SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
A little late now! I really marvel at how far we’ve fallen as a society that people just can’t grasp that’s everything isn’t about them! This is a murder trial! Double murder! Claiming hardship as a witness and asking for financial support is so out of touch!
No. The witness never claimed hardship.

I’m surprised that somebody didn’t fly out of a hunting stand and hire one of the lowcountry lawyers to sue the club/not club.
I wonder how much of a write off he took on his taxes for Moselle. Guns, ammo, dogs vet bills, dog food, atvs, gas, groundskeeper, sunflower seeds....I guess I'll have to wait for the income tax evasion trial to find out since it won't come out in this trial. moo

As someone else said: "That man survived stage 4 cancer and the defendant actively tried to hide funds from his client and blame someone else for killing his client’s daughter to save his abusive, belligerent underage drinking son. Tinsley gives 0 crap!!"

No wonder the defense wanted MT excluded from testifying …. He has a lot of very interesting information to share, even though it’s taken a while to wade through. I would prefer that he was more concise instead of being quite so descriptive, but I think he’s a very important witness, IMHO …

Coverage for a hunting lodge business which he didn't have.....
jmo
he could have had a private or among friends and clients hunting business It is not uncommon in my area of the Lowcountry for hunters to rent/lease private hunting land for the season, weekend, day or trade off hunting for car repair. My husband and his co-workers leased private hunting land - or rather the privilege to hunt on private land one year and leased hunting privilege on land owned by International Paper Company for 2 deer seasons.

I really don’t think the Defense can make any points with these ‘character witnesses.’

We have seen a parade of people who trusted AM as a long-time employer…or who truly loved him as a friend and cared for his family…or who held him as a community leader in the highest esteem.

Every single one of them…he betrayed in some way. He lied to them, stole from them, NONE of their devotion to HIM was returned in kind. We are seeing and feeling their emotions toward HIM but in return, what did each of them get FROM him?

Betrayal after betrayal! Sure they can say that they thought he was a devoted family man…but they also thought he was a devoted friend, an honest boss, a highly reputable lawyer.

He was never any of those things!

When i think of the Murdaugh family, I will remember Paul slapping his girlfriend on the boat. MM and RM III sweeping callously past a devastated family denied their privilege to cross the police tape; AM‘s treatment of the Satterfield brothers while he indulged his own family with their money; Buster’s behavior in court.

I will leave that without further comment.
The way I think of the Murdaugh family is to compare it to a "Facebook Family" that is always portrayed as a real "Hallmark family". Everything portrayed to the public looks perfect but is false in reality. JMO

Would regular homeowner's insurance cover death due to murder on the property ?

I dont like Dick's antagonistic attitude towards witnesses.

Nor his insinuation after he struck his own question on cross.

His constant walking around during direct was irritating and showed more to me the lack of respect he had towards others and especially Tony.

Tony handled it well and with dignity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members