SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #8

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I watched and listened. I think do not think he will serve any prison time for these crimes as he has no ‘record’ per his attorney. I don’t know what kind of a deal he will get but I think he will basically get off. Life is not fair.

I was watching CNN and Fox coverage of the hearing earlier, and I think it was the Fox legal analyst that made the following point:

He’s absolutely going to be charged in at least one other crime (embezzlement), and it’s going to give the prosecution more ammo to either raise the bond amount substantially, or even justify him being held without bond.

Opioid addiction is not a defense to criminal offenses. Alex’s team is trying to make him into a victim, and trying to make it appear that they are in control of this. They are not.

-Susan Williams, former SC state prosecutor on CNN
A-MEN! Dick’s arguments were disgusting and insulting to listen to. JMO

T

Totally! This is a sob story and he’s such a good boy…ugh!
I know I’m jaded, so I’ll preface with that. This man has obviously been thru trauma—whether of his own doing or not—but the properly timed “cue” to start sobbing and have Dick pause to ask if he was “OK” had me reeling. MOO

I was watching CNN and Fox coverage of the hearing earlier, and I think it was the Fox legal analyst that made the following point:

He’s absolutely going to be charged in at least one other crime (embezzlement), and it’s going to give the prosecution more ammo to either raise the bond amount substantially, or even justify him being held without bond.
We can only hope.

Yep. I could even be dreaming and this has all been an early release of Netflix Ozark season 4. Man, you just can’t make this stuff up.

I was reading this yesterday, an older article from Feb ‘21:

Corruption festers when people aren’t looking, when the spotlight doesn’t shine. Without fair scrutiny, public officials with weak ethical backbones bend the rules. They help themselves to public money. They help their cronies instead of people they represent. Like a virus, corruption mushrooms, and so do the costs to you and other members of the public.

Sunlight can disinfect, but South Carolina has lost some light.
News deserts and weak ethics laws allow corruption to run rampant in SC
DAAAANG! That’s kinda spooky how prophetic it is. The timing is crazy!

Hahaha! Did Hootenanny (the lawyer, forgot his name) just say "This is the face of the opioid epidemic," referring to Alex Murdaugh?

Wow. These people truly do not live on the same planet with us peasants.

ETA: If he had ANY significant or life-threatening trauma to his head, you would see where they had to shave his hair. He's got a full head, with no markings.

This is unreal.

Oof. I just saw his butt-crack.

What an absolute side-show, but expected, I guess.
This post is killing me from beginning to end! (No pun intended). “Hootenanny” it is for me from now on!!:D

OMG, just can't get it right on these reports can they!?

This is not exclusive to AM. They do this all the time. My ex has charges that were put in both his father's name, and my son's name and I can't get them to change them (His father had the same first name, but a different middle, and my son is a Jr, so since they knew his dad's name was the same first name, they assumed so my son's name got listed.). He actually got off on one crime because it was in his dad's name, and then his dad died before he went to court. Not that he wouldn't have gotten out of it anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
spicytaco46