few meaningful statements to have come from them so I expect it is true, although I find it to be suspiciously convenient.

Where do y9u all believe the second entrance is in this aerial? I’m curious because I see the entrance that goes past the kennels. Just wondering if that’s the most commonly used entrance..even for family. In that case, PM and MM might have seen something that set this off as they drove in.

Attachments

• 9CAD508C-1062-4599-9A70-9D9EF45F7247.png
    9CAD508C-1062-4599-9A70-9D9EF45F7247.png
    731.4 KB · Views: 28
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics