SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
This has stuck with me.

Why? What were they looking for.

Did the perp/s enter/leave property by that route?

SLED divers search river near Murdaugh property in double-homicide investigation | WSAV-TV

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – Law enforcement officials on Wednesday confirmed that South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) divers have been searching the Salkehatchie River near the property where members of the Murdaugh family were found shot to death last Monday.

Yet they seemed to have left by the main road because this is where MM’s cell was found.

Exactly. Racoon and possum hunting is done at night.

Yes, but the kind of folks who have that sort of money and prestige, don't hunt raccoons and opossums. They hunt deer, quail, and waterfowl. (I've associated with both sets of folks most of my adult life.....) This is especially true of litigation lawyers. All of them I've known (and it's more than I could count) are obsessed with duck hunting; it's "their thing", like rappers drinking Cognac, or basketball players collecting athletic shoes. Goes with the territory.

By the way, I have an acquaintance down there (former co-worker), who is a Murdaugh, who does hunt raccoons, but he is no relation to the Murdaughs we are discussing here.

We have a double homicide preceded by two other incidents, one of which a victim of the homicide was being charged and during the homicide investigation evidence turns up in the other incident which I feel like wasn't buried very deep but was probably already at or near the surface and thats why LE seems to have found it so quickly and easily.
Its possible, and these are only a few things we are aware of. Who knows what else there could be? Its possible that PM was about to rollover on someone. JMO.

BBM:

We also have these 2 murders occurring almost immediately prior to the wealthy family patriarch's (not unexpected) death.

I think that may very well play a role in these murders, too.

"Cui bono?"

I do not think this was some attempted robbery gone wrong. If that were the case, and there were armed, impulsive, violent methheads running loose, LE would NOT have come out and stated there is no threat to the public.

They wouldn't say it, because it wouldn't be true.

This is not a botched robbery.

JMO.

Great question @sunshineray! One we've been waiting to hear answered.

The Post and Courier have requested that the 911 call be released, along with other information that the public has the right to see.

As of today, no judge has been assigned yet to this.
https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...118077795565657889995547531008670796671817385

As per the Post and Courier's COMPLAINT Freedom of Information of Information Act Suit for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief (Non-Jury) :

The Post and Courier sues SLED, Colleton County for public records in Murdaugh murder case

Excerpt from document:

"31. To date, neither Defendant has provided the recordings of the 911 call or calls to any of the Plaintiffs. Instead, Defendant SLED issued a news release on June 15, 2021, generally denying immediate access to the media and the public to the recordings of the 911 call(s)."

"32. Plaintiffs seek access to the CCSO Reports, the SLED Reports and the recordings of the 911 call(s) (collectively, the “Public Records”) in order to help the general public, as reflected in the readership of The Post and Courier, be more aware of the circumstances of the deaths of Paul and Margaret Murdaugh. No one has been arrested yet. If the Murdaughs were murdered, the public may be in danger from the killer or killers."
911 calls are always so emotional, sometimes no, but most of the time heartwrenching to hear. Maybe AM's is very emotional maybe very calm even in the circumstances. Nobody can know how another will react when confronted with such horrible sights. My God that he could use the phone at all is a feat.

I just don't understand why the public can't listen to the 911 report. It should be public knowledge. The public has a right to hear the call to police. That's why there's a law stating it.

I just hope the only reasons why LE won't release it aren't wealth and privilege. It better be evidentiary, if not they need to release it.

It was posted upthread that a judge has yet to be assigned to hear the case regarding releasing the 911 call. Sorry, that sounds like slow-walking in my opinion. Not helpful in a case where the family took to the morning shows to claim they are just average people.

It was posted upthread that a judge has yet to be assigned to hear the case regarding releasing the 911 call. Sorry, that sounds like slow-walking in my opinion. Not helpful in a case where the family took to the morning shows to claim they are just average people.

Perhaps AM said something on the call that implicated someone or something he witnessed and the 911 call will not be released until LE has thoroughly checked it out.

[/URL]

What’s very telling is the rightful legalities are not being carried out here. Is everyone, LE and others so controlled by the Murdaugh family that things ‘are different’ within this investigation?? It doesn’t bode well in not appearing entitled due to powerful connections.

They came back quickly at the onset with “there is no threat to the community.” No elaboration since then. Odd.

Was the reward offered to make one squeal as to the possible perps who might have taken revenge? Anyone involved or knowing information will definitely be intimidated by offering info. That may come with a price they aren’t up for. ‘If no one gets past this family why should I be the one, what’s the point if they never lose’?

The FB post sounds to me that she is not an intimate of the family, but perhaps approached them at the funerals to say that a reporter had asked for info about them from a Hampton resident and she wanted to give a sympathetic reply. She was given permission to say nice things.

Which is very kind of her…but the reporting suggests more. Just an opinion…of course.

I'd bet that on private hunting property guns & dogs are all the time. ;)

I have a couple of friends that are fanatical coon hunters and they never use guns, tho some do I’m sure. It’s more of a dog contest than hunting. If the dogs track the raccoon, it’s a success. They spend big money on those dogs, the kennels, and so on too.

The FB post sounds to me that she is not an intimate of the family, but perhaps approached them at the funerals to say that a reporter had asked for info about them from a Hampton resident and she wanted to give a sympathetic reply. She was given permission to say nice things.

Which is very kind of her…but the reporting suggests more. Just an opinion…of course.

It sounds like she knows others in the Murdaugh family (I'm guessing maybe Alex's siblings or parents), just not Paul and Maggie.

I have a couple of friends that are fanatical coon hunters and they never use guns, tho some do I’m sure. It’s more of a dog contest than hunting. If the dogs track the raccoon, it’s a success. They spend big money on those dogs, the kennels, and so on too.

Dogs were worth money. Guns kept there would be worth money. Even farm equipment would be worth money. And we haven’t even gotten to the contents of the main house.

Locks could be shot out as easily as killing humans.

Yet nothing was taken.

The river was searched in one direction…MM’s phone found in the other direction.

Something was found very quickly that re-opens a case that was pretty much closed for years.

MM is down at the dog kennels…a football field away from her comfortable house…on a rainy night.

AM…after what must have been a long and emotionally exhausting day…driving past an entrance that looks closer to the main house…to enter where he has to pass the kennels.

‘The 911 call…which the public is legally entitled to…is still unavailable.

There’s a family emergency where the terminally ill patriarch must be taken to the hospital, yet as close as they are as a family, one brother goes night hunting and can’t be reached by phone. Wouldn’t you think he’d be waiting to hear how Dad was doing and what the Doctors said?

Many, many puzzles IMO.

Peeples Ohmer, who has known the family her whole life, said they had recently been living at the hunting preserve. Given the family name and the recent news stories involving Paul, she said she had considered whether someone had taken local media’s representation of the Murdaugh family at face value, and whether Paul had "had this big target."

South Carolina Murdaugh family confident 'justice will be served' after double murder of mother, son: friend

BBM

How would she know this as she has admitted not knowing PM or MM ? A quick address search and map check shows she lives quite a distance from the Moselle property.

Yes, but the kind of folks who have that sort of money and prestige, don't hunt raccoons and opossums. They hunt deer, quail, and waterfowl. (I've associated with both sets of folks most of my adult life.....) This is especially true of litigation lawyers. All of them I've known (and it's more than I could count) are obsessed with duck hunting; it's "their thing", like rappers drinking Cognac, or basketball players collecting athletic shoes. Goes with the territory.

By the way, I have an acquaintance down there (former co-worker), who is a Murdaugh, who does hunt raccoons, but he is no relation to the Murdaughs we are discussing here.
I know quite a few people with as much money as the Murdaughs who do hunt racoon. They buy the finest of every dog, gadget, weapon, tracking system. etc. related to hunting them.

Dogs were worth money. Guns kept there would be worth money. Even farm equipment would be worth money. And we haven’t even gotten to the contents of the main house.

Locks could be shot out as easily as killing humans.

Yet nothing was taken. How do we know that ?

The river was searched in one direction…MM’s phone found in the other direction.

Maybe, we don't exactly where MM's phone was found.

Something was found very quickly that re-opens a case that was pretty much closed for years.

MM is down at the dog kennels…a football field away from her comfortable house…on a rainy night.

Dog kennels are actually a quarter mile from the main house which is more than 4 football fields.

AM…after what must have been a long and emotionally exhausting day…driving past an entrance that looks closer to the main house…to enter where he has to pass the kennels.

This depends on which route AM took to come home from Varnville. Google Maps shows 2 different routes - each would have AM approaching Moselle from a different direction.

‘The 911 call…which the public is legally entitled to…is still unavailable.

There’s a family emergency where the terminally ill patriarch must be taken to the hospital, yet as close as they are as a family, one brother goes night hunting and can’t be reached by phone. Wouldn’t you think he’d be waiting to hear how Dad was doing and what the Doctors said?

I listed to the GMA interview and didn't hear anything about RM4 going hunting or not available by phone.
Maybe I missed something ...

Many, many puzzles IMO.

Some inline answers and opinions ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics