SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waters is trying to condense Tinsley’s testimony and not let him get lost in the weeds
And yet he returns in the morning.

Just an observation and bit off topic but some of these guys are dressed to the nines. As always trials like these are a national advertisement for them. Tinsley is one of them, his suit was beautiful both times he's testified. Just something I'm noticing.

Alex learned what its like to be on the receiving end of a lawsuit. It didn't matter that Paul, Buster and the store that sold the booze might have been equally or more responsible for the boat crash. Because Alex was allegedly culpable (negligent supervision) and he had the deep pocket, he was the one that they were going after civilly. JMO.

A John Grisham book??? Wonder which one. I can't remember all the plot lines of all his books but surely there's one that comes close to this saga. The jail library must be small. IF AM needs books, send them from the publisher like everyone else has to do (or is that just for prisons). They still don't understand the rules are for everyone. It's making them look dense rather than entitled. I cannot imagine BM on the stand called by the prosecution. If they call him better add more lightening rods on the roof. jmo

That link doesn’t work but the one I found said they’re refunding the money because the recipient’s family is doing their own fundraiser. Haha! And apparently now they’re claiming it’s for her bravery! So give us cash for providing truthful testimony? They definitely edited the original message that was there after it blew up in their face!

https://www..com/f/mutual-aid-for-a-courageous-woman

That link doesn’t work but the one I found said they’re refunding the money because the recipient’s family is doing their own fundraiser. Haha! And apparently now they’re claiming it’s for her bravery! So give us cash for providing truthful testimony? They definitely edited the original message that was there after it blew up in their face!

Strange, I am not sure what is going on now. I am looking at it right now and people are still donating. I do recall the initial fundraiser mentioned that she had to take a leave of absence from her job due to the trial.

The reason it doesn’t work is due to the site name being edited out of the url . Either search “for her bravery” at the said website or put the 8 letters of the site between the periods in the quoted url.

This isn’t what Alex testified to. He hasn’t said anything during trial.
This is what investigators claimed that he said.
Which, IMO, is why the defense is trying to paint the investigation as flawed, sloppy, unprofessional. IMO the defense will try to discredit the investigative techniques of SLED.
We have heard recordings of Alec telling LE that he was never down at the kennels -- that he watched TV and took a nap.

Apparently SLED senior special agent David Owen is supposed to be a critical witness who will tie the evidence together for the State and explain how the investigation led to the arrest of AM. Another important investigation witness is supposed to be Ryan Neill, a SLED regional captain.

"According to my sources, the prosecution’s direct examination of Owen will take at least one full day – but unlike Friday afternoon’s mostly perfunctory testimony, it will tell a story based on the evidence already introduced.

“He is going to be responsible for presenting the investigative case,” another source familiar with Owen’s testimony told me.

Owen and Neill are also expected to carry the weight of rebutting Harpootlian and Griffin’s theory that the state “rushed to judgment” in accusing Murdaugh of these crimes."

Strange, I am not sure what is going on now. I am looking at it right now and people are still donating. I do recall the initial fundraiser mentioned that she had to take a leave of absence from her job due to the trial.
Ok I found it - this one has her picture so I think the one I found might be someone else. They definitely edited the reason and are going with straight bravery now!

https://www..com/f/for-her-bravery

Miller Shealy, a former state and federal prosecutor and current professor at the Charleston School of Law, told The Post and Courier he had never seen a fundraiser for a traumatized witness.

But Shealy said he didn’t see anything improper as long as its organizers are truthful and people know where their money is going.

“I have never heard of such a thing, but I don’t have any reason to believe it is improper,” Shealy said.

Shortly after Barber raised the issue with Judge Newman, someone donated $10 to the campaign in his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025