SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't this be paid out by the insurance company directly to the beneficiaries? Shaking my head in utter confusion....
No, I don't think so. I think when a legal claim is settled, the insurance company that is covering the defendant usually sends the settlement money to the plaintiff's lawyer, who then divides the money up -- attorneys fees, case costs, and the plaintiff's share. JMO.

Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

BREAKING: The sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died in 2018 following a “trip and fall” incident at the Murdaugh's home — say they have received no money from the $500K settlement they reached with Alex Murdaugh in 2018

Whaaaat!? I bet the hundred some odd thousand that was reportedly taken out for attorney's fees was paid though.

How could that happen? Was her family too afraid to push the matter?

I agree with several of you. This makes me sick for these two boys especially the disabled one. That whole law firm in MOO needs to be checked out and all the past years client payouts checked rigorously. I have a high doubt this firm could allow all that money to be embezzled and no one notice a thing for years. MOO

I agree with several of you. This makes me sick for these two boys especially the disabled one. That whole law firm in MOO needs to be checked out and all the past years client payouts checked rigorously. I have a high doubt this firm could allow all that money to be embezzled and no one notice a thing for years. MOO
This insurance payout involved a different law firm, not PMPED. And I believe, IIRC, this was the same lawyer/firm who was representing Conor Cook at one point.

Well, the missing money certainly need to be accounted for.

The attorney-of-record, Cory Fleming needs to be the first person questioned.

Then any and all clients that AM ever represented, or any clients that he ever sent to his buddy Corey need to have their accounts reviewed.

As I recall, Cory Fleming is the attorney that AM recommended to the injured Connor Cook who was on the boat the night of the fatal boat accident. From Connor's statements, AM tried to say that Connor was driving, not Paul.

Wouldn't this be paid out by the insurance company directly to the beneficiaries? Shaking my head in utter confusion....
No, not necessarily. I know my Dad's firm got settlement monies from the insurance companies first. Then the firm had to take out their percentage and any outstanding liens, or medical costs or separate trial expenses, etc, before sending the remainder to the family.

So this is when these monies would be most vulnerable. I would think that AM would had to have some accomplices because I don't see how he could have withdrawn large amounts on his own.

The settlement money for this nanny would have gone to the attorney representing the family. Which was AM's childhood buddy? Hmmm....

Why hasn't AM been arrested yet?! Good grief! Surely they have enough on him at this point to get him behind bars after years of fraudulent behavior, in addition to anything else they've yet to nail down.

Something is seriously wrong in this family...and beyond. It's time for the truth.

Last edited:

Mandy Matney

@MandyMatney

BREAKING: The sons of former Murdaugh family housekeeper Gloria Satterfield — who died in 2018 following a “trip and fall” incident at the Murdaugh's home — say they have received no money from the $500K settlement they reached with Alex Murdaugh in 2018

Wow the person named as "personal representative of the [Gloria Satterfield] estate is the president of a bank. Is that a normal thing?

Murdaugh Murders: Housekeeper’s Family Says They Never Got Any Money In Death Settlement

At the employer of the nanny, AM couldn't very well represent her against his own homeowner's insurance.

So sending her suit to his good ol' buddy Fleming might just garner him some of that missing $322,500.

Conspiracy to commit fraud and embezzlement?

And Flemimg would still get to keep his $177,500 for what is probably less than 10 hours of work

No, I don't think so. I think when a legal claim is settled, the insurance company that is covering the defendant usually sends the settlement money to the plaintiff's lawyer, who then divides the money up -- attorneys fees, case costs, and the plaintiff's share. JMO.

No, not necessarily. I know my Dad's firm got settlement monies from the insurance companies first. Then the firm had to take out their percentage and any outstanding liens, or medical costs or separate trial expenses, etc, before sending the remainder to the family.

So this is when these monies would be most vulnerable. I would think that AM would had to have some accomplices because I don't see how he could have withdrawn large amounts on his own.

The settlement money for this nanny would have gone to the attorney representing the family. Which was AM's childhood buddy? Hmmm....

Thanks to you both for the explanation.

I know…that was why I posted it and asked for opinions. I thought I must be hearing it wrong…I know LE redacted obvious parts of the conversation like when Alex tells the dispatcher he is getting a gun for protection and then later when the dispatcher tells him to put his gun down when the police arrive…but I thought perhaps because it is so difficult to hear with the dispatcher talking over him, maybe they hadn’t realized what he was saying.
You could well be right and it is difficult to hear anything with the background noise and the operator talking over him ( not a sleight on the operator btw as she has a job to do of which part of is extracting critical information to enable a dynamic risk assessment be made ), but I just wouldn’t have thought that they would miss such a critical statement such as that because along with all the other circumstantial evidence gleaned to date and the finger of suspicion hovering above AM, I just wouldn’t expect this to be missed and accidentally included on what is a heavily redacted 911 call. But hey, mistakes can be made and stranger things have happened and it will be all kudos to you if it transpires that you are right! Again, with all respect to your opinion x

Murdaugh Murders: Housekeeper’s Family Says They Never Got Any Money In Death Settlement

Eric Bland, an attorney representing Satterfield’s sons Brian Harriott and Tony Satterfield, told FITSNews he sent a notice of representation to attorney Cory Fleming last week to get “truth and answers” for his clients.

Fleming — a long-time friend of Alex Murdaugh — represented Satterfield’s family in the 2018 death settlement.

“We’re not saying that anything has been done wrong,” Bland told FITSNews. “We just need answers for these two boys — one of them who has special needs — and the answers should be very clear.”

What?

The Satterfield family had to get a NEW lawyer to question THEIR OWN original lawyer about where their money is?! What the....

The settlement was in 2018. It does not take three years for a payment to be made.

Would love to know if there have been previous attempts by the S family via attorneys to get answers (aka their money) or if only now after it's hitting the fan do they feel able to?

Correct his friend and attorney referral. That’s why it was an ethical conflict in Glorias case with 2 mutual friends. It appears neither were fighting for her.

Coreys firm site was down yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member