SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where the brother was during the murders? TIA
Could you be more specific? Paul’s brother, or one of the father’s brothers?

When Alex Murdaugh’s two brothers (paternal uncles to Paul) appeared on Good Morning America, the eldest (Randy) said he was out hunting so that he’d initially missed the calls when Alex was trying to reach him. Alex subsequently tried Randy’s wife’s phone and by then Randy had arrived home to take the call. I don’t remember the other uncle (John Marvin) saying where he was, but he also received a call.

Randy also mentioned that Alex was too distraught to call his eldest son, Buster, who lives in Rose Hill, so Randy made that call to inform Buster that his younger brother, Paul, and his mother had been found shot to death.

Edit: I am trying to find that original video, but can only find a shorter 4 minute version. If anyone knows where the longer video can be found, a link would be much appreciated.

Last edited:
Could you be more specific? Paul’s brother, or one of the father’s brothers?

When Alex Murdaugh’s two brothers (paternal uncles to Paul) appeared on Good Morning America, the eldest (Randy) said he was out hunting so that he’d initially missed the calls when Alex was trying to reach him. Alex subsequently tried Randy’s wife’s phone and by then Randy had arrived home to take the call. I don’t remember the other uncle (John Marvin) saying where he was, but he also received a call.

Randy also mentioned that Alex was too distraught to call his eldest son, Buster, who lives in Rose Hill, so Randy made that call to inform Buster that his younger brother, Paul, and his mother had been found shot to death.
Sorry, was referring to Paul’s brother.

Now that’s a very interesting thought. And if he was considering giving someone else up for an earlier crime…in order to save himself…that’s certainly a motive to silence him.

We have a double homicide preceded by two other incidents, one of which a victim of the homicide was being charged and during the homicide investigation evidence turns up in the other incident which I feel like wasn't buried very deep but was probably already at or near the surface and thats why LE seems to have found it so quickly and easily.
Its possible, and these are only a few things we are aware of. Who knows what else there could be? Its possible that PM was about to rollover on someone. JMO.

Does anyone know where the brother was during the murders? TIA

Something that I hadn’t thought of until I read these last few comments is that if PM’s brother was involved in the killing of SS, he probably wasn’t alone. I guess he could have did it all by himself, did it with some of his teammates on the way back from a base ball game, or maybe not even been present but knew who did kill SS. He could have confided in his brother. And PM could have been going to use that to get a lesser sentence. But, unfortunately, I seriously doubt PM was facing a really long prison sentence for the BUI that caused the death of MB anyway. He probably would have got close to the minimum sentence. To me, that wouldn’t be worth throwing your brother under the bus for a murder. But, who knows, PM could have been maturing and trying to start doing the right thing. Or he couId have been about to turn someone else in for the murder of SS. Or he couId have been cold hearted and just put for himself. I don’t know. I like to make everything into a conspiracy.

Attachments

• D0E02A0D-CD77-48B3-8204-5A637C515223.jpeg
    D0E02A0D-CD77-48B3-8204-5A637C515223.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 36
About the only thing that I’ve figured out after obsessing over this case for the past 3 weeks constantly looking at pictures of the this family from Facebook is that I need to get out and do way more outdoors stuff with my children. All those pictures of them hunting and fishing together makes me kind of envious. Lol. I know you can’t go on what someone puts on Facebook, but it looks like they were very active in their children’s life. Maggie looks like a super sweet person that loves her family and her dogs. PM was obviously a spoiled brat and a horrible person that needed lots of counseling and help. But how common is that? Especially in rich families that can afford to have court side seats at their alma mater college and have boats and houses working out of their ears. It could be true that him or his brother was involved in the killing of SS. But it could also just be a rumor spread by someone that didn’t like them. I believe SS’s mother that the investigation into his death was pure bull crap, but cops that are too busy and overworked or just plain incompetent are way more common than plots to cover things up that would take multiple people to pull it off (medical examiners, detectives, etc).

I’d say they kept a shotgun in one of the buildings or the hunting lodge. Here in Kentucky I know several people that do that. They lock it up in a room that locks in their barn. It won’t be your prize shotgun, just something you could use if you encounter a poisonous snake or a drugged up redneck while you’re down there working on something. Especially if you’re not the type to carry a pistol on your person and the barn is a pretty good distance from your house. They also could have kept a few guns in the hunting lodge all the time for all I know. Or PM couId have brought a shotgun from the house to see why the dogs were going crazy barking. He could have hesitated shooting someone and then had the gun taken away and used on him. Maggie couId have heard that and did the same thing with a rifle. She could have panicked and ran from the house toward the out buildings instead of calling 911 first like she should have.

When you hear hoofs, think horses, not zebra. I think someone knew the family well enough to know that the patriarch was super sick and headed to the hospital. That person could have thought that Maggie would be going to the hospital too and Paul was in Columbia or at the hospital too. So it was their opportunity to go there and steal stuff or to get something that they thought was rightfully theirs (??? fired care taker, meth head, an unsavory associate that knew what all they had out in those buildings).

I can’t think of a good explanation as to why SLED would say there was no threat to the public. Maybe they already have arrested one or more of the perpetrators under different charges and have them in a jail that we haven’t thought to search online yet. Maybe both the guns that were used were the Murdaugh’s and they were left at the scene, so SLED thinks that they are unarmed now.

In reference to, no threat to public.

Makes me think they know more then we do.

In reference to MM’s happy life on SM.

I deleted fb after finding out that a dad & daughters that looked so happy in pic were being abused by him. He’s a lifer now. Happy to say.

Hmmmm…RM out shooting that time of night?

Do people really go out shooting after nightfall? I think it would be too dangerous - especially as one could trip on the ground as it's dark.

8:31 p.m.
Monday, June 7, 2021 (EDT)
Sunset in Hampton, SC, USA

So, since Alex's phone call was to 911 occurred at 10:07 p.m, it would have been over an hour and a half since sunset.

Then as per RM's statement on the Good Morning America show, he said that he was out shooting when Alex called him.

Maybe avid hunters go out shooting late at night because they have floodlights? Could be a certain area on his property that was well lit for practicing shooting?

I just think (without knowledge of guns) that it would be far too dangerous to go shooting at night time. Also, if a person was by themselves, it would add to the danger of accidents happening (tripping, shooting someone by accident).

Is it usual for people who are avid shooters to do this? In my opinion, we do see flukey accidents and people hurting themselves out in the dark, regardless of what they are doing.

JMO

Sunrise and sunset times in Hampton, South Carolina - June 2021

Do people really go out shooting after nightfall? I think it would be too dangerous - especially as one could trip on the ground as it's dark.

8:31 p.m.
Monday, June 7, 2021 (EDT)
Sunset in Hampton, SC, USA

So, since Alex's phone call was to 911 occurred at 10:07 p.m, it would have been over an hour and a half since sunset.

Then as per RM's statement on the Good Morning America show, he said that he was out shooting when Alex called him.

Maybe avid hunters go out shooting late at night because they have floodlights?

I just think (without knowledge of guns) that it would be far too dangerous to go shooting at night time. Also, if a person was by themselves, it would add to the danger of accidents happening (tripping, shooting someone by accident).

Unless there were floodlights or something? Maybe they practice shooting in a certain area?

Is it usual for people who are avid shooters to do this? In my opinion, we do see flukey accidents and people hurting themselves out in the dark, regardless of what they are doing.

JMO

Some shooting ranges do have illumination (and there are indoor shooting ranges, although probably not one of those near the (very rural) community of Islandton).....I used to work at one, and it was always packed at closing time; we had to shoo people out.

When I lived in the Pee Dee region of SC, I was in a gun club, and we would meet in the evenings once a month to shoot skeet. After the shooting was over, and the guns were put away, we'd grill steaks and drink beer; we didn't leave the range until 10PM or later. IF AM was actually out shooting that evening, he might have been at a skeet or sporting clays facility, enjoying a steak and a few beers with his shooting buddies.

Night
Night is defined as that period of time between one hour after official sunset of a day and one hour before official sunrise of the following day (50-11-710).

General Rules & Regulations - South Carolina Hunting | eRegulations

Night Hunting
Night hunting is unlawful except that raccoons, opossums, foxes, mink, skunk, coyotes, armadillos and hogs may be hunted at night. Information related to hunting coyotes, armadillos and feral hogs during night is provided on Feral Hog, Coyote & Armadillo Regulations of this document under specific headings for these animals.

I want to know why the 911 call hasn't been released as it should have been.

Great question @sunshineray! One we've been waiting to hear answered.

The Post and Courier have requested that the 911 call be released, along with other information that the public has the right to see.

As of today, no judge has been assigned yet to this.
https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Co...118077795565657889995547531008670796671817385

As per the Post and Courier's COMPLAINT Freedom of Information of Information Act Suit for Declaratory Judgment and Injunctive Relief (Non-Jury) :

The Post and Courier sues SLED, Colleton County for public records in Murdaugh murder case

Excerpt from document:

"31. To date, neither Defendant has provided the recordings of the 911 call or calls to any of the Plaintiffs. Instead, Defendant SLED issued a news release on June 15, 2021, generally denying immediate access to the media and the public to the recordings of the 911 call(s)."

"32. Plaintiffs seek access to the CCSO Reports, the SLED Reports and the recordings of the 911 call(s) (collectively, the “Public Records”) in order to help the general public, as reflected in the readership of The Post and Courier, be more aware of the circumstances of the deaths of Paul and Margaret Murdaugh. No one has been arrested yet. If the Murdaughs were murdered, the public may be in danger from the killer or killers."

Something that has puzzled me: within a very short peri0d of time, LE found something at the crime scene that caused them to reopen the SS case. That’s pretty remarkable, since they were on the scene of a double homicide of two members of a very powerful family and for years, had shown very little interest in the SS case.

That brings me to T-Rex’s very compelling observation…had PM given some information about that case previously in hopes of a plea deal to LE? Had he claimed to have evidence?

I don’t think it could be about his brother. I doubt th8s family would allow him to trade off his jail sentence for a drunken boating accident and give up his brother for a brutal murder that was all but forgotten.

But arranging a deal in order to provide evidence and testimony against a non-family member? Yes, in my opinion, they might have been desperate enough for PM to avoid a long jail sentence to do that.

In a small town, among young people…particularly those who drink and party hard, secrets are hard to keep. Some person and/or persons who’d escaped punishment for years would not want to be sacrificed for their rich friend who’d run out of other options. But PM might have had preliminary conversations. Maybe LE knew to look for something at the Lodge.

Night
Night is defined as that period of time between one hour after official sunset of a day and one hour before official sunrise of the following day (50-11-710).

General Rules & Regulations - South Carolina Hunting | eRegulations

Night Hunting
Night hunting is unlawful except that raccoons, opossums, foxes, mink, skunk, coyotes, armadillos and hogs may be hunted at night. Information related to hunting coyotes, armadillos and feral hogs during night is provided on Feral Hog, Coyote & Armadillo Regulations of this document under specific headings for these animals.
They do a lot of racoon hunting at night in that area, and if they had hunting dogs, good chance some were racoon dogs in the kennel.

This has stuck with me.

Why? What were they looking for.

Did the perp/s enter/leave property by that route?

SLED divers search river near Murdaugh property in double-homicide investigation | WSAV-TV

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCBD) – Law enforcement officials on Wednesday confirmed that South Carolina Law Enforcement Division (SLED) divers have been searching the Salkehatchie River near the property where members of the Murdaugh family were found shot to death last Monday.

That brings me to T-Rex’s very compelling observation…had PM given some information about that case previously in hopes of a plea deal to LE? Had he claimed to have evidence?

Snipped by me -

IMO, I don't think PM was going to do much time at all given his name is Murdaugh. Convicting him would have required a trial in which someone placed him at the wheel of the boat at the time of the crash and a jury of local citizens to convict, all of them knowing how much power the Murdaughs wield.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member