SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh Murders: Housekeeper’s Family Says They Never Got Any Money In Death Settlement

Eric Bland, an attorney representing Satterfield’s sons Brian Harriott and Tony Satterfield, told FITSNews he sent a notice of representation to attorney Cory Fleming last week to get “truth and answers” for his clients.

Fleming — a long-time friend of Alex Murdaugh — represented Satterfield’s family in the 2018 death settlement.

“We’re not saying that anything has been done wrong,” Bland told FITSNews. “We just need answers for these two boys — one of them who has special needs — and the answers should be very clear.”

What?

Murdaugh Murders: Housekeeper’s Family Says They Never Got Any Money In Death Settlement

Eric Bland, an attorney representing Satterfield’s sons Brian Harriott and Tony Satterfield, told FITSNews he sent a notice of representation to attorney Cory Fleming last week to get “truth and answers” for his clients.

Fleming — a long-time friend of Alex Murdaugh — represented Satterfield’s family in the 2018 death settlement.

“We’re not saying that anything has been done wrong,” Bland told FITSNews. “We just need answers for these two boys — one of them who has special needs — and the answers should be very clear.”

In the notice, Bland asked Fleming several questions that he says should have been answered immediately. He also demanded records to answer the following questions:

• How were the attorney fees paid?
  • How was distribution of the settlement funds paid?
  • Why did the case settle for this amount?

• <snip>
“I will not stop until these kids get every answer that they’re entitled to and every dollar that they should have gotten … as a result of their mother’s death,” Bland said.

In 2018, Murdaugh’s insurance provider paid $500,000 for personal liability in the wrongful death and $5,000 for medical payments stemming from the incident, according to court documents.

Brian Harriott and Tony Satterfield were the only beneficiaries listed in the settlement.

Fleming’s law firm – where Alex Murdaugh previously worked – received $177,500 of the total sum from Murdaugh’s insurance company, according to the settlement.

Bland said the family was told Satterfield tripped on the steps at the Murdaugh’s former home on Holly Street in Hampton, S.C. They were told the Murdaugh’s dogs caused her to trip – causing a fall which resulted in her sustaining a traumatic brain injury.

It is not known if any member of the Murdaugh family called 911 after the incident – nor is it clear how Satterfield was transported to the hospital, where she stayed for several weeks. Satterfield died on February 26, 2018.

Bland told FITNews Satterfield was the Murdaugh’s housekeeper and nanny for around twenty-five years.

“With that amount of time, you become part of the family,” Bland said. “She helped raise their children. And it would seem to me that Mr. (Alex) Murdaugh would want her and her children to be done right.”

****ETA: Sorry I keep having to edit this article down, guys. I don't want to break the 10 percent rule. I think it's ok now.

Last edited:

Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

BREAKING: The sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died in 2018 following a “trip and fall” incident at the Murdaugh's home — say they have received no money from the $500K settlement they reached with Alex Murdaugh in 2018

Everyday is another jaw dropping revelation!! This one did stun me, I really thought that her family got their money. Those poor people.

Now, I'm left wondering if Gloria's family has been scared to mention the case in public all these years, due to feeling "threatened" or something.

Everything I've read has claimed that since the Murdaugh's were mentioned in her obituary, everything was on the up and up.

I see now that is untrue.

Me too. I now do believe that Alex killed his wife and his child or had them killed. If he'll steal from the grieved family of a nanny that loved his children and took care of his family for over 20 years, he'll do anything. Damn!
Of all the things I've heard, this bothers me the most. I don't know what happened, but if there was any wrongdoing with the settlement it's just on beyond -- how dare anyone? Seriously. JMO.

Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

BREAKING: The sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died in 2018 following a “trip and fall” incident at the Murdaugh's home — say they have received no money from the $500K settlement they reached with Alex Murdaugh in 2018

Wouldn't this be paid out by the insurance company directly to the beneficiaries? Shaking my head in utter confusion....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
omnia