SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #18

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean Tinsley, the Beaches hired him.

Mark Tinsley is the Beach family's lawyer.

The PIs were hired by the owner of Parkers, where Paul bought the alcohol with Buster's license before the boat crash.

From the article you linked:
"That's where Capelli says she came in. Tinsley says Capelli told him she was paid to get close to Paul Murdaugh, follow him around and secretly video him for over a year, up until the final days of his life."

His attorneys wanted to block the guns, video evidence and now the financials. Basically everything. Their tactic of theatrics hasn’t swayed the judge. What did they think was going to happen??

Has AM tried cases with this judge before?

AM knew he could not let Paul live - he was looking at 25 years in prison and AM was going to lose everything the victims could get their hands on, also I think AM dad’s death was a relief of the pressure because he had to uphold the family name - ha! But I am sure his dad expected more from him. Paul being in jail was just to hard to swallow for him. And knowing his temperament and if they think the “you son of a” harassment was bad, PM would have gotten beat up in prison and more. He knew he couldn’t live up to the life standard they were used to and MM wasn’t going to stand by and just accept being dragged through the mud. If it came down to AM and PM - MM would choose PM every time. As hard as it is to swallow, he saw PM as a liability and MM too. If the murders didn’t happen they were going to eventually turn in him too. He thought it was the answer to save what he could of the family name. And prove he was “good enough” to be a Murdaugh. He never thought the murders would be investigated by non-good-old boys. He knew at the very least PM wouldn’t go to jail and MM wouldn’t divorce/betray him.
I wonder if AM on the night of the murders, asked MM to take a loan out on the Edisto house and MM knowing she was going to leave him and wanted to live there, said no, that she would not go along with that. Paul was collateral damage even if he was killed first.

Thus far, there's no evidence that MM consulted a divorce lawyer and there's also no evidence that MM texted a friend she thought AM was acting fishy or that she wanted to meet AM at hospital versus going home to Moselle. I think if there was any evidence of divorce rumors, the state would have led with this information to support an additional financial motive.

In fact, evidence showed MM requested Bianca prepare a meal for the family before she left for the day. IMO, I think AM was being his usual opportunistic self when asking MM to leave Edisto where he was able to take it all in (last supper with the family) before the demise of his family forever.

Tonight, I heard a talking head suggest an interesting theory where there could have been a heat-of-passion altercation between AM and PM at the kennels where PM said/did something wreaking of irresponsibility that was about to cost $$$ AM further (after AM spent the day preparing for the wrongful death hearing, and then challenged by his firm), and AM lost it on PM and witnessed by MM.

If I were defending AM, I think I'd be considering something like this that ties to AM's state of mind on June 7 when he'd been subjected to a boatload of bad news. MOO

I’ve thought of some instant incident vs long term murder planning for some time just based on how brutal this happened.

AM knew he could not let Paul live - he was looking at 25 years in prison and AM was going to lose everything the victims could get their hands on, also I think AM dad’s death was a relief of the pressure because he had to uphold the family name - ha! But I am sure his dad expected more from him. Paul being in jail was just to hard to swallow for him. And knowing his temperament and if they think the “you son of a” harassment was bad, PM would have gotten beat up in prison and more. He knew he couldn’t live up to the life standard they were used to and MM wasn’t going to stand by and just accept being dragged through the mud. If it came down to AM and PM - MM would choose PM every time. As hard as it is to swallow, he saw PM as a liability and MM too. If the murders didn’t happen they were going to eventually turn in him too. He thought it was the answer to save what he could of the family name. And prove he was “good enough” to be a Murdaugh. He never thought the murders would be investigated by non-good-old boys. He knew at the very least PM wouldn’t go to jail and MM wouldn’t divorce/betray him.
I agree. I have considered he planned a double murder then suicide and he just chickened out then had to cover it up in a panic.

My thoughts are going in circles trying to figure out why Alex picked that day to murder MM and PM.

Is it possible the motive for murdering MM and PM was AM "buying time" before his financial house of cards crumbled ? Alex gained control of MM's estate so would not need her agreeing to obtaining a new mortgage on one of the properties or could sell valuables she may have owned just to get some cash flowing in. He could have been hoping for a new settlement case so he would have access to PMPED's funds by claiming expenses for the case but pocketing the money.

Was his motive to avoid/put off having to disclose his financial information for the boat case hearing on the 10th ?

Was his motive simply to buy time to dig himself out of his financial crimes being exposed ?
If AM could have reimbursed the $792,000 would the PMPED CFO stop investigating AM's financial records within the law firm ? If he could get the Chief Financial Officer to stop investigating his business dealings would PMPED decide to drop the matter as long as AM resigned ?

Was he buying time in an attempt to avoid destroying the 100 year old Murdaugh legacy ?

If someone other than Alex had a life insurance policy on Maggie would LE be able to find that policy without the policy holder informing LE a policy exists

It doesn't make sense that Alex had a 10 million dollar policy on himself but nothing on Maggie.

My thoughts are going in circles trying to figure out why Alex picked that day to murder MM and PM.

Is it possible the motive for murdering MM and PM was AM "buying time" before his financial house of cards crumbled ? Alex gained control of MM's estate so would not need her agreeing to obtaining a new mortgage on one of the properties or could sell valuables she may have owned just to get some cash flowing in. He could have been hoping for a new settlement case so he would have access to PMPED's funds by claiming expenses for the case but pocketing the money.

Was his motive to avoid/put off having to disclose his financial information for the boat case hearing on the 10th ?

Was his motive simply to buy time to dig himself out of his financial crimes being exposed ?
If AM could have reimbursed the $792,000 would the PMPED CFO stop investigating AM's financial records within the law firm ? If he could get the Chief Financial Officer to stop investigating his business dealings would PMPED decide to drop the matter as long as AM resigned ?

Was he buying time in an attempt to avoid destroying the 100 year old Murdaugh legacy ?
^^bbm

In the defense's December 2022 motion to keep the financial misdeeds from being considered as evidence, it appears that the loan on the beach house was already approved--subject to the pending appraisal. I think MM not signing for a loan is proving to be another rumor without merit.

IMO, I think MM alluded to her preparing for the appraisal when she texted a friend that she had to leave the beach house open but trusted the workman ("the Mexicans") to lock up for her.

I think it's important to recognize that all Murdaugh's assets were previously jointly owned and had only recently been quitclaimed to MM (removing AM from the title) for obvious litigation purposes.

I don't believe that MM would ever hold out on AM's true collateral knowing the mortgages for everything now in MM's name were being paid by income earned by AM as they'd always been. MM was a homemaker who most likely left all financial matters to AM. JMO

If someone other than Alex had a life insurance policy on Maggie would LE be able to find that policy without the policy holder informing LE a policy exists

It doesn't make sense that Alex had a 10 million dollar policy on himself but nothing on Maggie.

I believe the receivers appointed by the court (after all the financial crimes were coming to light) have said there were no life insurance policies on Maggie or Paul.

Not necessarily. There's a good chance that the life policy on Alex was an employee benefit that he also may have upgraded and paid the surplus premium. If AM was earning six figures annually as we learned today, $10M seems appropriate for the life of the wage earner.

Also, one thing that's possible that we've not learned in this case is that AM may have allocated percentages of his life policy to include his beneficiaries (wife and children) where the beneficiaries are first to die insured. AM would still be named as the policyholder so it would not be public about MM or PM being insured unless AM made a claim on the policy.

The notion of first-to-die co-insured beneficiaries made big news after the murders of the Watts family by Chris Watts. The uninformed used the news of life insurance proceeds to throw shade on the parents for purchasing large life policies for their children when in fact there was only one life policy for the wage earner, Chris, who allocated small percentages to his beneficiaries (wife and children) if they should die before him.

As the beneficiary to the life proceeds, Chris was prohibited from benefiting from their deaths but the insurance proceeds were paid to the estate of the victims.

Hello, a newbie. So please accept any errors that I might make.

On the video showing a drooping tree planted and being observed, does it appear that sapling has been rutted or heavily marred perhaps by deer? The apparent light or debarked area above the tube that was to prevent such activity?

And if so, could that have also been a reason causing one to have need or arrange for a suitable weapon during the visit? In case someone chose perhaps to travel the grounds and attempt to locate or eradicate that problem?
Welcome to WebSlueths!

Thus far, there's no evidence that MM consulted a divorce lawyer and there's also no evidence that MM texted a friend she thought AM was acting fishy or that she wanted to meet AM at hospital versus going home to Moselle. I think if there was any evidence of divorce rumors, the state would have led with this information to support an additional financial motive.

In fact, evidence showed MM requested Bianca prepare a meal for the family before she left for the day. IMO, I think AM was being his usual opportunistic self when asking MM to leave Edisto where he was able to take it all in (last supper with the family) before the demise of his family forever.

Tonight, I heard a talking head suggest an interesting theory where there could have been a heat-of-passion altercation between AM and PM at the kennels where PM said/did something wreaking of irresponsibility that was about to cost $$$ AM further (after AM spent the day preparing for the wrongful death hearing, and then challenged by his firm), and AM lost it on PM and witnessed by MM.

If I were defending AM, I think I'd be considering something like this that ties to AM's state of mind on June 7 when he'd been subjected to a boatload of bad news. MOO

I don't believe AM "lost it" that evening over something his son said, as suggested by a "talking head." It doesn't explain the blue raincoat. It doesn't explain how he was able to shoot his son, then rapidly grab a shotgun to fire at a running Maggie. She was shot 5 times, including in her leg. He wanted to take her down, then while she was positioned on one knee with her head leaning forward, he shot her in the head with a fatal blow. Deja Vu with BarryMorphew chasing Suzanne around the exterior of their home with a dart gun.

However, I agree with you in that the victims were served their final meal at their favorite Hunting Lodge. I could hear the glee in Maggie's voice when she said, "It's a guinea!" Up and until they were killed, I think AM wanted them to have one last fun experience at their beloved Moselle. AM enjoyed a final hour or two with Paul as we heard them laughing over the tree.

Other than BarryMorphew, I've probably never detested a male killer as much as I do AlexMur-dock. Dock, as the Judge told the courtroom today. He deserves the Firing Squad if found guilty of their murders.

All MHOO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member