SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember. Did that gun test positive for blood? If the gun was already by the kennels, it may have gotten blood on it in the form of spatter/mist. I just can't remember if it's one of the things that did test positive.

JMO
I recall there was a positive presumptive test for blood on that gun, but I'm not 100% sure. I've been meaning to go back and try to find that testimony. I'll try to do that tonight.

Harpootian is harping on the tarpo.

I wish the prosecution had asked the caregiver if she could tell whether the tarp had sleeves.

Defense's show and tell of the tarp fell flat.

Prosecution's display of a balled up poncho, a blob of blue vinyl, rang true.

JMO

I am not a lawyer but the prosecution team today was a mess...from not letting witnesses finish, to jumping from topic to topic, to mishandling of evidence...it was confusing and convoluted...a terrible display of lawyering.

Agreed. It was sloppy and dragged out. They had the jurors before but too much begging indulgence and delay. I’d love to see a process for opening boxes and wrappers away from mics too as that got just about unbearable.

I get it now about why the family dogs being kenneled is significant. It’s probably obvious to others. Since these were the family pets, they’d normally be at the house. Maggie would be attached to them and want to see them.

That’s how AM got Maggie down to the kennel - he kenneled them purposely and used her love of the family pets to get her to that location to shoot her. Otherwise, she’d not be able to see Bubba and the two other labs during her visit. The dogs were the lure to get Maggie there.

I get it now about why the family dogs being kenneled is significant. It’s probably obvious to others. Since these were the family pets, they’d normally be at the house. Maggie would be attached to them and want to see them.

That’s how AM got Maggie down to the kennel - he kenneled them purposely and used her love of the family pets to get her to that location to shoot her. Otherwise, she’d not be able to see Bubba and the two other labs during her visit. The dogs were the lure to get Maggie there.
I'm liking it for if you know what the fish bite on, stick it on the hook.

The state's 31st witness is Bank of America's Natasha Moodie. She is questioned by prosecutor Johnny Ellis James Jr.

Newman tells the jury that they're about to hear about Murdaugh's alleged financial crimes. He tells them they can't consider this evidence in determining Murdaugh's character or his propensity to commit crimes. Just as evidence of his possible motive for the slayings.

Moodie helps the state admit Bank of America bank records into evidence. That's all for her. She steps down.

The state's 32nd witness is Jamie Hall, West Columbia Police Department evidence custodian. She worked in SLED's evidence department until March 2022. She is being questioned by prosecutor John Meadors.

Judge Clifton Newman has officially signed a 6-page order granting the state's motion to admit the financial crimes as evidence in this case.

Moore testifies she handled gunshot residue kits when she worked for SLED. She is now reviewing the GSR kit that was collected from the hands of Alex Murdaugh on the night of the slayings. 6/7/21.

Moore testifies the 6/7/21 GSR kit of Alex Murdaugh was collected properly, and she passed it along for analysis.

Moore is now testifying about testing for GSR the white T-shirt and green cargo shorts that Murdaugh was wearing on the night of the slayings.

My brain stopped working there, folks. It's Hall who is testifying, not Moore.

Hall testifies about testing the seat belt from Alex Murdaugh's 2021 Chevrolet Suburban.

Hall testifies about testing Alex Murdaugh's shoes on 6/8/21, the day after the slayings. Meadors elicits testimony that she noticed no blood anywhere on the shoes, top or bottom. Murdaugh told investigators he tried to check Maggie and Paul for pulses. Both were lying in blood.

At some point, I assume we are going to hear the results of all this testing. And I imagine he will learn that they tested + for GSR. (Murdaugh's attorneys have said he had small amounts of GSR on him, consistent with him picking up a shotgun from Moselle for his protection)

SLED tested Murdaugh's shirt, pants and shoes on 6/8/21, the day after the slayings. Chevy Suburban seatbelt was tested 9/1/21. The blue raincoat was tested 10/5/21.

The state finishes questioning Hall without establishing the results of the test. They were merely explaining how the tests were conducted and how thorough the state was in testing evidence.

On cross-examination, Griffin tries to establish that a subject can get GSR on them merely by picking up a firearm. Hall says she can't confirm that. She says that's a question for the analyst, SLED's Megan Fletcher.

HUGE moment that could shift the course of this trial Griffin: In your notes, you mention that Murdaugh’s shirt had small, reddish-brown stains on it. What did those small, reddish-brown stains look like? Hall: “They looked like small, reddish-brown stains.” Amazing.

Hall steps down after a gripping series of revelations. Court adjourns for the day. I'm sure the jury will be up all night thinking about this bombshell conclusion.

Story coming soon.

Whoops. I spoke too soon. The two sides are arguing now about the rain jacket and whether Smith's testimony - or anything else - connects Alex Murdaugh to the jacket.

Harpootlian suggests reviewing the daily transcript of Smith's testimony to determine what Smith actually said.

“She never said that what was in the closet is what he carried in," Harpootlian said. “It’s a very simple question. It boils down to what she said about what she saw in the closet.”

Judge Newman adjourns court without ruling one way or another. I imagine we will hear a great deal about this tomorrow.

It really tells you how confusing Shelley Smith's testimony was when the two sides can't agree and the judge holds off on ruling.

Also, more evidence that MM was not staying at the Moselle residence.
IMO, the dogs were typically inside and around the house because she was home. It follows they'd be kenneled with her gone and AM at work. Now the dogs were added to the chore list of the caretaker.

I am not a lawyer but the prosecution team today was a mess...from not letting witnesses finish, to jumpingSic
Sickening frankly. They are focusing so much on hte Financial crimes, and the mishandling of Evidence is insane! Suggesting throwing stuff out, not wearing gloves when handling. If there should ever be a Retrial(in case of Hung Jury), the evidence is Tainted and useless! OTOH, Tinsley was Fantastic. Whew.
As one podcaster/lawyer said, the Prosecutors have too much knowledge of All the crimes in their mind, and are not focusing on THIS Crime. She said she wishes people in their office would sit them down and get them to Focus on This crime. IMPOV, the Jury will be so confused, no way can make an intelligent decision, at least up to this point.
Maybe too bad they didn't move this Trial to another Jurisdiction? IDK...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lyle.person1