SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've wondered about the caretaker's house and have never remembered to ask you all about it.

The caretaker's house (sometimes they call it the cabin, I think) is right there where the driveway to farm buildings meets Moselle Rd. Could AM have run over there at 70 steps/minute, cleaned up, and changed? I don't recall anyone ever saying the caretaker's house was searched or thought about by LE.

Can see a small building near the entrance on Google maps.

View attachment 403797

View attachment 403798
Yellow arrow marks hangar and kennel area where bodies were found. The red arrow points to the caretaker's cabin. Also check out our MEDIA thread for this case. Lots of photos there.
Bingo! That's got to be where he cleaned up.

JMO

Trying to catch up. So much to process.

Something I noticed (I'm sure others did too), not only did he change his shirt and pants but also his shoes. He is wearing short sleeved button up blue shirt, long khaki pants and loafers in the tree video with Paul. Then when he meets the cops at the crime scene he is in khaki shorts, white T-shirt and sneakers. That I find unusual, especially if there is no mention of it in his account of that evening. Where are those items?

Secondly, when watching the bodycam footage and looking at layout diagrams and scene photos, I am perplexed by the idea that he found Paul first. If we are to believe that the black suburban is right there, with the glaring headlights, in the bodycam footage: how did he not see MM first when he got out? Yet he claims he discovered PM first, checked his pulse, tried to turn him over, took out his phone looked at it, laid it back on Paul's body. Then went to MM, checked her pulse, too. Then called 911. All happening within 19 seconds. I find that a bit unbelievable, factoring in the surprise/shock factor one would expect at coming upon something so grisly and unexpected. How the heck did he not get *some* blood traces on his hands, clothing, knees, or shoes in doing the actions he claimed?

About Alex and his fat fingers doing a restaurant search within the hour of his 911 call, if there was a reasonable explanation for that action, surely defense would have offered it. "Trying to locate Buster" would have sounded a whole lot better than fat fingers. If it was fat fingers, what was so important that he was googling anything at that time? Methinks there's no good reason and the defense knows it.

jmo
The gang apparently being blamed for it is called the Walterboro Cowboys- could Alex have been quickly googling them to make sure he sounded like he knew what he was talking about? He quickly types the W-a-l...and google completes the search terms for him, BAM, Waleys!
MOO

Plant??! He was accused by ?? as having Planted Jurors in Trials in the past, but no clue how...MOO
HA...is that why a John Grisham book was passed on to his atty, and possibly to him ?? The Runaway Jury, perhaps ??

Yeah, I know,... it's reaching, but I wouldn't put anything past this family and corrupt attorneys, JS

Just my Saturday night musings.

About Alex and his fat fingers doing a restaurant search within the hour of his 911 call, if there was a reasonable explanation for that action, surely defense would have offered it. "Trying to locate Buster" would have sounded a whole lot better than fat fingers. If it was fat fingers, what was so important that he was googling anything at that time? Methinks there's no good reason and the defense knows it.

jmo
Lol, I just realized my theory about Alex maybe just failing at googling the Walterboro Cowboys, only works if he happens to think Walterboro is spelled with a "wh". Idk:)

I could be wrong, but I believe the skinning shed is at the top of this photo

I believe this is the caretakers cabin. If you are facing what I think is the skinning shed above, it would be just to the right

Here is an overview that shows both

Just watched Emily D Baker, Law and Lumber+, and they all complained about this trial, how both sides have played fast and loose, asking Leading questions, which are not generally allowed. Emily, a former California Prosecutor said this case should not have been brought, as there is much Info/Proof missing, and AM is already in Jail, so no rush. They also noted that it's obvious the Prosecutor was hungry to convict AM. Emily also thinks it's very possible AM knew the actual Killers, but may have not done the crime himself, so she might have charged him with complicity. They all also have doubts about the exact times of death. The podcast is Friday Night Frenzy/ Murdaugh Murder Trial-Prosecution Rests (Law and Lumber) on Youtube.
Listened, and can see some of their criticism, but You All and I have watched, gone back and forth, pointed out what WE have noticed, and I still feel he is Guilty as sin, But while one lawyer thinks Guilty verdict, the others thing perhaps Hung Jury. If I were a taxpayer in SC, I would be furious if they my tax dollars were wasted. Just MOO
Wanted to make you aware and get Your input. Stay safe, and have a Happy Presidents Day:)

Lawyer You Know has also had recaps each evening which I have avoided listening to bc he is critical of the evidence so I simply watch and smile.

Asking a leading question and getting a response is fine if there are no voiced objections in Judge Newman's courtroom. A Leading question does not make Alex not guilty of dbl homicides. mhoo

AL departs Mozelle at 9:07:06pm
AM arrives back at Moselle at 10:00:00pm.

The only time someone could have killed Paul and Maggie if it wasn't AM, is between the hours of 9:07 and 10:00.

Some people want a video of the crime along with a notarized, written statement of the facts pertaining to the crime before they'll convict.
Screenshot 2023-02-18 7.19.07 PM.png

At 11:37 mark:

Lawyer You Know has also had recaps each evening which I have avoided listening to bc he is critical of the evidence so I simply watch and smile.

Asking a leading question and getting a response is fine if there are no voiced objections in Judge Newman's courtroom. A Leading question does not make Alex not guilty of dbl homicides. mhoo

AL departs Mozelle at 9:07:06pm
AM arrives back at Moselle at 10:00:00pm.

The only time someone could have killed Paul and Maggie if it wasn't AM, is between the hours of 9:07 and 10:00.

Some people want a video of the crime along with a notarized, written statement of the facts pertaining to the crime before they'll convict.
View attachment 403801

At 11:37 mark:

Maybe some attorneys are reluctant to accept new use of digital forensic evidence in murder trials. Those not as comfortable with new technology are slow to fully understand and accept the accuracy. JMO Some have also been slow to accept DNA evidence.

AM has been caught in so many lies, its hard to keep track of them now.

Could the cooler have caused the straight lines in the wet pavement that the State mentioned early in the trial? Someone posted 2 photos of the lines that were admitted into evidence but I don’t have access to them now.
Some coolers have wheel's and some are ribbed on the bottom, both could leave wheel or drag marks.

If you're rich and powerful, you can sometimes get away with a lot. Connections can get you a suspended sentence or community service instead of jail time. But those sort of shenanigans generally happen in the dark, when there's no publicity or news coverage.

This case is national news, covered by every major media outlet. Anything that even hints at a fix would have people in South Carolina and around the country up in arms. Plus the government have him dead-to-rights on the financial stuff, even AM doesn't deny he committed the crimes. With the number of innocent people he hurt they have to throw the book at him. If any DA or judge let him walk on those, I doubt they would survive the fallout.

It's interesting to me that whenever I follow a trial, there's always a few people posting how the defendant will never get convicted or they'll flee the country or the trial will be overturned or whatever. Maybe there's something cathartic about being pessimistic and fretting over worst-case scenarios, no matter how unlikely?
I’m not fretting. I’m not pessimistic. People have short memories. Otherwise how do our elected judges and politicians get away with what they do? It is called being realistic. You have your opinion. I have mine.

I believe he wears a toupee according to some early custody pics and opinions of some experienced hairdressers who have posted....
How did it not get blown off during roadside incident?
Jmo

One thing i noticed is alex hair in tape of him emed after getting to scene, calling 911 and interview in vehicle. If you pay close attention, while in vehicle being interviewed 1st thing i noticed is it looks like he had gotton hair very wet and never brushed it after. It dried clumped as it would be if quickly washed in a hose or whatever. Not normal for him. Any guys have opinion on this?
Look at his hair in 1st interview at dog kennels in vehicle

He did tell them in his opening statement to them. It's his practice. I've never heard of this before, but apparently the way he conducts his Courtroom. The Foreperson has no more weight in anything, other than collecting the verdicts and presenting them to the Court really.
But sometimes some jurors will defer to the foreperson. And the foreperson does "organize" the deliberations and does send notes to the judge at the jury's request long before he/she fills out the verdict form(s). I'd think there might be a different attitude if the foreperson is selected by the jury vs by the judge. The judge selecting may give a certain amount of cachet to the person. Obviously selection by the judge is allowed in Idaho but I wonder how many judges do it.
JMO

I believe this is the caretakers cabin. If you are facing what I think is the skinning shed above, it would be just to the right

Nathan Tutan said the guesthouse is 100 yards off Moselle road, near the entrance to property. He lived there with Paul at one time when they were in college. I think what you're showing is referred to as the "clean-out station" which has two walk-in coolers?

Last edited:
When the defense suggested that Alex was going to spend most of his life in prison anyway…my first thought was that if he goes free on murder charges, his attorneys will make deals on the theft charges. He will never go to prison. So I disagree with all the talking heads. JMO.
and why my mute button is worn down. I check in with them now and then to see who just plop's down on the fence along with the others who are bouncing back and forth feeding off public input.

Yes, RM3 had cancer but his latest symptoms were not believed related to his cancer. My understanding is there was a suspected blockage that was impacting his breathing and his doctor recommended radiation treatment.

Seems to me that he was taken to Savannah for a second opinion and a pulmonologist suspected RM3 had pneumonia and radiation the wrong treatment. RM3 was admitted to hospital for a study on the obstruction and treatment for pneumonia.

We know RM3 did not remain in Savannah hospital much longer because he was home to make an appearance outside of John Marvin's hunting lodge where AM and several lawyers from the firm gathered to support AM as SLED agents arrived for more interviews. RM3 died at his home on Thursday, June 10. MOO

Yes, and the obstruction could have been a cancer mass. Lung cancer is just such a horrible disease.

I think Alex actually didn’t like Paul and was mad at him for bringing him to ruin with his drunk boat driving crash that killed a young woman.
You would think AM would have tried to settle with the Beach family very early on, whether he supported his son or not. I don’t think AM was willing to negotiate an inch. His drugs and lifestyle were too important to him. It would have been a great opportunity to teach his son about personal responsibility. But for AM, murdering his son was the better option, in his mind.

If that first pic is where AM's vehicle was parked when he 'discovered' the bodies, he'd have had to practically trip over MM on his way to 'find' PM. She was lying right in that grassless patch you can just see the corner of under the edge of the overhang.

Lookie that. Cooler right there on the cabin picnic table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay