SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure but someone said in an earlier thread that there was possibly a caretaker's house on the property. When I clicked on the link you provided I was able to navigate to pictometry imagery and a 3/3/2011 image seems to show a driveway leading off one of the main 4157 moselle drives -that driveway seems to lead to the structure you're referring to.

qPublic.net - Colleton County, SC - Pictometry Imagery: 123-00-00-002.000

Maybe the trees obscure the driveway connection in more recent photos. Here is a photo download from the pictometry.

I can't imagine the Murdaughs themselves taking care of the hunting dogs, outbuildings and machinery. Wonder if a caretaker did/does live in that small house. If so, what did they see and/or hear the night of June 7 2021? Or did AM send the caretaker away before that night on some pretext?

And before 4157 Moselle Road in Islandton, S.C. became the site of one of South Carolina’s highest-profile homicides – the June 7, 2021 murders of 52-year-old Maggie Murdaugh and 22-year-old Paul Murdaugh – this sprawling hunting property on the sleepy Salkehatchie River was sold to Alex Murdaugh by Boulware’s wife, Jeannine Morris Boulware.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Alex Murdaugh’s Ties To Alleged Drug Smuggler Uncovered

As noted earlier, according to Colleton county property records Murdaugh paid Boulware’s wife five dollars for Moselle. However, the transfer deed (.pdf) dated April 15, 2013 referenced the “exchange of like-kind replacement property” totaling $730,000 – part of a “multi-property, non-simultaneous, tax-free exchange transaction” entered into between Boulware and Murdaugh. Typically such transactions – which are authorized by section 1031 of the U.S. internal revenue code – allow the seller to avoid capital gains taxes so long as they invest any proceeds of the sale into the purchase of other properties.

Snipped from above

“exchange of like-kind replacement property” totaling $730,000 – part of a “multi-property, non-simultaneous, tax-free exchange transaction” entered into between Boulware and Murdaugh.

Wonder what property J boulware got.

I personally have not read about a caretaker, c rowe, jr. or Sr. is not showing up as ever living there.

Jmo
There is a very thorough discussion of caretaker and what transpired when he was fired and potential “why’s” way up thread — maybe in late June or July.

He would not have owned the house — the house was just a second dwelling on the vast property. I also think we might have been discussing C.B III.

One thing I remember from discussion was apparently a fight broke out when AM fired him and allegedly PM jumped in to aid his father.

We also discussed up thread the possibility that maybe PM was staying in the caretaker house and thus his proximity to kennels.

Just some stuff I recall from posts weeks ago — don’t remember that we came to any conclusions — a lot of speculation! So much has happened since then. OMO.

Last edited:
@LetsSolvIt

Iirc that info came without link, as some other stuff that I didn’t take as fact. I looked into it then, asked for link iirc and no response.

Jmo if anyone did live there (which I doubt) since AM got it. Lookes like j boulware resided there before sale.

Don’t know why but AM doesn’t appear the type to pay someone to feed dogs, as far as the property it does not appear to be that much upkeep other then cutting grass and feeding dogs.

Jmo

@LetsSolvIt

Iirc that info came without link, as some other stuff that I didn’t take as fact. I looked into it then, asked for link iirc an no response.

Jmo if anyone did live there (which I doubt) since AM got it. Lookes like j boulware resided there before sale.

Don’t know why but AM doesn’t appear the type to pay someone to feed dogs, as far as the property it does not appear to be that much upkeep other then cutting grass and feeding dogs.

Jmo
Cutting grass can occur any time or never for that matter, but dogs need to be fed once or twice daily and certainly have water continuously in the summer heat in SC. I don't think AM would be tied down to that.MOO MOO MOO

Murdaugh hasn’t prosecuted a case since 2019, Kidd said, but he often helped his father, the former solicitor, who died in June.

“The letter was simply a way to formalize the ending of a relationship that really has not been in effect since 2019,” according to Kidd.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254055123.html

No hours were recorded by the Solicitor’s Office to account for how much work they did for the agency. Kidd said that was because the relationship was informal.

Looks like as a “volunteer” he may have had time on his hands.

SLED releases initial timeline in Murdaugh double homicide investigation | WCBD News 2

SLED Lowcountry Regional agents were dispatched and arrived on the scene at 11:47 p.m. and immediately began working with Colleton County deputies to evaluate the scene. They took the lead on the investigation.

Can’t find now, picture of AM brother walking with duffie stone’s investigators on driveway with phone. June 8th? Thought sled had taken lead?

Eta link to pic
Questions abound in SC Murdaugh killing. Among them: Should prosecutor step aside?

I missed the show and it's not being rebroadcast as far as I can find. A baseball bat was mentioned by the Smith family, IIRC After hearing that I remember thinking maybe the evidence of blue paint chips on Stephen's body were from a blue painted metal bat.

OMG is that what was found on Moselle property that reopened the Smith case!?

RBBM

You nailed it Sunshine. I remember reading that post way way back.

Can anyone with more legal expertise than me (so that means literally anyone lol) weigh in on the likelihood that a judge would grant the request to jail AM in relation to the 'missing' embezzled Satterfield funds? Or maybe the question should be -- would these circumstances compel a judge in a 'normal' case to jail a 'normal' person?

From my novice perspective, it would be wonderful if he and the others could be put into jail until they can produce the stolen money, but is that at all realistic at this point in the process?

The S lawyer wants a hearing where all involved must testify under oath. What are the odds that any of them don't plead the fifth on all questions. Either that or point fingers at their co- conspirators ?

I'm fully expecting the investigation into ALL of these crimes (murders, financial, other) will take a long time, understandably because there is likely overlap and connected, complex motives and unwilling witnesses. Just very frustrating for the Families who have been manipulated and hurt by the Ms for so long, but they should have hope for the first time.

Alex Murdaugh attorney requesting preliminary hearing

Alex Murdaugh attorney requesting preliminary hearing | WCBD News 2

AM would most likely have to be at the preliminary hearing.

About 3 threads ago, however, it was stated that if a person is in a treatment facility for drugs or alcohol, the facility almost never ever allows the patient to leave to attend court hearings or dates. If the patient leaves the facility he is leaving treatment without permission and is not allowed back. This may present a problem….treatment or no treatment. I hope AM does not get special treatment again…..and again. He needs to be treated like every one else.

His lawyer is fishing for info for sure

SLED releases initial timeline in Murdaugh double homicide investigation | WCBD News 2

SLED Lowcountry Regional agents were dispatched and arrived on the scene at 11:47 p.m. and immediately began working with Colleton County deputies to evaluate the scene. They took the lead on the investigation.

Can’t find now, picture of AM brother walking with duffie stone’s investigators on driveway with phone. June 8th? Thought sled had taken lead?

Eta link to pic
Questions abound in SC Murdaugh killing. Among them: Should prosecutor step aside?
FITNews did a couple articles where it was mentioned that the Solicitor's office had people right there alongside SLED. It was also mentioned that some believed those people were interfering and imposing on the SLED investigations. IIRC it was in articles addressing why the Solicitor was not recusing himself from the murders investigations like he did almost immediately with the boat accident investigation.

Added Note: As I no longer can access FITNews articles, if someone could post a link to this info it would be greatly appreciated, TIA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foothillbilly