SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #21

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I will need to see all these times and dates tracking the cell phones written down so I can review. However, I do believe that PM’s friend Rogan Gibson’s chocolate Labrador, who was featured in the video, nailed the voice of AM to the kennel area that night. The video evidence and the long trail of cell phone data, as well as the data from the infotainment system of AM’s vehicle, should be enough evidence to sway the jury. Being the grandmother of several chocolate labs, I will be ecstatic if “Chase” the chocolate lab helps convict AM. All the above in my opinion …
I’m replying to myself to make a correction to my post (it was too late to edit) …. the chocolate lab’s name that belongs to Rogan Gibson is “CASH” … I think I wrote Chase as I had recently watched The Behavior Panel on YouTube and my favorite panelist on there is Chase … I think this trial is killing off my brain cells!

…Griffin tries to establish with Tuten that Paul liked working with his hands, so he wasn’t *always* on his phone. Tuten doesn't really agree. Griffin: But Paul had a habit of putting his phone down while he worked and forgetting it, then having to find it later. Tuten agrees….

But we do know for AM’s own admission (to Law Enforcement during his taped interviews following the murders) that he pulled the phone out of Paul’s pocket.

So, if the Defense is trying to imply from Tuten’s testimony that PM out the phone down and forgot where it was the night of the murder, this is untrue. The phone was on PM’s person, in his pocket.

I don't think I've seen anyone discussing this aspect of it, so I'll bite the bullet and go there.

Maggie and Alex were married only a year before my husband and I got married.

After all these years of marriage, my husband knows with all certainty whether I wear underwear under my pajama bottoms. Heck, he knew that information quite well even before we'd been married a year. I will not incriminate myself further than that. :)

So, to me, the fact that Maggie's housekeeper knew that info but whoever laid out the pajamas (on the floor??? in a doorway??) didn't leads me to two different thoughts:

1) Alex and Maggie had not shared a bedroom and/or been intimate in a fair bit. Even if they weren't intimate and hadn't been for a long time, if you are sharing a room with your spouse they see you getting dressed/undressed and they would know your underwear and pajama preferences.

2) Someone other than Alex put out those pajamas and underwear before SLED came into the house. If Alex told someone else to do it, he might have told them "put out her pajamas"--meaning it quite literally, while the person who got that order interpreted that to mean pajamas and underwear from their own assumptions. If this supposed person did it of their own volition without an order or without consulting Alex, they included the underwear based on their own assumptions about Maggie's nightwear habits.

And yes, in theory this could be a recent change in Maggie's preferences, but I think Blanca would have made that clear in her statement. And I think we can safely assume that SODDI didn't murder Paul and Maggie while Alex was gone, go up the house, and stage the pajamas and underwear.

(I can't believe I'm analyzing a crime victim's underwear usage and its implication on her sex life/state of marriage in regards to how it points to someone other than Maggie putting out the clothes. But I think it's a valid point.).
Wonder if it could have been Buster? Jmo

So sad to see these young men who were lifelong friends of Paul, testifying in the trial of Alex for his murder. I cannot imagine how awful that must feel. Paul died as quickly as he was betrayed, but they live with the shock and senselessness of that betrayal still.
Yes, you can clearly see and hear their sadness. I found Nathan Tuten today to be a serious young man, clearly not looking forward to re-living the death of his friend.

So, what do we think of Blanca, the Murdaugh’s housekeeper, finding Maggie's wedding ring in her Mercedes after the killings?
-why was it there?
-had it been missing?
-I know it could be used to say she took it off but how will it be used in evidence?

I’m replying to myself to make a correction to my post (it was too late to edit) …. the chocolate lab’s name that belongs to Rogan Gibson is “CASH” … I think I wrote Chase as I had recently watched The Behavior Panel on YouTube and my favorite panelist on there is Chase … I think this trial is killing off my brain cells!
I was there yesterday, replaced the last name of Smith with Wilson - too much info!

Got em up here in MI. too, it's a drug in the form of a doughnut lol.
Exactly !!
Before we got them in MI, my mom would always bring back a grocery bag full when she visited family in Wisconsin LOL
We were thrilled when they were available in Michigan.

I missed most of the trial today so just catching up.

I am just now watching the housekeeper's testimony then on to the others.

I did think all the financial info yesterday was interesting and wondering what tomorrow will bring.

I am still appalled at BM's immature actions this week.
Apple not too far from this tree, IMO

I missed the whole day. What was the main takeaway?

But we do know for AM’s own admission (to Law Enforcement during his taped interviews following the murders) that he pulled the phone out of Paul’s pocket.

So, if the Defense is trying to imply from Tuten’s testimony that PM out the phone down and forgot where it was the night of the murder, this is untrue. The phone was on PM’s person, in his pocket.
I totally agree. It's not likely that PM forgot he put his phone in his pocket. I think the defense blew that one. In trying to insinuate PM didn't always answer right away or return texts and calls quickly because he forgot where his phone was, JG overlooked the evidence by admission by their very own defendant where the phone was.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop