SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #6

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wouldn't this be paid out by the insurance company directly to the beneficiaries? Shaking my head in utter confusion....
I listened to a podcast recently on this subject and the personal injury attorney said that the insurance companies pay the law firm the lump sum of the settlement and then the law firm distributes the funds. They (law firm) pay any bills (medical expenses, etc.) first and then they pay themselves (attorney fees for representation) and then the beneficiary of the case. So the law firm that handled this case should have given a check to the family directly after the case was resolved. My question is why wasn’t this brought up sooner. If I was supposed to be getting a check for 500k in 2018 and never received it I would be filling charges against the law firm that was supposed to distribute the funds to me.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: First Arrest Made
An arrest has been made in connection with the mysterious September 4, 2021 shooting of prominent South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh, multiple sources in the Palmetto Lowcountry confirmed to this news outlet

https://twitter.com/fitsnews/status/1437936737045647362?s=21

An arrest has been made in connection with the mysterious September 4, 2021 shooting of prominent South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh, multiple sources in the Palmetto Lowcountry confirmed to this news outlet on Tuesday evening.

No one at the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) – the agency leading the various investigations into Murdaugh and his associates – was available to comment on the reports late Tuesday. Similarly, no one in the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson – which is expected to prosecute any charges filed in connection with those probes – was available to comment on the reports, either.

The name of the suspect has been provided to this news outlet, however at this point I am declining to publish that information barring an official announcement from law enforcement.

Similarly, sources have provided both myself and news director Mandy Matney with information regarding the nature of the charges filed against this individual – however we are declining to publish such information barring an official announcement from law enforcement.

Our local sources have confirmed the suspect is “known to (Murdaugh),” although they declined to elaborate on the nature of the relationship. They also declined to say whether Murdaugh himself would face any charges in connection with the mysterious shooting, which took place ten days ago on Old Salkehatchie road near Varnville, S.C.

Why would AM introduce trying to commit suicide as a reason for the latest incident, just to debunk it. What is the context? It feels like he was offering information that wouldn't have initially been assumed.

To me this makes the event seem even more suspicious, and even more likely to be a botched suicide, staged after the fact to be a drive-by attack by unknown persons.

After listening to the 911 call snippets, I agree that it does sound like he's admonishing (the now deceased) Paul for getting involved in some way. It might be worth trying to clean up the audio to see if there's any other unguarded comments being made in the background.

Bear in mind that this is only speculation, but now I am leaning towards the theory that AM intended to kill his wife. Perhaps she had found out about the embezzlement and was threatening to go public, or had had enough of his drug addiction, or was threatening a costly divorce and the airing out of the family's dirty laundry.

He uses an assault rifle and perhaps a pretext to get her to come outside. He is not expecting Paul to be there, though. Paul hears the shots and comes running outside to investigate, carrying the shotgun with him. He is shocked to come upon his own father who manages to talk him down and to give him the shotgun. AM turns the shotgun on his son, fearful that the truth might come out if he doesn't kill him too. That would explain him being upset that Paul got involved. An unintended victim, collateral damage.
This is exactly what I think happened.

The name of the suspect has been provided to this news outlet, however at this point I am declining to publish that information barring an official announcement from law enforcement.

Nothing can contain the amount of eye rolling that's going on in my head right now.
If an arrest is made and its public information, why can't these "news reporters" give us the details?

An arrest has been made in connection with the mysterious September 4, 2021 shooting of prominent South Carolina attorney Alex Murdaugh, multiple sources in the Palmetto Lowcountry confirmed to this news outlet on Tuesday evening.

No one at the S.C. State Law Enforcement Division (SLED) – the agency leading the various investigations into Murdaugh and his associates – was available to comment on the reports late Tuesday. Similarly, no one in the office of S.C. attorney general Alan Wilson – which is expected to prosecute any charges filed in connection with those probes – was available to comment on the reports, either.

Similarly, sources have provided both myself and news director Mandy Matney with information regarding the nature of the charges filed against this individual – however we are declining to publish such information barring an official announcement from law enforcement.

Our local sources have confirmed the suspect is “known to (Murdaugh),” although they declined to elaborate on the nature of the relationship. They also declined to say whether Murdaugh himself would face any charges in connection with the mysterious shooting, which took place ten days ago on Old Salkehatchie road near Varnville, S.C.
Omg!!!!

Nothing can contain the amount of eye rolling that's going on in my head right now.
If an arrest is made and its public information, why can't these "reporters" give us the details?
Because they’re being responsible. It would be a disaster to get this wrong, or announce a name before law enforcement wants it out there.

I’m more impressed than anything, although it’s frustrating. I can’t imagine we’re going to be waiting very long (an hour or two).

I don't seen any arrests today in Hampton County. Is this the correct place to look?

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hampton/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

So it’s not a Murdaugh that was arrested? It was someone that a Murdaugh knew though?
That appears to be correct. I figured he hired someone to help him do this, as he’d have to get rid of the gun and avoid gunshot residue.

My dream scenario, is that this is also the person responsible for carrying out the murders.

That appears to be correct. I figured he hired someone to help him do this, as he’d have to get rid of the gun and avoid gunshot residue.

My dream scenario, is that this is also the person responsible for carrying out the murders.

And maybe the accomplice discarded MM’s phone as well…that makes sense to me…

Why does no other outlet whatsoever have this story? I don’t like that.
Fits has scooped everyone time and time again. They had the shooting story almost an hour before any other outlet.

Mandy has followed this family for years, all the way back to her Island Packet days. A lot of sources to call on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deathrowsuperstar