SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #19

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I may be wrong but I think AM kenneled the dogs after he shot MM and PM.
I'm not too sure that the dogs would have allowed AM to kennel them after witnessing him shoot Paul and Maggie. They may have headed for the hills. Has there been anything said about the dogs being in the kennels when LE arrived?

I've never seen a case that has gone into such depth out of the presence of the jury. It's like a trial inside a trial. If allowed these re-testimonies will add a whole week or more to the trial.
I also don't like how it lets the defense know ahead of time what a witness will likely say and the impact of that witness.

I just want to put a little light on how great Shelly Smith was today and the courage that she showed. I live in the Low Country and there are things down here in it's history that a lot of other areas and regions of the country don't have.

We are not too far removed from a time when it would have been absolutely inconceivable for an African American to utter a single negative sentence about a white person in public let alone in open court. That was practically a guarantee to have an after dark visit by men in white robes. While those days are thankfully gone that horrible legacy still lives on in people's memories. That mindset is even stronger in the islands and country regions of the state. There are plenty of old timers living in these areas who remember such things and lived thru them, and it still terrorizes them to this day. Throw on top of this the power that a family such as the Murdaugh's yielded for over 100 years and that fear becomes even more magnified.

Charleston likes to think that the old days of racism and the toxic history of slavery are in the past but it is a painful reality no matter how much people try to minimize it. It was only 7 years ago when a white punk went into a church and shot and killed 9 African Americans in a hate crime. I was also 7 years ago when a white cop shot and killed an unarmed black man who was running away from him and then tried to cover it up by lying. I can tell you from personal experience it's not far from the minds of many African Americans who have lived in this part of the country for generations. There is still a dark undercurrent of racism that exists here throughout sections of the Low Country where time seems to stand still. It's not talked about much but it's still there.

It makes what Shelly Smith did today that much more significant and powerful! The strength and bravery she showed today was incredible! Shame on AM for putting her through all of that.

Holy gosh! What is AM chewing on?
I believe that's a bitter pill he's trying to make smaller before swallowing. Others have said, tobacco, snuff, Tic Tac, and the proverbial inside lip. IDK but I have seen him doing these mouth antics many many times and it's really hard to watch. It's very distracting.
jmo

So both a blue tarp and a raincoat exist and both were located on the 2nd floor of Miss Libby's home.

Question: Did both the tarp and raincoat test positive for GSR?

ETA: Add tweet -- the tarp was never tested!

Forgot to mention, but Griffin earlier established with Moore that SLED did not test the blue tarp at all. Just the rainjacket.

This is not good.

I just want to put a little light on how great Shelly Smith was today and the courage that she showed. I live in the Low Country and there are things down here in it's history that a lot of other areas and regions of the country don't have.

We are not too far removed from a time when it would have been absolutely inconceivable for an African American to utter a single negative sentence about a white person in public let alone in open court. That was practically a guarantee to have an after dark visit by men in white robes. While those days are thankfully gone that horrible legacy still lives on in people's memories. That mindset is even stronger in the islands and country regions of the state. There are plenty of old timers living in these areas who remember such things and lived thru them, and it still terrorizes them to this day. Throw on top of this the power that a family such as the Murdaugh's yielded for over 100 years and that fear becomes even more magnified.

Charleston likes to think that the old days of racism and the toxic history of slavery are in the past but it is a painful reality no matter how much people try to minimize it. It was only 7 years ago when a white punk went into a church and shot and killed 9 African Americans in a hate crime. I was also 7 years ago when a white cop shot and killed an unarmed black man who was running away from him and then tried to cover it up by lying. I can tell you from personal experience it's not far from the minds of many African Americans who have lived in this part of the country for generations. There is still a dark undercurrent of racism that exists here throughout sections of the Low Country where time seems to stand still. It's not talked about much but it's still there.

It makes what Shelly Smith did today that much more significant and powerful! The strength and bravery she showed today was incredible! Shame on AM for putting her through all of that.
I felt terror for her. It was clear to me she was very frightened and I knew why. Fear and that powerless feeling amongst that kind of setting. She knows about that of course and her family and friends have all had to have talked about this since the beginning with her. She did SO good and pray it keeps her strong and safe feeling. It's still here and that never changes, but she lives there amongst the Murdaugh kind and she went against 'him'. I hate that he did that to her too and the other innocents testifying.

Oh for sure, I think everyone knows it was Alex and his cronies, not Bland! Bland is amazing in my book!

My lawyer crush is Justin Bamberg (Hakeem Pickney family's lawyer). I'd love to see him up there testifying to eviscerate Alex, but he's not on the list and not necessary to further the cause of showing Alex's financial crimes.

Hmmm... I'm thinking it more likely that if what appeared to be a tarp (in Ms. Smith's eyes) was carried inside the house by AM from outside wadded up in his arms, it follows that this plastic might later be found wadded up on the floor of a closet. In other words, I would not expect to find that same piece of plastic inside a storage container covering up dishes inside a storage container. However, I wouldn't be surprised to find that same plastic bundled up on the closet floor.

I believe it was the rain poncho that AM was carrying and not the tarp. JMO

2/6/23

Next witness: Kristin Moore​

Now on the witness stand for the State, Kristin Moore, a SLED special agent and crime scene investigator.

Moore recalling the search of Murdaugh's parents' house looking for a blue tarp material. She says she found a blue tarp in a closet in a second floor bedroom. Tarp was in a storage container. There were miscellaneous dishes under the tarp.

Moore says they continued to search, and found a blue raincoat in a coat closet on the second floor.

Moore confirms the rain coat was "jammed down" and "balled up" in the closet as opposed to hanging up like the rest of the coats. State introduces photo of Moore removing the blue rain coat from the closet.

Moore says the state tested the rain coat for suspected blood, and it was negative.

Savanna Goude was questioning for the State. She has nothing further. Jim Griffin now cross examining for the Defense.

Griffin brings up the blue tarp SLED seized along with the rain coat. Moore isn't aware of any tests for blood being done on that tarp the way they were for the coat. She says she didn't personally test if for anything.

I feel like the state did not test the tarp because they know the tarp “lives” there. Meaning the defense team say tarp, tarp, tarp because AM know his mother used it to store something and someone will testify it was always there. Mushelle said she had only been upstairs 2 times so maybe the other caretaker will testify it was always used for….something by AMs parents. There is a reason they didn’t test it.

I think she testified because she knew it was right but she was only giving yes or no answers to what she knew for certain and answer the questions posed to her. Meaning the evidence is the evidence and will fit to the truth. I think she has a habit of saying mm-hmm not as an answer but more of like a response to hearing the question and that made it confusing. She seemed scared to death to me. I think she is scared of AM but tried to get info to the police off the record so AM could retaliate. She was doing what she thought was best in spite of her fear. MOO

I believe that's a bitter pill he's trying to make smaller before swallowing. Others have said, tobacco, snuff, Tic Tac, and the proverbial inside lip. IDK but I have seen him doing these mouth antics many many times and it's really hard to watch. It's very distracting.
jmo

He's a head bobber too? Like father, like son!
Maybe Buster just read the writing on the wall. Hopefully when he testifies, he will tell the truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NysesPieces