SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
One of them did say there was a piece of his shirt...then talked about the micro flecks of that paint and the possiblity that color matched an, IIRC, off road type vehicle of someone in the Murdaugh family. It was said in the section where they were discussing SS.
The section of what video or article? Thanks

Yes I know that’s what was reported but if he had been accused of embezzling/misappropriating funds, one would think the wording would be that the law firm then fired him (or at least suspended him until a forensic accountant did their analysis). I place more emphasis on the wording that he RESIGNED. Whether he initiated it or some other event brought it to light, he pretty much admitted it for a quick get away.
In the situation described in my previous post, AM’s termination was, no doubt, a constructive firing. In professional firms (e.g., law firms, accounting firms, medical practices, etc.), it is often opted, as a professional courtesy (even if not deserved), to allow a person to resign in the face of being otherwise fired. One way, or another (i.e., fired, suspended, or resigned), he was likely going to be walked out of that building after that meeting.

Him resigning in those circumstances does not indicate an admission of guilt or that he wanted to “get out of Dodge” so to speak. I think he had no choice but to “resign.”

All MOO.

Last edited:
He said that he went to visit his mother after being at the hospital. He didn't indicate exactly when he left the hospital. It could have been at 7:00 for all we know.

The time interval that matters is from 9:00 PM to 9:30 PM to 10:07 PM, as that is when the murders occurred and were reported. I have not considered, nor mentioned, any time interval except for that time interval.

I do believe that Alex drove his father to the hospital and that he visited his mother prior to discovering the murders around 10 PM.

This does not necessarily exclude Alex as a suspect. It is possible that a suspect could drive from the hospital at 9 PM, to Moselle, to visit his mother, and back to Moselle between 9 PM and 10:07 PM.

upload_2021-9-14_11-17-34.png

The time interval that matters is from 9:00 PM to 9:30 PM to 10:07 PM, as that is when the murders occurred and were reported. I have not considered, nor mentioned, any time interval except for that time interval.

I do believe that Alex drove his father to the hospital and that he visited his mother prior to discovering the murders around 10 PM.

This does not necessarily exclude Alex as a suspect. It is possible that a suspect could drive from the hospital at 9 PM, to Moselle, to visit his mother, and back to Moselle between 9 PM and 10:07 PM.

View attachment 312498

The timeline is also to be noted for Randy to have made the claim right out the gate for the iron clad alibi. It has to be registered somewhere provable in the case of a trial.

The timeline is also to be noted for Randy to have made the claim right out the gate for the iron clad alibi. It has to be registered somewhere provable in the case of a trial.

I would expect that the hospital has CCTV in the parkade and building entrances. That would give a timeline for Alex leaving the hospital. The timeline for visiting his mother is, in my opinion, the fuzzy area. Did he stop in for a minute, or for 30 minutes? That uncertainty allows for driving to Moselle and back to visit his mother prior to discovering the bodies. I wonder whether there is CCTV along the route between Varnville and Moselle.

There's also the question of GPS on the vehicle. One possible scenario is that he drove from the hospital to visit his mother, borrowed his parents' vehicle, drove to Moselle, returned to his mother, and then drove his vehicle to Moselle to discover the bodies at 10:07 PM.

What about MM’s cell phone found on the side of the road? How did it get there? Are we thinking AM hid it when the cops came to the scene of the crime and then threw it out on the side of the road later?

I'm curious about that too. Did the shooter intend to take both cell phones from the scene? Was there an altercation where Margaret's cell phone was taken from her and tossed to prevent her from using it? Did the shooter look for the phone after the murders, but it was impossible to find in the dark? Did the shooter take the phones and accidentally drop one while getting back in the car after the murders?

I'm curious about that too. Did the shooter intend to take both cell phones from the scene? Was there an altercation where Margaret's cell phone was taken from her and tossed to prevent her from using it? Did the shooter look for the phone after the murders, but it was impossible to find in the dark? Did the shooter take the phones and accidentally drop one while getting back in the car after the murders?
Could be that Margaret's phone was in her hand when she was shot and she dropped it right there, whereas Paul's may not have been visible -- in his pocket, car or the house -- and shooter did not want to look or rummage. Or Paul's appearance was so unexpected that the shooter just hightailed it after Paul was shot. JMO.

In General Terms, Has anyone spoken of the guns , how many, what kind, are registered to the Murdaugh Family ?

“It is not immediately clear whether the weapons used in the murders have been recovered by law enforcement, although sources familiar with the inquiry have told me at least one of the weapons used in the double homicide belonged to the Murdaugh family.”

I’ve seen a lot of people interpreting this as only one of the weapons belonged to the Murdaughs; however, that’s not actually what was reported. We don’t know if it was one or both guns.

Murdaugh Murders: Does Prosecutor’s Recusal Shed Light On Direction Of Investigation?

Could be that Margaret's phone was in her hand when she was shot and she dropped it right there, whereas Paul's may not have been visible -- in his pocket, car or the house -- and shooter did not want to look or rummage. Or Paul's appearance was so unexpected that the shooter just hightailed it after Paul was shot. JMO.

Good point. Whoever killed MM used a weapon that’s efficient but not personal. Wanted to get it done quickly and get out of there pronto. Didn’t have heart to shoot head/face. MM might have still been barely alive when he left so he didn’t want to risk her “coming to” and calling for help. Took phone then ditched it out the car window ASAP.

Contrast that with a shotgun to the body and face. Either very angry at the known victim OR didn’t know it was him and could’ve been a mistake, but whoever the shooter thought he was shooting at, he really wanted to make sure the person died there for sure.

Good point. Whoever killed MM used a weapon that’s efficient but not personal. Wanted to get it done quickly and get out of there pronto. Didn’t have heart to shoot head/face. MM might have still been barely alive when he left so he didn’t want to risk her “coming to” and calling for help. Took phone then ditched it out the car window ASAP.

Contrast that with a shotgun to the body and face. Either very angry at the known victim OR didn’t know it was him and could’ve been a mistake, but whoever the shooter thought he was shooting at, he really wanted to make sure the person died there for sure.

Remember both victims were shot at close range, “execution style.” I don’t think identity was in question. MOO

In the situation described in my previous post, AM’s termination was, no doubt, a constructive firing. In professional firms (e.g., law firms, accounting firms, medical practices, etc.), it is often opted, as a professional courtesy (even if not deserved), to allow a person to resign in the face of being otherwise fired. One way, or another (i.e., fired, suspended, or resigned), he was likely going to be walked out of that building after that meeting.

Him resigning in those circumstances does not indicate an admission of guilt or that he wanted to “get out of Dodge” so to speak. I think he had no choice but to “resign.”

All MOO.
Personally I think AM resigning and then releasing that statement of shame for what he'd done to people, with "colleagues" included, is an admission of professionsl wrongdoing. It would be a no-brainer that the public reading that would then take it as an admission of guilt of the embezzlement accusation. AJMO

After some inquiries I have found that if AM we’re in a medium to upscale rehab it’s not unusual to have several Psychiatrists and Counselors on your rehab team. They can deem it psychologically harmful for a patient to deal with some outside areas such as law enforcement and things they say will contribute to the patient not being able to participate in rehab due to mental issues. I’m sure AM is in an upscale rehab if this is truly where he’s at. MOO his lawyers will milk the situation for all its worth.

Remember both victims were shot at close range, “execution style.” I don’t think identity was in question. MOO
I've thought about PM's wounds a lot. A shotgun blast to the chest area and then a second through his arm into his head.

The chest would would have the victim and the shooter face to face probably both standing.

The wound through an arm into the head sounds like the victim was either raising his arm in fear of the weapon or possibly turning to run away.

If he was turning to run than did the chest would come after he was shot down from the head wound, so over kill in that way?

Or did the chest wound knock him off his feet and then he raised his arm while prone on the ground when the gun was pointed at his head, because he was still alive from the chest shot?

The killer's psychology behind how those two wounds occured, the order and if it was rage related or not, is what interests me most. Anyone with more knowledge of such things have any thoughts about all that?

I would be interested to know which side of the road the phone was on. That would tell whether it was the driver or the passenger who threw it.

Ok, good point.

If identity wasn’t in question, what are some
scenarios that are still viable?

1. Inside job, hit was on MM, PM was collateral damage;
a. Target MM for pending possible divorce/affair?/she’s asking too many questions/I want out…
b. Family/Firm doesn’t like that she’s involving a forensic accountant blowing open potentially problematic issues that the firm had reasons to keep quiet about
2. Inside job, hit was on both of them, more than 1 killer, 2 different guns;
a. All/Some of the above plus PM is becoming too much of a liability, costing too much, and these 2 are going to tarnish my/the family’s/the firm’s good name;
b. Worried about PM’s future, this kid’s going to get into bigger trouble in the future, MM will never be able to recover if PM got hurt/killed (the distorted way a lot of murder/suicide people think)
3. Target PM, MM collateral damage:
a. Revenge
i. Boating accident related - victim’s family revenge or fear of having responsibility wrongfully pinned on them and feeling powerless;
ii. Revenge for SS - but why now?
iii. Another disgruntled former employee/client/someone who’s been wronged by the family.​
b. Silencing: If PM was part of SS death, someone who was also part of it didn’t want to risk having it come out as part of plea deal in PM’s pending criminal suit.​

4. Random crime unrelated to any previous incident or person

Any other?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members