SC - Paul Murdaugh, 22 and mom Margaret, 52, found shot to death, Islandton, 7 June 2021

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mod Note:
Posts continue to be removed for citing articles in Fitsnews. Fitsnews does not fall under MSM within the TOS at WS for the following reason:

Founded in 2006, FitsNews is a news and opinion blog with the tagline “Independent, Unapologetic.” According to their contact page, they are based in South Carolina. The website lacks transparency as they do not provide an about page or properly disclose ownership.

The website was founded by Will Folks who is president of Viewpolitik, LLC, a political public relations firm. Fitsnews is also a member of the Washington Postpolitical blog network

It really does but I’m opening my net wider to consider other possibilities. It’s obvious that the victims were isolated in a rural area and I’m just considering if the lady was the main target. I’m just trying to avoid getting tunnel vision and seeing it one way.

I think a closer, more intimate POI may be named.

I think a closer, more intimate POI may be named.

It’s usually standard for LE to start close and work out. They are quiet about this for a reason and I’d love to be on FB to see what the local buzz is. Most local, small media outlets have gotten washed out or they just rely on the press releases and report whatever the local officials want them to publish. I was hoping for something before 11 oclock but it doesn’t look like any updates are close.

Last edited by a moderator:
Community members, neighbors react to murders of two Murdaugh family members | WCBD News 2

Local news calls it two murders...and references rumors of husband/father AM as POI.

"On Wednesday, rumors circulated that AM has been named a “Person of interest” in the case. The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division says it’s committed to a thorough investigation into Monday night’s deadly shooting."

LE has reason to be very careful with this. They know the entire legal community is watching and they can’t make a single error. The tv stations are on this now so that may force the hand a bit.

Community members, neighbors react to murders of two Murdaugh family members | WCBD News 2

Local news calls it two murders...and references rumors of husband/father AM as POI.

"On Wednesday, rumors circulated that AM has been named a “Person of interest” in the case. The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division says it’s committed to a thorough investigation into Monday night’s deadly shooting."

‘Just speculating here…there were two different weapons used, IIRC. Maybe there were two different shooters. In other words, <modsnip> maybe he came upon a situation between the two victims, and then acted in response to that. Just guessing…but the two weapons and statement from LE about timing have my imagination in gear.

Just speculating here…there were two different weapons used, IIRC. Maybe there were two different shooters. In other words, if the husband <modsnip came upon a situation between the two victims, and then acted in response to that. Just guessing…but the two weapons and statement from LE about timing have my imagination in gear.

<modsnip> The long guns and hunting lodge location make me very suspicious of rogue hunters that mother and son confronted on their property. Second choice would be some sort of dispute between son and associates that the mother stumbled into. A targeted shooting of mother and son seems much less likely to me than these possibilities.

From my post above. The timing of the June 4 could be a trigger

upload_2021-6-10_9-45-0.png

< modsnip> the lawsuit likely going to trial may have caused panic. This would impact everyone in Murdaugh family...there is a lot at stake with this civil lawsuit. I'm of the opinon that the mom was not the target, but just happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time...

<modsnip> The long guns and hunting lodge location make me very suspicious of rogue hunters that mother and son confronted on their property. Second choice would be some sort of dispute between son and associates that the mother stumbled into. A targeted shooting of mother and son seems much less likely to me than these possibilities.

I agree. I don’t think it’s the dad simply because there are two different types of of guns involved and I can’t imagine a motive.
I had not thought about a possible confrontation with night-hunting trespassers and that’s an interesting thought. My hesitation on that would be that since everybody knew this family and where this property was, I would think people would steer clear of there. Why would anyone from around there risk stirring these people up when they have hundreds if not thousands of acres around there to hunt.
It’s all very odd.

Local news calls it two murders...and references rumors of husband/father Alex as POI.

"On Wednesday, rumors circulated that Alex Murdaugh has been named a “Person of interest” in the case. The South Carolina Law Enforcement Division says it’s committed to a thorough investigation into Monday night’s deadly shooting."

To my knowledge LE has NOT named AM as a person of interest. Besides being disappointed that this MSM new outlet did not capitalize the last name of boat crash victim Mallory Beach in the above article, I am very surprised they printed what they admit are rumors in the Murdaugh deaths. Since it appears in MSM we may talk about what it says here, but we need to use initials, AM, and go no further than what is said in the article above. This is a sad and shocking case. We should also keep watch on the articles as we know from experience they are often modified.

Last edited:
<modsnip>
there is a lot at stake with this civil lawsuit. I'm of the opinon that the mom was not the target, but just happened to be at the wrong place, wrong time...

<modsnip>

It sounds to me like Paul was in a great deal of legal and financial jeopardy and it was in his victim’s family’s interest to sit tight and wait for the criminal and/or civil process to play out.

The fact that the weapons were long guns make targeted murder seem less likely to me. If the killers weren’t hunters confronted on the property, it seems more like a run-back-to-the-truck-and-grab-your-gun-thing, following a dispute.

<modsnip>
It sounds to me like Paul was in a great deal of legal and financial jeopardy and it was in his victim’s family’s interest to sit tight and wait for the criminal and/or civil process to play out.

The fact that the weapons were long guns make targeted murder seem less likely to me. If the killers weren’t hunters confronted on the property, it seems more like a run-back-to-the-truck-and-grab-your-gun-thing, following a dispute.

I know that the area was rural but surely the M's had some type of security and cameras. Being in the spotlight and dealing in the world of crime and lawsuits they had to think about protecting themselves and their properties. I'm agreeing that it may very well be a dispute of some kind that got out of hand.

I thought about the possibility of this being a trespass related incident but from the aerial crime scene pics, it looks like this happened near what would have been their “home”, so to speak. This lodge would have been where they stayed while there.
Would this lawsuit have really been so concerning to a family of powerful lawyers? I’m right on the fence there.

I thought about the possibility of this being a trespass related incident but from the aerial crime scene pics, it looks like this happened near what would have been their “home”, so to speak. This lodge would have been where they stayed while there.
Would this lawsuit have really been so concerning to a family of powerful lawyers? I’m right on the fence there.

Just my thoughts, I think they were targeted, at least Paul. The mother might have just gotten caught up in it.
The question is who targeted them and why.
I’ve been discussing this, (like most South Carolinians!), with my three sisters-in-law, and between us, we have four very different theories. This case is all over the place!

Just my thoughts, I think they were targeted, at least Paul. The mother might have just gotten caught up in it.
The question is who targeted them and why.
I’ve been discussing this, (like most South Carolinians!), with my three sisters-in-law, and between us, we have four very different theories. This case is all over the place!
My mom, sister and I, along with a couple of friends, are discussing this too! Have been since the accident and we are South Carolinians too. The deeper I go the more questions I have!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ScoopyC