SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a Daily Mail article with loads of pics and a new name I hadn't seen before.
Cops investigating Stephen Smith's death questioned his ties to Buster Murdaugh, docs reveal | Daily Mail Online
IMO, with respect to the Murdaugh double-homicide, there is a seemingly long list of people who might have the potential for motive given past events involving serious injury or death; however, it seems to me that the attempt at spoilage of evidence at PM's college apartment changes things.

That door was left standing open and a property manager reported it to police on July 8, a day after the bodies of PM and MM were discovered. Those who'd have motive and means to do that are a much smaller list as they'd have to: (1) know about PM's college apartment and where it was, (2) have means to gain access without raising alarms or suspicion when doing so, and (3) have reason to suspect there might be evidence there they wanted to spoil (by making custody indeterminable).

The fact that the apartment was not just accessed after PM's death (to remove evidence a person knows to be there), but it was accessed AND the door was left standing open (to spoil evidence a person thinks could possibly be there), IMO points to someone who is making sure their bases are covered to the extent they can. They are introducing "doubt" about any evidence that might be subsequently recovered there.

That seems a fairly intelligent and calculating thought process, so your average dummy wouldn't have developed that plan. It's a risky move, accessing a victim's apartment with a serious murder investigation underway, so involved someone comfortable with taking such a risk or in a position to use others to do so.

I suppose it is possible the double homicide by two separate weapons and the "spoilage of evidence by leaving door left open 2-1/2 hours away" were executed by entirely different parties. But, IMO it is highly improbable. So, while they will conduct their due diligence to legitimately and reasonably exclude some potentially motivated parties from suspicion, I fully expect that the apartment invasion will serve to help LE narrow the list of prospective suspects considerably and soon.

BBM - Why don't these people proofread? Last time that I checked there were only 30 days in September...

JMO.
I don’t know if we are allowed to quote their facebooks, but AM sucks at grammar. What supposed big time lawyer doesn’t know the how to use “accept” and “except” correctly. Maybe I’m a grammar nazi.

BBM - Why don't these people proofread? Last time that I checked there were only 30 days in September...

JMO.
I don’t know if we are allowed to quote their facebooks, but AM sucks at grammar. What supposed big time lawyer doesn’t know the how to use “accept” and “except” correctly. Maybe I’m a grammar nazi.

IMO, with respect to the Murdaugh double-homicide, there is a seemingly long list of people who might have the potential for motive given past events involving serious injury or death; however, it seems to me that the attempt at spoilage of evidence at PM's college apartment changes things.

That door was left standing open and a property manager reported it to police on July 8, a day after the bodies of PM and MM were discovered. Those who'd have motive and means to do that are a much smaller list as they'd have to: (1) know about PM's college apartment and where it was, (2) have means to gain access without raising alarms or suspicion when doing so, and (3) have reason to suspect there might be evidence there they wanted to spoil (by making custody indeterminable).

The fact that the apartment was not just accessed after PM's death (to remove evidence a person knows to be there), but it was accessed AND the door was left standing open (to spoil evidence a person thinks could possibly be there), IMO points to someone who is making sure their bases are covered to the extent they can. They are introducing "doubt" about any evidence that might be subsequently recovered there.

That seems a fairly intelligent and calculating thought process, so your average dummy wouldn't have developed that plan. It's a risky move, accessing a victim's apartment with a serious murder investigation underway, so involved someone comfortable with taking such a risk or in a position to use others to do so.

I suppose it is possible the double homicide by two separate weapons and the "spoilage of evidence by leaving door left open 2-1/2 hours away" were executed by entirely different parties. But, IMO it is highly improbable. So, while they will conduct their due diligence to legitimately and reasonably exclude some potentially motivated parties from suspicion, I fully expect that the apartment invasion will serve to help LE narrow the list of prospective suspects considerably and soon.
I'm at least hopeful that the apartment complex and parking lots will have security cameras. It's right across from the University in a well traveled area, so I think there's a good chance of obtaining surveillance footage from there.

I'm still on the fence about the apartment being related unless the killer(s) went there first looking for PM.

Snipped and BBM -

Of course, there could also be an innocent explanation for why PM's apartment door was open. His roommate could have left it open or a maintenance worker could have done so.

Originally I was thinking that maybe LE found something on PM's computer linking him to SS murder after they seized it. But then I'm thinking that would have taken police too long to break into the computer. Which is why I think LE found something on or by the bodies of PM and his Mom that alerted them to SS's case.

I'm at least hopeful that the apartment complex and parking lots will have security cameras. It's right across from the University in a well traveled area, so I think there's a good chance of obtaining surveillance footage from there.

I'm still on the fence about the apartment being related unless the killer(s) went there first looking for PM.
But, if that were the case, why leave the door open and thus communicate the message someone may be looking for him? Manager or friend sees door standing open, calls PM on his cell and PM then knows something suspicious is going on. If someone went there looking for him, failed to find him there, and continued looking at other places he might be, I'd think they'd close the door when leaving.

That open door spells "evidence spoilage" to me.

ETA: Not that all evidence inside would actually be spoiled. For instance, people tend to secure their computers and computer files with passwords and access codes, so those were protected beyond the need for a locked physical door. Computer files, communications, and internet searches on his computer would all be time-stamped and if they were last accessed prior to the invasion of the apartment, they'd not be spoiled as evidence. Same with anything protected by a physical lock (a safe, padlocked footlocker, etc).

Originally I was thinking that maybe LE found something on PM's computer linking him to SS murder after they seized it. But then I'm thinking that would have taken police too long to break into the computer. Which is why I think LE found something on or by the bodies of PM and his Mom that alerted them to SS's case.
I actually think this came from interviews with people close to Paul and the family. Talk to enough people, you’re sure to hear things. Perhaps something like:

“Well I did hear him talk about killing that kid, but I thought he was just acting tough.”

Murdaugh mystery deepens as murder cold case with ties to family reopens

Some new details in this article. This is a strange comment from a friend of MM. “dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage.”

Dragged from where? The main house? Her car?

“She is the victim, having lost her son, being part of the slaughter at the farm, and [having] her world turned upside down,” one woman who claimed to know Maggie told The Post. “Have [people] ever thought of the terror she faced that night being dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage?”

The woman said it is impossible to “understand Southern women” if you are from the North.

“The silent grieving will soon end and there will be an eruption like Mt. Vesuvius … mark my words,” she added.

I’m really curious about this comment from the family friend. Did these murders begin with a confrontation at the kennel between PM and the killers?

Could they have picked him up at his apartment and forced him to come back to the lodge, looking for something or demanding money? Or just to see him punished?

And then forced MM out of the main house…in the dark…down to the kennels to watch her son executed?

And here’s a far out crazy thought? Did they force him to produce that new piece of evidence, kill him and his Mother and then leave that evidence there to be found by LE …so the case would be opened?

Just my wild imagination at work.

Last edited:

Some new details in this article. This is a strange comment from a friend of MM. “dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage.”

“She is the victim, having lost her son, being part of the slaughter at the farm, and [having] her world turned upside down,” one woman who claimed to know Maggie told The Post. “Have [people] ever thought of the terror she faced that night being dragged through the dark to the dog kennels to see the carnage?”

The woman said it is impossible to “understand Southern women” if you are from the North.

“The silent grieving will soon end and there will be an eruption like Mt. Vesuvius … mark my words,” she added.

Wow

Drug from the road where her phone was found.?

So this woman is friends with MM and lives there so she must have been told this by the Murdaughs?

So this woman is friends with MM and lives there so she must have been told this by the Murdaughs?

Well, who knows if it’s legit. But with a complete blackout of official information, we are left to ponder these snippets of supposed information leaked to the press.

If it’s true, and she was forced to the scene, it does suggest a number of different possible scenarios.First one I think of…she didn’t need to be killed, because she wasn’t at the scene. So her killing was deliberate and not just wrong place, wrong time.

Hello group! It’s been a while since I have followed a case on WS. Once I heard this headline, I knew the folks on WS would be sleuthing for sure. Glad I popped in and now remember how I missed the intelligent discussion and banter!

If this is true it really changes things.I always figured she just happened to be there and was killed because she was a witness.But it seems they wanted her dead just as much as Paul.It was pure torture to have to either witness her son's murder or see his dead body.This person/persons really wanted to make her suffer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shablee