SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes and how he wrangled Bubba and got that chicken out of his mouth and then made it back up to the house and flopped down on the couch, passed out cold (for a 15 minute nap) in less than 4 mins (so he heard nothing acoustical, except his tv show) because 4 mins after he yelled "Bubba" on that video PM was dead. I can just hear it now, he heard shots but thought PM was just having a time of it putting that injured chicken out of it's misery. Just some thoughts.
One tough chicken with the amount of lead that was thrown around lol.

Alex Murdaugh trial: Judge declines to limit prosecutor's questions if Murdaugh takes stand​

A South Carolina judge on Wednesday declined a request to limit questions prosecutors can ask Alex Murdaugh, a once-wealthy and powerful attorney on trial for the murders of his wife and son.

"I am not going to issue an order in advance limiting the scope of cross-examination," Judge Clifton Newman said, adding that objections would be addressed as they come up.
Best Judge Ever, I seriously have a judge crush on this man. :)

If AM testifies today, that's basically their hail Mary. How long has the defense been on?? Doesn't seem like they have presented much except that someone 5'4" did the shooting. If so, then the possible suspects are:
  1. Me (I'm 5'3")
  2. Tyrion Lannister
  3. or maybe .... how tall is Bubba if he stands on his hind legs?
  4. AM seated in the golf cart/ATV where he left one of the guns???
I'm really thinking he bumped her leg with that cart. I'm very interested in what y'all think since I can only watch off and on.

I am right there with you on this one, I really hope he does not testify. I think he could easily con a juror who was on the fence, or convince one to switch sides. Many of us here are very familiar with the charming sociopath narcissist, but the ordinary juror might not be, and fall for the drug-addled, traumatized, loving family man version of AM.
Add me to the list too. I was very impressed with how convincing he sounded during the phone interview about the road side shooting, he knows what, when and how to say the right words. I think the prosecution has done a good job of portraying that nobody knew the real AM, especially with MB’s testimony yesterday. I love that CW continued to ask witness’s "you didn’t know the real AM did you" even though it was successfully objected too, he was able to get that thought to the jury early in the trial. It concerns me the comments from those that still do not believe he could kill his family, too heinous to even consider a possibility, he loved them. Unfortunately we have a long history of "loving fathers" who have killed their families MOO

I suspect there's some kind of division amongst the defense team as to whether AM should testify. That would explain all the conflicting reports we're hearing tonight.

I wonder which attorneys are in favor and which are against.
I am reminded of the old adage ‘be careful what you pray for’… and this is not a response to the thought above. But follows from…..

Wouldn’t it be interesting if the defendant’s lead counsel decided to elicit testimony from his client, if the latter does testify?

Last edited:
If AM testifies today, that's basically their hail Mary. How long has the defense been on?? Doesn't seem like they have presented much except that someone 5'4" did the shooting. If so, then the possible suspects are:
  1. Me (I'm 5'3")
  2. Tyrion Lannister
  3. or maybe .... how tall is Bubba if he stands on his hind legs?
  4. AM seated in the golf cart/ATV where he left one of the guns???
I'm really thinking he bumped her leg with that cart. I'm very interested in what y'all think since I can only watch off and on.
It is possible he bumped her. We live on a ranch, have multiple ATVs, horse trailers, tractors. It seems every week I have a bruise or scrap from bumping into things not paying attention. Once I left the ATV in gear while opening a gate and my dog tried to run me over by sitting on the gas pedal. I can see several ways an accident could happen. That said, I have never clashed with a tire hard enough to leave a tire impression on my leg. I do think it’s possible that the force from the gun shot made her fall hard enough on the ATV/cart tire to leave an impression on her leg.

So if he takes the stand, he will have to explain the kennel video. So either he: denies it is him altogether (laughable IMO), he claims he doesn't remember (due to drugs, trauma, etc), he throws Paul under the bus and says Paul did it in a murder/suicide and all of AM's lies were to protect Paul's memory (even though the evidence doesn't support that) or in another "Paul did it" scenario, AM killed Paul either in self-defense or trying to protect Maggie or in a rage after seeing what Paul had done to Maggie (and then uses the "I don't remember any details because of drugs/trauma" or "I lied to protect his memory" scenario). I suppose another option would be that he has been threatened by the "real" killer(s) and he had to lie or else they would harm Buster and/or other family members. Any other ideas of what spin he could put on being at the kennels?

FWIW, none of these are even remotely plausible to me. I can find gaping holes in all of them. I'm in the camp of he is absolutely guilty. I do think, though, that a hung jury is a real possibility.

IMO MOO

So if he takes the stand, he will have to explain the kennel video. So either he: denies it is him altogether (laughable IMO), he claims he doesn't remember (due to drugs, trauma, etc), he throws Paul under the bus and says Paul did it in a murder/suicide and all of AM's lies were to protect Paul's memory (even though the evidence doesn't support that) or in another "Paul did it" scenario, AM killed Paul either in self-defense or trying to protect Maggie or in a rage after seeing what Paul had done to Maggie (and then uses the "I don't remember any details because of drugs/trauma" or "I lied to protect his memory" scenario). I suppose another option would be that he has been threatened by the "real" killer(s) and he had to lie or else they would harm Buster and/or other family members. Any other ideas of what spin he could put on being at the kennels?

FWIW, none of these are even remotely plausible to me. I can find gaping holes in all of them. I'm in the camp of he is absolutely guilty. I do think, though, that a hung jury is a real possibility.

IMO MOO
Yeah like PM killed his mom, then tried to kill himslef..AM the family loving hero tried to stop PM , they struggled and the gun went off.
So family man that he is, he tried to cover it all up to protect PM and the family legacy. What a great guy.
barf.

Yesterday Randy and JM had their young children with them. I suppose it was to support Buster on the stand. I didn’t see them today.

Missed the last witness but at what point is the issue of AM being at the kennels going to be hashed out?
Waters will drive the kennel video home during closing arguments IMO

Typical of DM to misstate the facts!

First, MM's real estate may have had a market value of $4.3 but this is not the same as the value of her estate when there's also $3M of debt collateralized by the real estate in the estate!

AM committed fraud in 2016 when he sold the Moselle collateral to MM for $5 and the only reason 100% of Moselle was part of MM's estate was that the statute of limitations expired on the 2016 fraudulent transfer of property.

What was realized after MM's assets were sold and the banks, court receivers, personal rep, and attorneys fees paid was less than $700K to be disbursed to the Beach family, and two of the crash survivors Morgan and Miley, for personal injury claims, in exchange for releasing Buster & MM's estate from the wrongful death lawsuit.

More important is that AM did not benefit one dime from MM's estate and/or the liquidation of the couple's real estate at Edisto Beach and Moselle. MOO

Didn’t see where DM misstated info (thanks for catching that), but I’m not going to reread the article. The thing is it's another example of AM’s fraudster ways. Many MSM will misstate info, and I take what all is read with a grain of salt. All is for information purposes only. DM is great for photos.

Of course the secure debt would be paid first, there is a lien on said property and AM would not benefit as he is incarcerated. Maybe I misunderstood your post.

MOO

From a profile of CW from last year.

It surprised few when Waters enrolled at the University of South Carolina’s prestigious Honors College, and then its law school, where he graduated in 1996 — two years after Murdaugh.

While Murdaugh went on to a lucrative job at his family’s high-powered law firm in Hampton, Waters began a career in government.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay