SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Shows that AM can turn on the tears when he wants to!
Yup. I believe the tears were during a bench trial (i.e., no jury, case argued only before the Judge) for a client he'd never met (he was already deceased when AM joined the case)! In fairness, AM had met the wife of the decedent.

Also, I recently read of another Judge that AM was able to bamboozle -- this was for the Satterfield claim. Judge Mullen kept the Satterfield case out of public record allegedly to help AM disguise the recent award from the Boat case plaintiffs which also helped AM hide the settlement from the true beneficiaries -- Tony and Brian Satterfield! :eek:

This is a story from last August about Buster. Apparently he was kicked out of law school in 2019 for plagiarism. I'm sure Alex can't be one of judge though, or maybe he is even proud of it. It also discusses that annual SCAJ convention that Wilson and Tinsley talked about today.

As for the contemporary Buster, he is also no stranger to scandal having been kicked out of the University of South Carolina law school at the end of his second semester in 2019 after being accused of plagiarism, according to reporter Valerie Bauerlein of The Wall Street Journal. Getting Buster back into law school has been an obsession for Alex Murdaugh, who shelled out $60,000 to unscrupulous Columbia, S.C. attorney Butch Bowers in the hopes his son could be readmitted to the institution.

So far, those efforts have been unsuccessful …

Last weekend, though, Buster attended the annual South Carolina Association for Justice (SCAJ) convention on Hilton Head Island with his uncle, attorney Randolph “Randy” Murdaugh IV.

Known informally as the “Murdaughs’ playground,” the SCAJ conference has long been regarded as the epicenter of influence peddling within the Palmetto State’s notoriously corrupt system of “justice.”

On the first evening of this retreat, the former law firm of Peters, Murdaugh, Parker, Eltzroth and Detrick (PMPED) would host an exclusive, invitation-only “judge’s dinner” – spending thousands of dollars to wine and dine the very people they have historically relied upon for favorable rulings.

“Was always such a smelly tradition,” one source told me for a story I filed last year. “The judges loved it, though. The best wine and the best food. It was a big deal.”

According to my sources, Buster Murdaugh was “saying his rehearsed lines over and over” at the SCAJ gathering – and drinking his troubles away, apparently.

Here is one review of Buster’s performance from Lori Murray, a Midlands, S.C. attorney who runs a hugely popular TikTok account …

According to Murray’s sources, Buster Murdaugh attended the SCAJ event at the encouragement of his father and uncle in order to “maintain the relationships that they have built up over the years.”

Several of our sources at the event confirmed this speculation … referring to Buster and Randy’s presence at the gathering as a “charm offensive.”

Is that really all there is to it, though?

Or, is something bigger afoot ahead of the looming murder trial? Remember … this association is not only intrinsically linked to the Murdaugh family, it has been a key cog in the incestuous “move along, nothing to see here” cabal hoping to cauterize this scandal. You know … the group which would have you believe that South Carolina’s justice system is working just fine and that Alex Murdaugh is merely a “bad apple.”

I like Avery, but honestly...given that his info is coming from the Murdaugh defense team....I suspect the chances of them being 100% honest is pretty low. They are going to spin it to make it look less bad for their client.
Corrections professionals have to search everything that comes in for the inmates, so someone from a legal family grows up knowing that handing the defendant anything while in the courtroom is a big no-no. They have found LSD and other drugs glued between magazine and book pages. Also razor blades, notes, and whatever the miscreants can smuggle in, even guns. That family knew what they were doing. They simply did not expect to get caught. They should have caught charges. The judge has been more than fair, jmo.

This is a story from last August about Buster. Apparently he was kicked out of law school in 2019 for plagiarism. I'm sure Alex can't be one of judge though, or maybe he is even proud of it. It also discusses that annual SCAJ convention that Wilson and Tinsley talked about today.

AM seems to corrupt everyone he comes in contact with, like poison.

Corrections professionals have to search everything that comes in for the inmates, so someone from a legal family grows up knowing that handing the defendant anything while in the courtroom is a big no-no. They have found LSD and other drugs glued between magazine and book pages. Also razor blades, notes, and whatever the miscreants can smuggle in, even guns. That family knew what they were doing. They simply did not expect to get caught. They should have caught charges. The judge has been more than fair, jmo.

So they were sanctioned to sit two rows further behind the defense table.
Sweet. I just can't with the entitlement...:rolleyes:

The Behavior Panel??? I'm drawing a blank here
Go on YouTube and enter The Behavior Panel in the search bar. They are body language and interrogation technique professionals who have trained many people in their field. The specialize in interrogation, resistance to interrogation and deception. I would NOT want to be on the other side of the table from them....EVER!

It’s extremely in poor taste and opportunistic to try to profit from being a witness in a high profile case! Wow! Defense should def call whoever set up the Account. I’ve seen this exact scenario in another trial and defense called the daughter who set up the account.

The defense has turned Chris Wilson into a defense witness. This is all great testimony for the defense. The state’s case seems to be disorganized and heavily focused on the financial crimes with extremely thin evidence on the murders. The motive is a big stretch imo. I haven’t watched the whole trial from day one so I realize I may be missing key pieces. But from what I’ve seen and what’s been reported the state has major problems and a conviction is unlikely. They are going to confuse and bore the jury with all this financial crimes evidence.
And the prosecution still says they might end until Wednesday. The jury has already forgotten about any murder evidence. Prosecution's only hope is to hit a home run with the closing statement, with a detailed timeline. IMO they can only get a conviction on the circumstantial evidence and the jury's contempt for AM. I agree the motive is very weak, after hearing so much about AM loved his family. AM already knew he would soon be found out. Why kill his family?

I

I think a lot of this defense cross is killing time. Most times the cross examination in other trials can dispute what was testified in direct. Can't be done here.
Because the defense attorney are now thinking this motive approach is now in their favor, and they are drawing it out so the jury will forget the murder evidence. The defense must hammer the fact that AM loved his family and had no motive to kill them, because murdering his family would have only delayed the inevitable discovery of stolen money, not prevented it.

I am still wanting prosecution or someone here to clarify the Suburban data and how it helps the state's case at all. It's been said here before, and I agree, that it seems to support Alex's alibi and overall timeline.
Obviously we (and the jury) can't get around his voice on Paul's video. He clearly did it. But I am somewhat amazed as to how little other forensic evidence there seems to be given the timeline. He had ~20 minutes or less to get himself clean and dispose of all necessary evidence and actually seems to have done a pretty good job. Would we be here without the video? Probably not, there would just not be enough to have charged him. From what we have seen so far. This is all MOO. I hope PM and MM get justice but, unless I am missing something, this all seems to hinge on the video.
MOO
Also RE: retirement rocking chair. My Dad recently retired from being a lifelong professor at a pharmacy school in Indiana. He received an engraved rocking chair as well. So it's definitely a thing.
Absolutely agree. All the defense needs to do is concede AM was at the kennels at 8:44, but that he left soon after for the house and onto his mom's prior to the killings. All that phone and car system data, and Chris Wilson testimony about his calm demeanor matches AM's alibi except for the lie and what he told Shelley about the 30-40 minutes, which makes no sense why he would say that. That hurt his alibi. Much harder to prove he could have cleaned up a crime scene in 20 minutes. Defense then just needs to come up with a plausible reason why Alex would lie, such as, he's a chronic liar, or he panicked. Jury will find enough reasonable doubt. Only hope for prosecution is that the jury ignores the judge as to character, and finds him guilty for being a bad guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025