SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would be unwise of the defense to call either one. In MS testimony, AM was insinuating 30-40 minutes for his visit time and also mentioned something about helping her with her schooling (IRRC). She even discussed the matter with her brother I believe. That reeks of payoff to me and if AM was willing to 'buy' 30-40-minutes, they can't really claim it would be wrong for the public to help MS with her schooling? IMO it would shine a bright light on the Murdaugh double standard and I don't think the jury would appreciate that. I believe the jury would think AM was just P.O.'d that she didn't acquiesce. jmo

IMO, the defense would tailor the questioning so that she wouldn’t be able to testify to anything other than the issue. Thus not “opening the door” as any other testimony would likely to be relevant.

CoulD be wrong though; these goobers already opened the door wide on character accidentally prior to now.

I'm thinking about Mrs. Wilson, the caretaker, she's been hostage by this case for years, she's testified and now feels freedom from it. Her family has witnessed the stress and they want to help her and have seen the support for her. May not be the best timing for a G F M because the trial is still going on. JMO
Do you mean the Murdaugh mother, Miss Libby's home health aide, Ms. Smith?

Sorry if I'm dense, but how does that play in to this? Murders wouldn't be covered I'm sure.
I don't know if it could. But if the insurance was in MM's name because she was the owner? Both her and PM were killed on the property by firearms from the property. Is Hunting Lodge insurance just insurance for any deaths on the property? Or does that mean only accidental deaths by firearms on the property?

I'm thinking about Mrs. Wilson, the caretaker, she's been hostage by this case for years, she's testified and now feels freedom from it. Her family has witnessed the stress and they want to help her and have seen the support for her. May not be the best timing for a G F M because the trial is still going on. JMO
I mean Mrs. Smith!! Sorry

I like Avery, but honestly...given that his info is coming from the Murdaugh defense team....I suspect the chances of them being 100% honest is pretty low. They are going to spin it to make it look less bad for their client.

Chanley Painter (Court TV Closing Argument, tonight) was seated in the (new to the Murdaugh family) row further behind the defense, and cited two violations responsible for the court moving them back a couple of rows:

First, during the bomb scare on Wednesday, BM allegedly audibly said "I love you" to AM as security took him away and they are not supposed to talk to the defendant inside the courtroom. Second, AM's sister handed a book to DH's paralegal intended for AM which would be considered contraband for not going through the jail approval.

Chanley didn't fuel the additional rumors by FITNEWS about the finger salute by BM to a witness or kicking a water bottle. MOO

I don't see a single issue with the Go Fund Me for the caregiver for AM's mom. It is not as if donors can vote for her to say or do something in particular in the trial, and her testimony was concluded. I think every heart in hearing range broke when she testified. She is terrified, conflicted, and has to live every day with the emotional wreckage from this family and how it is forever tied to her in the public eye.

People are allowed to donate to whatever cause they care about. MT saw another victim of AM, and he had the human response that a non-psychopath has to the suffering of others- he wanted to help. It goes to his credibility and kindness. How would anyone benefit inappropriately from this? I think he will have a lovely opportunity to explain why he felt compelled to donate to her if they happen to ask; she was another person AM tried to use like a tool for his purposes.

I think it was an act of love when her daughter set it up- she was proud and wanted to recognize the heroic effort it took to speak truth to power.

JMO.

I really like the prosector Creighton Waters. I think he's doing a great job. Because it's a circumstantial case with blood evidence, firearms, phones, cars, and a complicated alleged financial motive, many witnesses are needed to prove the case. He has to present it in accordance with the rules of evidence and can't just explain it all to the jury. I'm sure he'd love to. It sounds like the lead SLED agent on the case, David Owen, will help weave things together when he gets on the stand. And Waters can bring it all together in closing arguments. I have great admiration for Waters. JMO.

Chanley Painter (Court TV Closing Argument, tonight) was seated in the (new to the Murdaugh family) row further behind the defense, and cited two violations responsible for the court moving them back a couple of rows:

First, during the bomb scare on Wednesday, BM allegedly audibly said "I love you" to AM as security took him away and they are not supposed to talk to the defendant inside the courtroom. Second, AM's sister handed a book to DH's paralegal intended for AM which would be considered contraband for not going through the jail approval.

Chanley didn't fuel the additional rumors by FITNEWS about the finger salute by BM to a witness or kicking a water bottle. MOO

The book, the finger and the I love you are another example of the Murdaugh entitlement mindset. I hope the judge is counting the misdeeds.

I'm not going to judge the daughter/family who started the Go - Fund - Me. I can't imagine what they must be going through and what they went through.
My heart goes out to Shelly -- she WAS so brave. I'm not judging her I just think her daughter didn't know better -- she didn't see how this could be a problem at this time. I'd love to send Shelly a food hamper or flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member