SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #24

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Not trying to be a smartass, but being that AM was a hunter, would he not have been able to shoot more accurately with less shots?
IMO killing people is far different from hunting and killing birds and mammals. The way these people were killed fits right in with my thoughts about AM being the shooter. IMO, if he thought it would be like killing a deer or a hog, he was in for a rude awakening and because he didn't manage a one shot kill, he kept pulling the trigger.

I know we don't have to know exact motive or what the specific tipping point is in order to know Alex did this, but I keep thinking about the order of events. Why this day, what was different. He was confronted about stealing. He finds out his dad is dying. Those are two big things to happen in close time frame. What does he do? He asks the CFO for information about his 401K and says he's doing something for the boat case hearing coming up later that week.

I looked up 401K and if they are touchable by a civil suit and the answer is no. The only way a 401K is in play is by divorce, it is considered marital assets and also the IRS can access it. So why would he be wanting the 401K info for the civil case if that isn't something that could be touched? Why did he want that information, that day, right before he leaves work to go home and murder his family? Was he searching for another way out? Was this something that tipped him toward feeling he had no other choice, was it something he was looking at to see if he could possibly have enough in there to pay off these debts he had from stealing?

I see this man who I do think loved his family. I think some of the tears we see are because he did this awful thing.. he made a mess of his life and if things didn't come to a head like they did, I don't believe he would have killed them. I don't think he wanted them dead, I think he wanted out of this mess he was in and that is what he finally felt was the only way out. I am not sure why he didn't just end his own life if he couldn't deal with the fallout of all his problems. Instead he thought he could distract from these problems and create some other narrative to attempt to get himself out of this mess. It's just sad and maybe there is just never going to be a reason that makes any sense. I just think something was the final straw that tipped him over to deciding this is it, the only way I see out.
Maybe he was thinking about fleeing/disappearing, you'd need funds for both? His 401K was substantial funds.

I know we don't have to know exact motive or what the specific tipping point is in order to know Alex did this, but I keep thinking about the order of events. Why this day, what was different. He was confronted about stealing. He finds out his dad is dying. Those are two big things to happen in close time frame. What does he do? He asks the CFO for information about his 401K and says he's doing something for the boat case hearing coming up later that week.

I looked up 401K and if they are touchable by a civil suit and the answer is no. The only way a 401K is in play is by divorce, it is considered marital assets and also the IRS can access it. So why would he be wanting the 401K info for the civil case if that isn't something that could be touched? Why did he want that information, that day, right before he leaves work to go home and murder his family? Was he searching for another way out? Was this something that tipped him toward feeling he had no other choice, was it something he was looking at to see if he could possibly have enough in there to pay off these debts he had from stealing?

I see this man who I do think loved his family. I think some of the tears we see are because he did this awful thing.. he made a mess of his life and if things didn't come to a head like they did, I don't believe he would have killed them. I don't think he wanted them dead, I think he wanted out of this mess he was in and that is what he finally felt was the only way out. I am not sure why he didn't just end his own life if he couldn't deal with the fallout of all his problems. Instead he thought he could distract from these problems and create some other narrative to attempt to get himself out of this mess. It's just sad and maybe there is just never going to be a reason that makes any sense. I just think something was the final straw that tipped him over to deciding this is it, the only way I see out.
End his own life, don't think he had the berries too so just keep playing the diversion game with authorites.

Then why even fill out an inmate form with a charges column? Did Eddie not go willingly so they had to make it offical on the record he was taken into custody? Just seems weird to me

Paper work. If the attorney or Eddie felt in danger and the prison did nothing about it they would be on the hook if anything happened to him if they ignored him. This way the jail says, we listened and decided to move him to another location and it's offiical.

Angenette asked GiGi (both are w/Law & Crime) about communication between AM and BM:

A: Do you see any change since the beginning of the trial?

G: Not really. He hasn’t engaged with his dad much at all unless it’s hello or good-bye. We know that they were moved back so it’s not easy to communicate. Alex does not turn around anymore to even make eye contact unless he’s coming in or leaving so I know it. He (BM) did give that publication - don’t assume that I support my dad, but then he is sitting in a few rows behind AM.

BUT, his dad is a defendant.

Here is an early article

When asked by the outlet if he’s supporting his father, Buster said, “I don’t want to see it written anywhere that I’m supporting my father,” according to the Daily Mail.

When Alex is shaking his head while Kinsey was describing the sequence of events, it looks like it's because he is nodding his head thinking to himself, "yep, that's exactly how it happened, good job, sir." jmo
Yes! I was thinking are you agreeing? The body language experts are going to have lots of material to work with

Angenette asked GiGi (both are w/Law & Crime) about communication between AM and BM:

A: Do you see any change since the beginning of the trial?

G: Not really. He hasn’t engaged with his dad much at all unless it’s hello or good-bye. We know that they were moved back so it’s not easy to communicate. Alex does not turn around anymore to even make eye contact unless he’s coming in or leaving so I know it. He (BM) did give that publication - don’t assume that I support my dad, but then he is sitting in a few rows behind AM.

BUT, his dad is a defendant.

Here is an early article

When asked by the outlet if he’s supporting his father, Buster said, “I don’t want to see it written anywhere that I’m supporting my father,” according to the Daily Mail.
I've seen looks transpire when AM has turned to face his son or brother JMM. Buster always had a friendly face or nod for him. JMO

Couple of things. 9:06.

The tire impression on Maggie paired with the fresh GPS data on Alec's vehicle leave me feeling confident that the three of them rode from the house to kennels together in the ATV.

Then Alec did a little magic. IMO nearly simultaneously he used the ATV to dispose of Maggie's phone while using (MOO) a remote starter on his vehicle, effectively putting himself in two places at once.

JMO
The State's phone expert testified yesterday that Maggie's phone would not have recorded any orientation changes from 9:07pm to 9:31pm because the screen was off and her phone was locked -- meaning her phone could have been thrown during that time span. JMO.

Starting at 8:50:35.

Kinsey's slide with the digital legs helped me really understand how Paul was standing. Well done sir, well done.
I agree. And it is chilling to think PM would turn to see that his father was aiming that gun at him.

Whatever his faults and whatever harm he’d done to his friends, family, and the extended family‘s 4-generation-old reputation through his irresponsibility and recklessness, PM deserved a fair hearing and if found at fault (crimInally and/or civilly), penalty according to the law - not murder by a self-appointed judge and executioner.

You can't wrap your head around it because you are normal. Unfortunately, murders like this happen all of the time.
The only way as I put it "Embrace the madness" shut of as much empathy if you can then cast yourself into the most desperate situation you've had to deal with then add AM's problems, spooky ain't it.

The fact that Griffin in cross examination referenced ‘cousin Eddie’ and thus opened the door for Eddie to take the stand ….
Was that a mistake on Griffin’s part? Are the rest of the defence team upset that he opened this door? Is Alex upset by this turn of events?

I had to leave for awhile and am now back catching up on live feed. DH is appearing “Desperate“ in my opinion and he’s really annoying me, plus he seems so disorganized. Dr. K really holds his own and I think he’s a brilliant witness, so clear to understand.

Every time BM does that, I wonder if that is authentic response or a trained mask. AM is a dangerous man, even to a son.
The most dangerous type IMO. He was laughing and cutting up with his son as they road around the property just minutes before he ambushed him and stood within 3 feet of him and snuffed him out with a shotgun blast that removed his brain from his skull. If that isn't scary, I don't know what is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Neilyboy13