SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh’s Ties To Alleged Drug Smuggler Uncovered

... According to Colleton county property records, Murdaugh paid Boulware’s wife five dollars for Moselle. However, the transfer deed (.pdf) dated April 15, 2013 referenced the “exchange of like-kind replacement property” totaling $730,000 – part of a “multi-property, non-simultaneous, tax-free exchange transaction” entered into between Boulware and Murdaugh. ...

... Two months before died, though, Boulware granted power of attorney to Alex Murdaugh – authorizing Murdaugh to “lease, let, take possession, bargain, sell, assign, convey, pledge, mortgage and encumber, repair, insure and generally manage any and all property, both real and personal, which I own, or may hereafter acquire from any source.”

The instrument Boulware signed just prior to his death also authorized Murdaugh to “sign, execute and deliver any and all legal documents” in his name, and to “deposit any monies received from any source whatever for me, and in my name with any bank, and to draw and deliver checks in my name against said monies and other monies to be deposited in my name or to my credit.”

Murdaugh was further authorized by Boulware to “do all things necessary concerning any insurance policies, including the right to change beneficiary,” and was even granted control over “decisions regarding my health and healthcare.”

Finally, the document made clear any decisions Murdaugh made regarding Boulware’s assets would extend beyond the grave – being “binding on myself and my heirs.” ...

Boulware POA in favor of AM - not his own family. Wow, AM was essentially authorized to take over Boulware's absolute authority in all matters ... including Boulware's drug smuggling empire? Sounds like one dying mafia don bestowing his entire "family business" to another mafia don.

Last edited:
Im kind of fuzzy on whether it was a Boulware member who was fired for child molestation? Sound familiar to anyone?

... According to Colleton county property records, Murdaugh paid Boulware’s wife five dollars for Moselle. However, the transfer deed (.pdf) dated April 15, 2013 referenced the “exchange of like-kind replacement property” totaling $730,000 – part of a “multi-property, non-simultaneous, tax-free exchange transaction” entered into between Boulware and Murdaugh. ...

... Two months before died, though, Boulware granted power of attorney to Alex Murdaugh – authorizing Murdaugh to “lease, let, take possession, bargain, sell, assign, convey, pledge, mortgage and encumber, repair, insure and generally manage any and all property, both real and personal, which I own, or may hereafter acquire from any source.”

The instrument Boulware signed just prior to his death also authorized Murdaugh to “sign, execute and deliver any and all legal documents” in his name, and to “deposit any monies received from any source whatever for me, and in my name with any bank, and to draw and deliver checks in my name against said monies and other monies to be deposited in my name or to my credit.”

Murdaugh was further authorized by Boulware to “do all things necessary concerning any insurance policies, including the right to change beneficiary,” and was even granted control over “decisions regarding my health and healthcare.”

Finally, the document made clear any decisions Murdaugh made regarding Boulware’s assets would extend beyond the grave – being “binding on myself and my heirs.” ...

Boulware POA in favor of AM - not his own family. Wow, AM was essentially authorized to take over Boulware's absolute authority in all matters ... including Boulware's drug smuggling empire? Sounds like one dying mafia don bestowing his entire "family business" to another mafia don.

Yeah, that part was CRAZY to me

Yeah, that part was CRAZY to me
Even his personal property went to AM...like cufflinks, rings and things? baseball card collection? his collection blue rays of Hollywood movies? I'm just supposing what but literally everything the man owned. Did his wife predecease him and he had no children?!

Im kind of fuzzy on whether it was a Boulware member who was fired for child molestation? Sound familiar to anyone?
I haven’t heard of such with a Boulware. There was a Gibson (former Hampton neighbor/teammate) and a Rowe (rumored groundskeeper) tied to the family who faced public charges for sexual assault of a student in their respective teaching/coaching positions.

Last edited:
I haven’t heard of such with a Boulware. There was a Gibson (former Hampton neighbor/teammate) and a Rowe (rumored groundskeeper) tied to the family who faced public charges for sexual assault of a student in their respective teaching/coaching positions.

Thanks, that could be it. I came across it shortly after the murders and didn’t give it much thought at the time.

Even his personal property went to AM...like cufflinks, rings and things? baseball card collection? his collection blue rays of Hollywood movies? I'm just supposing what but literally everything the man owned. Did his wife predecease him and he had no children?!
I haven’t read Fits, but he must have had an heir JM Boulware since AM (or Buster as POA) just certified in the last two days that JM Boulware had paid off his debt to AM (mortgage). Right??

ETA source link: search https://www.sclandrecords.com/
Search for filings 9/13/2021-9/25/2021 then look for the filings with the most recent initiation and filing dates. Or look at Boulware and Murdaugh for that period.

There was a Boulware, but no idea if it is the same family.
Probably shouldn't give name due to TOS.
A google search will bring it up. boulware deputy arrested
Was in Sumter County, SC

Seems as it is a common last name in SC.

I haven’t read Fits, but he must have had an heir JM Boulware since AM (or Buster as POA) just certified in the last two days that JM Boulware had paid off his debt to AM (mortgage). Right??

ETA source link: search https://www.sclandrecords.com/
Search for filings 9/13/2021-9/25/2021 then look for the filings with the most recent initiation and filing dates. Or look at Boulware and Murdaugh for that period.
Maybe giving his heirs "mortgages" was a way to give them something of their father's without the taxes? In some way? That swapping of land assets? I din't rightly understand it. I suppose if the fsther's assets were tied up in ventures then liquidating might not be an attractive thing to do, investment-wise?

https://www.thestate.com/news/local/crime/article254466128.html

An FBI spokesman said Friday, “The FBI assisted local and state law enforcement partners during the initial murder investigation of Maggie and Paul Murdaugh. It is not uncommon for the FBI to assist local law enforcement if we have the resources, tactics, or techniques to aid their investigations. We cannot provide any comments that would confirm or deny the existence of a federal investigation into subsequent matters.”

Seems like FBI and SLED have been working together from the beginning and continue to work together.

While Boulware passed away more than three years ago, he is still listed as the co-owner of multiple properties with Alex Murdaugh – and numerous additional properties are owned by a holding company bearing the names of both men. This news outlet performed a records search of several Beaufort county properties, in particular, and the results were revealing.

Nine properties in particular are located at strategic access points on – or around – St. Helena Island, the hotbed of the drug trade during “Operation Jackpot.” Several of these properties do not have addresses – because there are no streets accessing them.

One property record referenced “islands” in and around Harbor River, which separates St. Helena Island from three barrier islands – Hunting Island, Fripp Island and Pritchards Island. Of those three islands, only Fripp is developed. Hunting Island is a state park, while Pritchards Island is almost completely uninhabited.

This report names MM and PM as patients so I would think this was an ER report. I would also imagine AM's brothers and father were there with him when PM and MM were brought in.

JMO
I don't think any of the Murdaugh brothers were at the hospital when PM and MM were brought in, they were with AM. I'm sure one of them was literally always at his side. One of them even called Buster to tell him his Mom and brother were dead. They didn't even take the drive to tell him such horrific and tragic news in person or send a wife/aunt? AM didn't interview with SLED until 2 days later, IIRC

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member