SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021 #9

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
FITNews did a couple articles where it was mentioned that the Solicitor's office had people right there alongside SLED. It was also mentioned that some believed those people were interfering and imposing on the SLED investigations. IIRC it was in articles addressing why the Solicitor was not recusing himself from the murders investigations like he did almost immediately with the boat accident investigation.

Added Note: As I no longer can access FITNews articles, if someone could post a link to this info it would be greatly appreciated, TIA

This one.?

Also, in the days following the murders, Stone’s investigators have been caught on camera chatting with a Murdaugh family member at the crime scene — which appears to be a hugely controversial breach of prosecutorial ethics and etiquette.

In Stone’s statement, he failed to address any of these concerning accusations about his involvement with the double homicide investigation. Stone also didn’t give the public any reasons as to why his investigators would be at the crime scene.

Murdaugh Murders: Prosecutor With Many Conflicts Of Interest Issues Muddled Defense

This one.?

Also, in the days following the murders, Stone’s investigators have been caught on camera chatting with a Murdaugh family member at the crime scene — which appears to be a hugely controversial breach of prosecutorial ethics and etiquette.

In Stone’s statement, he failed to address any of these concerning accusations about his involvement with the double homicide investigation. Stone also didn’t give the public any reasons as to why his investigators would be at the crime scene.

Murdaugh Murders: Prosecutor With Many Conflicts Of Interest Issues Muddled Defense
Yes that's one thanks Elley Mae!

Does the article say who it was!?

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Did One Of The Last People To Talk To Paul Murdaugh Shed Any Light On Investigation?
<snip>

While SLED has been nothing short of a lock box when it comes to this case (even the agents providing support for the investigation have been intentionally kept in the dark as to its progress), that does not mean progress is not being made.

This week, for example, my news outlet has confirmed SLED investigators spoke with at least two individuals who had conversations with Paul Murdaugh at Moselle shortly before he was killed. I have further confirmed one of these individuals – 25-year-old Rogan Gibson – was the person whose name was included (albeit redacted) on a dispatch log released by SLED shortly after the killings.

It is not immediately clear whether Rogan Gibson spoke with Paul Murdaugh in person or over the phone prior to the latter’s murder. At least one of the interactions SLED reportedly investigated was a phone interaction, however.

As has been its custom from the beginning of this saga, SLED declined to discuss any particulars related to the investigation. The agency has made it clear it is pursuing all leads – emphatically, at that it just hasn’t revealed anything as to what those leads might be.

Gibson (above) is one two brothers – 27-year-old Brody Gibson is the other – who grew up next door to the Murdaugh family in a house located at 519 Holly Street in Hampton, S.C. Both boys played baseball with Paul’s brother, Buster Murdaugh, and their father Robert Gibson is a baseball coach at North District middle school in Varnville, S.C.

“Both of these Gibson boys were high school baseball stars,” one local source recalled.

The property on Holly Street owned by the Gibson family was sold in June of this year, incidentally.

Of interest? Last December, Brody Gipson found himself in hot water in Limestone county, Alabama where he was indicted for engaging in a sex act with a student under the age of nineteen.

This news outlet has been doing a deep dive on the Gibson brothers over the last few days, seeking to establish their proximity to the Murdaugh brothers at the time of the killings – and before. As of this writing, there is nothing to suggest either of them are in any way connected to the murders of Paul or Maggie Murdaugh – although SLED has declined to discuss individuals it has excluded from speculation in the double homicide inquiry.

As of this writing, all we know is Alex Murdaugh remains a “person of interest” in connection with the ongoing investigation.

Once again, SLED is currently involved in at least six separate criminal inquiries involving the Murdaugh family and the PMPED law firm. For a refresher on those cases, click here. Also, several civil actions targeting the family are also underway.

Murdaugh Murders Saga: Did One Of The Last People To Talk To Paul Murdaugh Shed Any Light On Investigation?
<snip>

While SLED has been nothing short of a lock box when it comes to this case (even the agents providing support for the investigation have been intentionally kept in the dark as to its progress), that does not mean progress is not being made.

This week, for example, my news outlet has confirmed SLED investigators spoke with at least two individuals who had conversations with Paul Murdaugh at Moselle shortly before he was killed. I have further confirmed one of these individuals – 25-year-old Rogan Gibson – was the person whose name was included (albeit redacted) on a dispatch log released by SLED shortly after the killings.

It is not immediately clear whether Rogan Gibson spoke with Paul Murdaugh in person or over the phone prior to the latter’s murder. At least one of the interactions SLED reportedly investigated was a phone interaction, however.

As has been its custom from the beginning of this saga, SLED declined to discuss any particulars related to the investigation. The agency has made it clear it is pursuing all leads – emphatically, at that it just hasn’t revealed anything as to what those leads might be.

Gibson (above) is one two brothers – 27-year-old Brody Gibson is the other – who grew up next door to the Murdaugh family in a house located at 519 Holly Street in Hampton, S.C. Both boys played baseball with Paul’s brother, Buster Murdaugh, and their father Robert Gibson is a baseball coach at North District middle school in Varnville, S.C.

“Both of these Gibson boys were high school baseball stars,” one local source recalled.

The property on Holly Street owned by the Gibson family was sold in June of this year, incidentally.

Of interest? Last December, Brody Gipson found himself in hot water in Limestone county, Alabama where he was indicted for engaging in a sex act with a student under the age of nineteen.

This news outlet has been doing a deep dive on the Gibson brothers over the last few days, seeking to establish their proximity to the Murdaugh brothers at the time of the killings – and before. As of this writing, there is nothing to suggest either of them are in any way connected to the murders of Paul or Maggie Murdaugh – although SLED has declined to discuss individuals it has excluded from speculation in the double homicide inquiry.

As of this writing, all we know is Alex Murdaugh remains a “person of interest” in connection with the ongoing investigation.

Once again, SLED is currently involved in at least six separate criminal inquiries involving the Murdaugh family and the PMPED law firm. For a refresher on those cases, click here. Also, several civil actions targeting the family are also underway.
Thanks for the information

SLED releases initial timeline in Murdaugh double homicide investigation | WCBD News 2

SLED Lowcountry Regional agents were dispatched and arrived on the scene at 11:47 p.m. and immediately began working with Colleton County deputies to evaluate the scene. They took the lead on the investigation.

Can’t find now, picture of AM brother walking with duffie stone’s investigators on driveway with phone. June 8th? Thought sled had taken lead?

Eta link to pic
Questions abound in SC Murdaugh killing. Among them: Should prosecutor step aside?
Photos of brother walking with LE are on media thread for this case.

<snip>

It's one thing to say who PM talked to and what their relationship was, but I find this article goes too far...softly implying that they have involvement in some shenanigans. Fitsnews isn't very professional in this article. Perhaps they are getting too full of themselves after all of the great stuff they've uncovered so far. This is getting close to slander though, in my opinion. They should release more when they have more substantive findings.

It's one thing to say who PM talked to and what their relationship was, but I find this article goes too far...softly implying that they have involvement in some shenanigans. Fitsnews isn't very professional in this article. Perhaps they are getting too full of themselves after all of the great stuff they've uncovered so far. This is getting close to slander though, in my opinion. They should release more when they have more substantive findings.

I agree, I don’t get their deep dive into 2 former high school baseball players unless they are connected to these murders. If it’s as reported so far, one may be a timeline witness at best.

@LetsSolvIt

Iirc that info came without link, as some other stuff that I didn’t take as fact. I looked into it then, asked for link iirc and no response.

Jmo if anyone did live there (which I doubt) since AM got it. Lookes like j boulware resided there before sale.

Don’t know why but AM doesn’t appear the type to pay someone to feed dogs, as far as the property it does not appear to be that much upkeep other then cutting grass and feeding dogs.

Jmo
Once upon a time, probably several threads ago, there was a man who came to our attention for having been dismissed from school system employment. He was seen holding hands with and kissing a 16-year-old student and folks didn’t approve. Some who told us about him and used his name posted he had soon after been employed as an estate caretaker.

I don’t recall there was a link about this same man being both a school employee and a caretaker, but he was fully discussed with both jobs early on, and there was speculation that if the laird learned about the school history, that might be why he fired him.

Some said that the caretaker got angry when he was fired and started a fight with the laird. The laird’s son didn’t like this and people say he jumped into the fight, too. Some people speculated that if the caretaker was angry enough would he hurt the landowner’s family. The story writers didn’t know anything for sure and no one lived happily ever after.

Maybe someone else will remember reading this tale, c. June or July.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254597917.html

Man charged in Alex Murdaugh shooting is ‘fall guy’ in failed murder scheme, SC lawyer says

A lawyer for the Colleton County man accused of shooting Alex Murdaugh in the head as part of a staged murder attempt said Murdaugh is making his client out to be “the fall guy.”

Curtis Edward Smith, 61, plans to plead not guilty to charges brought by S.C. Law Enforcement Division in a Sept. 4 shooting, Smith’s lawyer, Jarrett Bouchette, said in an interview.

SLED accused Smith of conspiring with Murdaugh, a suspended Hampton lawyer, to shoot the lawyer in the head so Murdaugh’s son could receive a $10 million life insurance payout. Murdaugh lived, and both men were charged.

<snip>

‘THE GUN DID GO OFF’
On Sept. 4, Bouchette said, Murdaugh called Smith and told him to bring his truck, which he “presumed to mean he was going to do some kind of work helping fix something.”

Smith did odd jobs for Murdaugh, and they maintained a friendship over the years, he said. After Smith received the call, he met Murdaugh on Old Salkehatchie Road, a rural road in Hampton County.

According to SLED’s affidavits, the two men met “for the purpose of Mr. Smith assisting Mr. Murdaugh to commit suicide.”

“Mr. Murdaugh provided Mr. Smith with a firearm and directed Mr. Smith to shoot him in the head for the purpose of causing Mr. Murdaugh’s death,” according to SLED’s affidavit. “And allowing for the payment of a stated death benefit to a beneficiary of the insured, Mr. Murdaugh.”

But Bouchette said Smith was not aware of any insurance fraud scheme or plan to shoot when he went to meet Murdaugh.

He said when Smith arrived that Murdaugh was “suicidal.”

“I don’t think there’s any dispute from the co-defendant (Murdaugh) or his attorneys that during this time period (Murdaugh) was going through either withdrawals or was in a serious opioid episode,” he said.

Bouchette confirmed what Smith had said to the New York Post in an interview earlier this month.

“The gun did go off at some point while (Smith) was trying to wrestle the gun away from (Murdaugh). That would seem to make sense given the scene he arrived upon,” according to Bouchette.

Smith left “scared” and “in a temporary state of shock,” according to his lawyer.

He said Smith disposed of the gun, “which, given the emotional reaction that he had, I think that’s certainly understandable,” Bouchette said.

<snip>

Regarding Murdaugh’s injuries, Bouchette said Smith “didn’t say one way or another, but as far as I’m aware he did not see any injury.”

At a bond hearing for Alex Murdaugh’s charges on Sept. 16, viewers noted that Murdaugh’s head appeared unscathed from the shooting. His lawyers maintained he sustained head injuries.

<snip>

A former client of Murdaugh’s, Smith used to play softball with Murdaugh, Bouchette said. They stayed in touched and had a close friendship, he said.

As to whether Smith had any involvement in the murders of Paul and Maggie Murdaugh on June 7, Bouchette said no.

“There’s no evidence of that at all,” he said.

I don't think any of the Murdaugh brothers were at the hospital when PM and MM were brought in, they were with AM. I'm sure one of them was literally always at his side. One of them even called Buster to tell him his Mom and brother were dead. They didn't even take the drive to tell him such horrific and tragic news in person or send a wife/aunt? AM didn't interview with SLED until 2 days later, IIRC

I don’t recall how far it was but they probably did need to call ASAP because with social media and the prominence and notoriety of the family plus the shock of the murders, someone would have put it on FB and other places in no time. You hear too often of people finding out about loved ones that way. MOO.

@LetsSolvIt

Iirc that info came without link, as some other stuff that I didn’t take as fact. I looked into it then, asked for link iirc and no response.

Jmo if anyone did live there (which I doubt) since AM got it. Lookes like j boulware resided there before sale.

Don’t know why but AM doesn’t appear the type to pay someone to feed dogs, as far as the property it does not appear to be that much upkeep other then cutting grass and feeding dogs.

Jmo

Taking care of the dogs would be a task indeed especially if they had more than two or three. They’d need to be fed, watered, and their kennels cleaned. If someone had been caring for them and then wasn’t, that would be a reason why MM and PM might have been back there. I know it’s the country but dogs who aren’t fed on time generally make their views on that known. Hunting dogs have good vocal powers usually. And mowing even part of that land would take quite a few hours each week even with high-end equipment from my experience. Who knows? It’s a lot of work in my view. MOO.

There is a very thorough discussion of caretaker and what transpired when he was fired and potential “why’s” way up thread — maybe in late June or July.

He would not have owned the house — the house was just a second dwelling on the vast property. I also think we might have been discussing C.B III.

One thing I remember from discussion was apparently a fight broke out when AM fired him and allegedly PM jumped in to aid his father.

We also discussed up thread the possibility that maybe PM was staying in the caretaker house and thus his proximity to kennels.

Just some stuff I recall from posts weeks ago — don’t remember that we came to any conclusions — a lot of speculation! So much has happened since then. OMO.
PM, the myopic, egotistical, spoiled rotten, bottom of the barrel human, acting as caretaker??? C’mon... That would require effort, work, dependability, responsibility, all those “noble characteristics” he was clearly lacking. No way. JMO YMMV

Murdaugh hasn’t prosecuted a case since 2019, Kidd said, but he often helped his father, the former solicitor, who died in June.

“The letter was simply a way to formalize the ending of a relationship that really has not been in effect since 2019,” according to Kidd.

https://www.islandpacket.com/news/local/crime/article254055123.html

No hours were recorded by the Solicitor’s Office to account for how much work they did for the agency. Kidd said that was because the relationship was informal.

Looks like as a “volunteer” he may have had time on his hands.
“volunteering” the pockets of others for his greedy, inhumane hands. SMDH.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JayneDrop