SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder if he actually did have an "addiction" or if it could be some other connection to Cousin Eddie and his exploits AM was associated with? Just a thougt.
One theory floating around is that he had to make this story up to hide a worse truth, that he knows who the killers are and can't reveal it or else other families will die.

Absolutely agree. All the defense needs to do is concede AM was at the kennels at 8:44, but that he left soon after for the house and onto his mom's prior to the killings. All that phone and car system data, and Chris Wilson testimony about his calm demeanor matches AM's alibi except for the lie and what he told Shelley about the 30-40 minutes, which makes no sense why he would say that. That hurt his alibi. Much harder to prove he could have cleaned up a crime scene in 20 minutes. Defense then just needs to come up with a plausible reason why Alex would lie, such as, he's a chronic liar, or he panicked. Jury will find enough reasonable doubt. Only hope for prosecution is that the jury ignores the judge as to character, and finds him guilty for being a bad guy.

Well there is this which I find interesting. I'm posting this as someone's opinion but it is based on fact that has been entered into the court. If mods need to delete this then so be it but it definitely is a concern and eye opening. The data doesn't add up compared to Alex's timeline.

Well there is this which I find interesting. I'm posting this as someone's opinion but it is based on fact that has been entered into the court. If mods need to delete this then so be it but it definitely is a concern and eye opening. The data doesn't add up compared to Alex's timeline.

I doubt that this is lost on the prosecution, I thought it was an obvious inconsistency too.

Last edited:
Oh wow, the money AM stole helped support the myth of his success amongst his peers.

I might have a tiny crush on Mr Tinsley! I loved his story of AM crying during a closing speech in a 2005 case. AM, it seems, can emote at will.

I appreciated the irony of AM having already exhausted, (and stolen) his insurance limits, before the boat crash. I suspect, even if this wasn't the case, the boat crash wouldn't have been resolved easily-they wanted him to pay, and I understand why-but it certainly closed that door completely. Karma, a delicious irony, the wheels of justice-whatever we call it, it completely serves him right!

Defense moves to exclude Tinsley testimony after donation to witness who testified against Murdaugh - The State

Alex Murdaugh’s defense team unsuccessfully tried Thursday to get the testimony of a witness at his murder trial thrown out after they say he made a payment to another witness on the donation website .

Defense attorney Phil Barber asked Judge Clifton Newman to exclude testimony from Mark Tinsley, the attorney for the family of Mallory Beach, who died in a 2019 boat crash involving Murdaugh’s late son, Paul.

Barber flagged Tinsley for making a $1,000 payment on a page raising money for Mushelle “Shelly” Smith, the caregiver for Murdaugh’s mother, who previously testified to Murdaugh’s behavior on the night of his wife and son’s murders.

“He’s made a financial payment to the witness, in a case where he has a direct financial interest,” Barber said to Newman, who declined to exclude Tinsley’s testimony but said what Tinsley told the jury about the page would make “good fodder for cross-examination.”

After Newman’s decision to let Tinlsey testify, he became the day’s final witness late Thursday, testifying for 54 minutes before the judge adjourned court for the day before prosecutor Creighton Waters had finished his direct examination.

I respect Smith for giving some difficult testimony, but starting crowdfunding campaigns for witnesses is probably a bad precedent. Poor judgment by Tinsley too.

Agree. So you saw them 5 minutes before they were murdered, WHERE they were murdered, then leave that part out an hour later when you call 911?? What reason would you have for doing that other than you were the one who killed them?
He would have been better off saying “I last saw them at the kennels, then headed back up to the house to take a nap.” But he didn’t say that, because it’s not what happened and he didn’t know he was on video.
MOO
Isn't it more believable that he lied to protect himself because he had just left prior to the murders? Less believable to me that he killed his own family, and that he had time to clean up a crime scene in 15-20 minutes.

Yes!!! I commented on THIS earlier!!!

If you want to learn about true crime and crime staging are you in luck. Dr. Pettler is holding a webinar next Thursday. Check out the link.

Intro to The Murder Room Death Investigation Method - Webinar - February 16, 2023
SKU: 021623-IMRDIM
$79.00
Instructor: Laura Pettler, PhD, MS, LPI

Hours: 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm EST

Yes they did and I've never seen them dismantle someone in seconds the way they did Alex today! And they've looked at some pretty big interviews.
I just watch it and it's very compelling information. A lot of the things they mentioned I did notice but didn't really know some of the significance behavioral-wise. Fascinating video.

I have a gun question. If I have someone builds me a firearm, like AM had someone do, does that builder keep test shot from those weapons? Are they required to do that? Or even if I go to a gun store and buy a firearm, has it been test fired before sale or even before delivery to the store?

I THOUGHT I had seen Buster do that! Sorry, but whatever the claims about how polite they might be by some of those testifying, those boys were just not raised right.

Some who have reached a certain level of privilege teach their young that "to whom much is given, much is expected" and they teach humility, care for and obligation to the well-being of others, and the Jeffersonian ideal that "all men are created free and equal." I see none of that here.
The contrast between Alex and Maggie’s two boys versus Gloria’s two boys is astounding, and for so many reasons. To compare and contrast the surroundings into which they were born, what resources they had (or didn’t), the modeling of their parent/s, the entitlement vs the apparent poverty, the education, the social circles, and THE SOULS and CHARACTERS of both parties is quite striking. I’d rather my kids hang with the likes of Tony over Buster ANY day!!

Absolutely agree. All the defense needs to do is concede AM was at the kennels at 8:44, but that he left soon after for the house and onto his mom's prior to the killings. All that phone and car system data, and Chris Wilson testimony about his calm demeanor matches AM's alibi except for the lie and what he told Shelley about the 30-40 minutes, which makes no sense why he would say that. That hurt his alibi. Much harder to prove he could have cleaned up a crime scene in 20 minutes. Defense then just needs to come up with a plausible reason why Alex would lie, such as, he's a chronic liar, or he panicked. Jury will find enough reasonable doubt. Only hope for prosecution is that the jury ignores the judge as to character, and finds him guilty for being a bad guy.
AM can't concede to being there at that time. As soon as the dog video was taken, within a minute and half, IIRC, there was no activity or movement of PM's phone by PM. His buddy was waiting on PM to send the video like he said he would. He texted and called PM, no response. AM was at the crime scene with the victims when they died. He didn't leave Moselle, texting MM as he did so, until just after 9pm. That all seems to be pretty damning evidence, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member