SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #25

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
AM turned his phone off 6:40, deletes PM's communication and calls MM on what Onstar?
I thought it hey were saying phone was locked rather than off and then he called. iPhone you can touch from locked screen to call recent numbers without unlocking it first. I find it fishy he deleted things he has to know they could see deleted things in his phone. Unless AM felt like the locals would be taking care of it and would never really be investigated but then why bother to delete? That part trips me up.

Thanks. My question was if there was anything that prompted sending the referenced scripture to Alex.
No, nothing prompted the text from Williams Washington that was included in the timeline. I suppose if "ANSWERED" means AM replied and Williams sent another passage, then AM was prompting the exchange to continue. However, I don't know for certain this is how it happened so I'm only speculating. JMO

Last edited:
BBM
Ive been following since the beginning however, after reading this, my stomach did flip flops--
I agree this is how it happened.

While I knew the CS was horrific and the thought of a mom/wife and son murdered is horrifying, as a mom, I find this terrifying.

That said, to have PM shot first, while MM is clearly right there, the horror she must have felt seeing this.
It breaks my heart.
Yes and IMO that’s why she was moving along with the shooter (being chased)Even after the forth (death ) shot,AM walked up and put a bullet to the back of MM's head.
I still can’t get over AM asking in first LE on scene bodycam - Are you sure they are dead?
well yeah, YOU made sure.
He makes my skin crawl.

MOO

I've been taking a close look at the official timeline, with a focus on 2 areas that the defense will try to argue, specifically time to commit the murder and timing around finding the bodies and calling 911.

I believe that AM had time to commit the murders before leaving for Almeda and I believe that his description of coming across that bodies and calling 911 is not believable.
Let me know if you see any flaws in my thinking below.

Timing:

• 19 seconds to arrive at scene and then call 911 per OnStar: Defense has said that 20 seconds is a long time…plenty of time. My fastest estimate is 30 seconds - see below - and that doesn't include actually taking a pulse, just looking for where to take a pulse.
    • park and get out of car - 2 sec
    • run to PM, glancing over at MM - 6 sec
    • check PM (take in scene and consider taking pulse; try to turn him over; try to take pulse; phone pops out; pick up phone and try to 'do something' with it; put phone back down on Paul; take one last look) - 9 sec
    • Run over to MM - 4 sec
    • Check MM (take in immediate scene; check for pulse) 7 sec
    • Get phone out and dial 911 - 2 sec (presuming not left in car)
    • Total fastest time: 30 seconds
    • My Conclusion: AM could not have stumbled across the bodies and do everything he said he did before calling 911. It implies that he saw the dead bodies prior to this, because he had killed them.

1. In contrast to the "20 seconds is a long time" opinion by defense, defense says time for AM to have committed the murders and departing for Almeda was too short a time. My presumed available time is 15 minutes(i.e. between 9:51 and 9:06). My quickest estimate for shooting/cleaning up/leaving is:
    • Shoot Paul twice, including waiting for him to stumble forward (10 sec)
    • Pick up 2nd weapon and chase MM (10 seconds)
    • Shoot MM 5 times in fairly quick succession, allowing for MM to stumble (10 seconds)
    • Put weapons down; walk to hose; quick rinse off of legs, feet, hands, arms; hang hose up (60 seconds)
    • Wrap up guns in raincoat; put shoes, shirt, pants in cooler; put things in vehicle (ATV? Golf cart?) ( 60 seconds)
    • Fiddle with Maggie's phone (30 seconds)
    • Drive to house (ATV/cart) and transfer raincoat/cooler to SUV (60 seconds)
    • Go in house and do quick shower. Put on t-shirt/shorts. (4 min.)
    • Phone Maggie. (18 sec) - walking downstairs
    • Call Randy (18 sec) - walking outside
    • Go to SUV and start up. (15 sec)
    • Total quickest time: 9 minutes
    • My Conclusion: AM had enough time to clean up and head to Almeda

Great post. Further more a quick Google check of " How many seconds does it take to take someone's pulse:

How many seconds does it take to get your pulse rate?

" To check your pulse at your wrist, place two fingers between the bone and the tendon over your radial artery — which is located on the thumb side of your wrist. When you feel your pulse, count the number of beats in 15 seconds. Multiply this number by four to calculate your beats per minute."

Now just to give him the benefit of the doubt, I looked further down and saw a question of How to take a person's pulse in 5 seconds:

" Your radial pulse can be taken on either wrist. Use the tip of the index and third fingers of your other hand to feel the pulse in your radial artery between your wrist bone and the tendon on the thumb side of your wrist. Apply just enough pressure so you can feel each beat."

Now granted he's not looking to time a pulse rate, he's just looking to find a pulse to see if they are alive. How many seconds does it take to determine IF there is even a pulse? 3 seconds, 2 seconds? This is you son and wife. Wouldn't you want to be absolutely certain?

So let's just say that Alex just so happens to know how to take someone pulse in 5 seconds. Ok let's time that out. He gets out of his car, passes Maggie who is lying right in front of his truck and goes immediately to Paul. He's running but he's also conscious of the fact not to step in any blood so he needs to be careful. Paul's arms are underneath his so he has to roll him over and find the artery on his wrist bone. So you see your son with the top have of his head blown off, you just ran from your truck which from the looks of the video appear to be about 20 yards from the bodies. He has the presence of mind to go immediately to the wrist and counts to 5. Not a whole heck of a lot of time to find a person's pulse who is missing half his head. " WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BE 1000% CERTAIN THAT THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO PULSE NO MATTER HOW FAINT???" 5 seconds sure doesn't seem like a lot of time to determine that.

Next, he gently puts Paul back in the position he found him being careful not to get any blood on him. Oh and he see's Paul's cell phone fall out of his pocket that he picked up, checked and put back. He's really hustling now, ya know because he was so panicked and stuff. Now he sprints over to Maggie who is about 32-35 ft away. ( I think that's generous but I can't find the official measurements so I'm going off the not to scale diagram). He has to bend down, avoid any blood, and try to find a pulse. Again, if we go down to the bare minimum of 5 seconds to check her pulse, I ask the question again " WOULDN'T YOU WANT TO BE 1000% CERTAIN THAT THERE WAS ABSOLUTELY NO PULSE NO MATTER HOW FAINT???" 5 seconds sure doesn't seem like a lot of time to determine that.

Now he very possibly could have checked for a pulse on their necks. But it's not going to mess with the time frame that much. He still has to bend down, he still has to be careful not to get blood on him and he still has to give at least 5 seconds to check for a pulse.

So let's add up all those seconds he minimally could have taken just to check to see if PM & MM have a pulse. That's 10 seconds (5 seconds for each person) NOT including the seconds it took to turn Paul over, avoid blood, find the exact spot on his wrist, turn him back over, pick up his cell phone and replace it.

That leaves a grand total of 9 seconds left for him to run up and bend down, to Paul's body, stand back up, run over to Maggie, bend down to Maggie's body, stand back up, and run back to his truck.

19 seconds total to do all that. An untrained person in taking a person's pulse had to magically accomplish all of that in an unprofessional setting, ( in other words this wasn't done in a nice, clean, sterile doctor's office). As an experiment stop reading this right now and find your pulse. How long did it take you? You're sitting calmly right now. You're not running around panicked. You haven't just found your loved ones lying in pools of blood. You're not trained in taking a pulse. You have no medical training at all.

If you believe that Alex really accomplished all of that in 19 seconds while stoned on opiates (allegedly) then I have a place in Moselle to sell you.

I thought it hey were saying phone was locked rather than off and then he called. iPhone you can touch from locked screen to call recent numbers without unlocking it first. I find it fishy he deleted things he has to know they could see deleted things in his phone. Unless AM felt like the locals would be taking care of it and would never really be investigated but then why bother to delete? That part trips me up.
He was desperate, and I don’t think he was thinking that far ahead. Many people also don’t realize that deleted items can be recovered.

No, nothing prompted the text from Williams Washington that was included in the timeline. I suppose if "ANSWERED" means AM replied and Williams sent another passage, then AM was prompting the exchange to continue. However, I don't know for certain this is how it happened so I'm only speculating. JMO
I don't think '(ANSWERED)' means that Alex replied. I think the whole text represents what was sent to his phone.

There are a bunch of questions posed, e.g. "What conditions and events will we witness during the coming great tribulation?" Followed by replies to those questions. It's a sort of answer key to biblical prophecy.

No clue who the sender is. Alex doesn't seem like he's all that overtly religious, so I doubt it's a friend with whom he'd trade messages. It could just be random spam, or perhaps someone he has a passing acquaintance with, say a former client.

Excuse my ignorance as I’m still trying to figure out what affects AM was receiving from his pills of choice (if he was using).

Thankfully, I have no experience with taking recreational drugs nor have I gotten hooked after a painful injury or surgery. So I’m guessing when I say I would tend to think a user would put them in a OTC or vitamin bottle? Leaving them in a bag seems too risky for protective safe keeping and visual exposure.

Yes, please, be so very thankful. I do some volunteer work for Justice Reform. The goal is to keep drug addicts from going to prison by instead sending them to Rehab where they'll be held accountable for their recovery in order to earn further assistance such as job training or job placement.

At a conference, one lady, who has a lifetime addiction to meth, spoke. Hers is a long story but essentially, she did everything right. She graduated college and took a great job then she was promoted to a position of high importance.

While on her rise to the top, she met a handsome fellow and married. Then, they purchased a marvelous oceanside home. Her job became more demanding. Life seemed stressful; painful.

She tried meth at a party. She continued using to make her feel - feel more alive, more creative. Although I don't know what meth looks like, she claims meth provides the user with a temporary, but complete, state of euphoria.

Soon enough, came the day when she couldn't meet deadlines without meth. Her body craved the euphoria so badly. Every fiber of her body yearned for it; ached for it. She began stealing to get extra money for her habit. She lost her husband. Then, she lost her job and she lost her home. She was homeless, and in legal trouble, when she met someone from our org to help her gain control over her life again. She took 6 years of hard work, after college, and blew it away during the span of a year or so meth-fueled spiral.

JMHOO

From pg 27/88 of Murdaugh Murders Timeline of Events S/A Rudofski, SLED.

A very eerie text (with answers??) between one Cynthia Washington and AM on June 7.

From the text timestamp, this would have been an hour or so after AM was confronted by CFO, and before AM left the office to go home and murder his wife and son:

5:26 PM – Alex Murdaugh receives a text message from “Cynthia Washington” stating,

“Pure Worship of Jehovah—Restored At Last! “I will certainly sanctify my great name, . . . and the nations will have to know that I am Jehovah.”—EZEKIEL 36:23 CHAPTER 6. “The End Is Now Upon You”EZEKIEL 7:3. FOCUS: Jehovah’s prophetic judgments against Jerusalem —how fulfilled. 17)-What conditions and events will we witness during the coming great tribulation? 17)-(ANSWERED)-Ezekiel’s prophecy also reminds us that when the coming attack against religious organizations occurs, (ANSWERED)-members of the churches will not be “going to the battle” to defend religion. Instead, (ANSWERED)as they begin to realize that their cry for help, “Lord, Lord,” is going unanswered, (ANSWERED)-“their hands will hang limp” and they will be “shuddering.” (Ezek. 7:3, 14, 17, 18; Matt. 7:21-23) What else will they do? (Read Ezekiel 7:19-21.) (ANSWERED)-Jehovah says: “They will throw their silver into the streets.” (ANSWERED)- That statement regarding the inhabitants of ancient Jerusalem also vividly illustrates what will take place during the great tribulation. (ANSWERED)-At that time, people will realize that money cannot save them from the coming calamity.

(Does not show in Dylan Hightower Extraction) (AM Extraction)

I don't understand who she is or why she is texting this. But, @Seattle1 I know this book. Why is she quoting from it? She doesn't seem to be making a point, just quoting.
????

Yes and IMO that’s why she was moving along with the shooter (being chased)Even after the forth (death ) shot,AM walked up and put a bullet to the back of MM's head.
I still can’t get over AM asking in first LE on scene bodycam - Are you sure they are dead?
well yeah, YOU made sure.
He makes my skin crawl.

MOO

That is hard to fathom, especially when you read the full transcript of the 911 call - he says he can see both of their brains. There was never any question from his first "discovery" of whether or not they were dead but he asks the cops several times if they're dead, or "officially" dead.

Very interesting idea! The language and excitement over a bikini pic shared with friends from a newly married middle age man like Michael Gunn is odd…

Let's just say full context saves valuable time!

Unfortunately for us, the subject Miami Heat text and photo read by AM around 10:20 pm was the final message in a group text exchange that M. Gunn initiated earlier during the day when he first sent a different photo (including three bikini women), and announced the subject female (obviously known to the boys) was about to get married. :rolleyes:

Had the entire exchange been included in MSM, perhaps all the out-of-context speculation could have been avoided.

I trust we're done discussing Miami Heat now! I'm also self-reporting my earlier posts deleted. MOO

I don't think '(ANSWERED)' means that Alex replied. I think the whole text represents what was sent to his phone.

There are a bunch of questions posed, e.g. "What conditions and events will we witness during the coming great tribulation?" Followed by replies to those questions. It's a sort of answer key to biblical prophecy.

No clue who the sender is. Alex doesn't seem like he's all that overtly religious, so I doubt it's a friend with whom he'd trade messages. It could just be random spam, or perhaps someone he has a passing acquaintance with, say a former client.
It isn't spam. It has to be someone he knows. She has his private number. It seems like a cut and paste. I know this book. However, there is no ryme or reason to It. And "answered" thing makes little sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member