SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
https://s3.documentcloud.org/documents/21068280/death-certificate-1.pdf
https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254434378.html

How did Jeremy Simmons, owner/pharmacist of Beaufort Pharmacy and Compounding (Beaufort SC) - who also owns Carolina Pharmacy of the Lowcountry (Hampton SC)* - come into possession of a certified** copy of Gloria Satterfield's Death Certificate? What is his connection, if any, to Gloria Satterfield and/or the Murdaughs?

According to the SC Dept. of Health only a restricted set of people can obtain them.
Death Certificates | SCDHEC

You are entitled to obtain a certified copy of a death certificate if you are:

An immediate member of the decedent's family. Immediate family member is defined as:

Parent
Grandparent
Spouse (not divorced)
Sibling
Child
Grandchild

A legal representative of one of these

Others who can demonstrate evidence that they have a tangible interest in a personal or property right and that the death certificate is needed to settle that (such as beneficiaries on a life insurance policy, joint
owners on a property, etc.).

Other applicants may be provided a statement that the death occurred, including the date and county of death, but not an actual certified copy of a death certificate.

Death certificates become public records after 50 years. Then any person may obtain an uncertified copy of the death certificate, upon submission of application form and fees.

The following death certificates are issued to those legally entitled to receive them:

** Death Long Certificate which contains all information, including the cause of death.

Death Short Certificate contains limited information excluding the cause of death. However, it does contain the manner of death.

Death Statement contains the decedent's name, county, and date of death.

* CAROLINA PHARMACY OF THE LOWCOUNTRY
(BEAUFORT PHARMACY AND COMPOUNDING LLC) NPI 1225394760
810 Elm St E, Hampton, SC
https://npiprofile.com/npi/1225394760
It is odd that a fax of her death certificate was just recently sent or received (I can't tell which?) on the past Sept 10th. Only thing coming to my mind is they were being notified she was dead because her prescriptions used to be there and someone was inquiring as to what medications she was on at the time of her death? I don't know does HIPA secrecy continue after someone passes?

I guess whomever gave her DC to the media should have cut that bottom edge off. Somebody who works there could be in trouble for sharing it?

It says D-POA which could be a Durable Poer of Attorney. DPOA is not a broad POA. It’s only for healthcare decisions should the grantor be unable to make their own, either by being unconscious during a surgery or a coma etc.
Yes and BM signed for AM the next day, paid off a mortgage...Elley Mae posted it

I may be wrong but I thought I knew outdoor laws pretty well here. I’ve always thought that if someone was charged with a violation, be it hunting, boating, etc, that those privileges were suspended for a period of time and could cause charges to be brought if the person was caught again.

I think it all really depends on who you are and the connections you have....

I think they were both trying to get away. Even the way I’ve read PMs injuries described, it just sounds as if he was turning away. Just opinion as I have nothing solid to base that on.
Or he tried to grab the barrel and push it up when he saw a certain person was going to kill his mother. I am sure that is not the first time PM saw that certain person in a blind drunken rage. After all we have all read the stories about how PM's personality changed when he was drinking and he turned into "Timmy". Well it is my opinion that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and that "Timmy" behavior of drunken rages was learned at home. I don't think it takes much of a guess to know he learned to be "Timmy" from AM not MM.

JMO

Or he tried to grab the barrel and push it up when he saw a certain person was going to kill his mother. I am sure that is not the first time PM saw that certain person in a blind drunken rage. After all we have all read the stories about how PM's personality changed when he was drinking and he turned into "Timmy". Well it is my opinion that the apple doesn't fall far from the tree and that "Timmy" behavior of drunken rages was learned at home. I don't think it takes much of a guess to know he learned to be "Timmy" from AM not MM.

JMO
His mugshot gives me the willies because that's what I see, in the eyes, just anything would be possible with that individual especially under the influence of drugs or alcohol. AJMO

But if AM knew PM was home why would he take the chance to shoot MM on the property? IMHO, logic would dictate AM would only commit the murders on his own (vast) property if he knew for certain no one else was in the house or on the property.

Maybe he didn't think that PM up at the house would hear all the commotion down at the kennels. Dogs can be loud.

I do not think this was a premeditated cold bloodied execution. I think it was a crime of passion. I think AM found out about MM ordering that audit and knew if she went through with it his and his buddies embezzling and dirty deals would be exposed. I think he went there that night to talk her out of it and they got into an argument. That argument could have started in the house within full hearing range of PM and then continued when they went down to feed/water/put the dogs in the kennel for the night. No one knows where the guns were stored but I would think near the kennels to be handy for hunting with the dogs. What we do know for a fact is the shotgun belonged to AM/Murdaughs and that AM/Murdaughs owns a AR type gun like the one used to kill MM. And we know for a fact that AM nor BM nor any other family members has surrendered that AR type gun to LE for ballistic testing. Maybe LE will find it in some swamp or creek near the Moselle property. Or at a relatives house.

Just my own thoughts.

Has anyone noted that there was a third party at the scene of the murders, redacted from the police report? WHO ELSE WAS THERE? It also appears that AMs address was Holly St, while MMS and PMs was Moselle. I thought it was confirmed that MM was living at the Edisto house.
This report names MM and PM as patients so I would think this was an ER report. I would also imagine AM's brothers and father were there with him when PM and MM were brought in.

JMO

Murdaugh Murders: Attorneys Try To Block Subpoena For Alex’s Medical Records After ‘Shooting’

On Thursday, PMPED attorneys formally dropped Alex and Buster as clients in the Mallory Beach wrongful death lawsuit.

The move is another public action taken by officials at the firm to sever ties with Alex Murdaugh.

On the same day PMPED dropped Alex and Buster Murdaugh as clients, partners at the Hampton, South Carolina firm posted a long message on its website declaring their distance between themselves and Alex Murdaugh.

Eta.

The Murdaughs are still being represented by two attorneys hired by the only insurance company that has not denied them coverage in the lawsuit. Three other insurance companies have denied them coverage.

Well all you have to do is add an I to the name of that firm (PMPED) and that says it all. BTW who in blazes would name their law firm some name like that?

JMO

Attorney Daniel E. Henderson removed himself and the entire law firm from the boat crash lawsuit, according to court documents filed Thursday. Previously, Henderson and Amy Bower were representing Buster and Alex Murdaugh.

The Murdaughs are still being represented by two attorneys hired by the only insurance company that has not denied them coverage in the lawsuit. Three other insurance companies have denied them coverage.

Murdaugh Murders: Attorneys Try To Block Subpoena For Alex’s Medical Records After ‘Shooting’

In the lawsuit, Beach’s attorney has asked for the following financial documents:

A list of checking, savings and 401( K) accounts
A list of all investments
Net worth statements
Tax returns
Arguing that the interrogatory is too broad, the Murdaughs have refused to provide these documents after multiple requests from Beach’s attorney.

Logically, you are correct. But AM was probably acting erratically at that point.

He was under enormous pressure---he could NOT allow MM to trigger that forensic audit. Time was up for him to get it done and take her down.

And he was possibly on meth/opiates and booze at the time. Perhaps he thought he could shoot her out by the kennels and get away quickly, before PM could come out to investigate, if he even would do so.

When my kids were that age,m they usually had iPods plugged into their ears and were totally focused on other things---might not have even noticed a ruckus going on outside. Maybe AM hoped that would be the case?
Or maybe AM thought PM would be passed out by then?

JMO

Attorney Daniel E. Henderson removed himself and the entire law firm from the boat crash lawsuit, according to court documents filed Thursday. Previously, Henderson and Amy Bower were representing Buster and Alex Murdaugh.

In the lawsuit, Beach’s attorney has asked for the following financial documents:

A list of checking, savings and 401( K) accounts
A list of all investments
Net worth statements
Tax returns
Arguing that the interrogatory is too broad, the Murdaughs have refused to provide these documents after multiple requests from Beach’s attorney.
The 2019 boat crash was a major turning point for the Murdaugh family — whose power has loomed large in Lowcountry law enforcement

Go RB!!!! You have a lot of people on here cheering you on. Take them all down and wipe the smile off every one of their dirty faces.

JMO

Whoooa now, so BM signed for AM and paid off a mortgage yesterday. I guess all AM's monies are not frozen. Can't see if it's the Edisto beach house, Moselle or somewhere else as it only lists the book it's filed in at the Ckerk's office.
Someone on here who lives in the area could make a quick run to the county clerks office. Deeds are public records here but don't know about SC laws.

JMO

This scattershot approach seems to just keep making the water cloudy and I sincerely hope they are concentrating efforts on THE crime that brought us here. They have plenty of time to chase AMs financial crimes and this other stuff. Somebody (or more than one) is possibly walking among these citizens of this state free, having brutally killed 2 people and shouldn’t be since they would be potentially very dangerous.

Edit, I get that headlines are meant to grab readers but this “Murders” appearing with every report about the soap opera of this “power family” and who is at what beach house, money theft, is just boring at this point.
I agree with all this, however, not all but certain aspects may be connected to the murders in regards to motive.

publicindex.sccourts.org_2021-09-25_16-44-43.png

Public_Index_Search_-_2021-09-25_16.58.14.png

https://publicindex.sccourts.org/Hampton/PublicIndex/PISearch.aspx

I did a full search, "ALL" check boxes ticked, for "Smith, Curtis Edward" in both Hampton and Colleton Counties and it appears that other than the current pending criminal charges, he's had NO other civil or criminal actions against him except very old traffic tickets. You'd think an alleged "drug dealer" would have lit up LE radar a long time ago.

I'm even more convinced that he was flat-out set up by AM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
scyna0895