SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I missed most of the cell witness this afternoon. Anything major in it? Has defense finished with direct and prosecution done with cross? TIA

Now we are just waiting to see if Alex will testify tomorrow? TIA
I hope he does take the stand tomorrow or Friday, either day is fine. I want to see if his hand flames and a mark is left on his palm when he lays it on the Bible. jmo

Well I believe the prosecution's argument is that he purposefully turned off his phone (or left it back at Moselle) so he couldn't be tracked.

I don't think the backlight turning on means that someone necessarily touched the phone at that time. There are a lot of things that can trigger the backlight, for example an app notification.

Since both the state and defense apparently agree that MM's phone was at the side of the road by then, I don't think it either exonerates or implicates Alex.
I only have a Flip phone, and have never texted, as I want to hear the intent/feeling in a voice talking to me. Mostly children and friends, so no Bother. Try it. I wish I could go back to my Landline, but it became too expensive. OTOH, when 9/11 hit, and me being from NY, the only phone that worked was the Landline!
Being from NY, I was worried about my cousins, 2 working in the City! One Cousin worked in World Trade Center Building 7, but thankfully was not on the Shift at that time, and So Grateful! Many who worked in the Trade Centers, some who had to go back in, as my cousin did, to reconnect/ construct basic Lifelines, Electrical etc, today have many health issues. Not on Topic, but many states are struggling in one way or another.
It makes me SOO angry and sad they were not able to contribute to their Community overall going forward. Thank you for Your Service, but you should
If AM takes that stand, I think it will be a huge mistake. I think it will seal his fate and remove any reasonable doubt. There is just no way he can charm or lie his way out of this. No amount of tears. I have faith that the jury is going to see right through him, given all they've already heard.

Who on the defense team thinks this a good idea? Is AM going to appeal based on his crappy defense? Is that the long range plan with these inept "experts" and the defense witnesses who end up favoring the prosecution?

Also of note, of course I would love to see AM testify. I don't think he interprets "under oath" like us plebs may, though.

moo
No such thing as one better than another! We are all equal under the law, though in too many instances, the law is Not Applied Equally, and Much Less for those who can not Afford Equal Treatment Applied to them.
Too many buy their Not Guilty Verdict....Sickening. Karma will atone.
This was 2 hours ago on the Livestream

View attachment 404840
Sorry, But I studied Research Statistics, and Most Polls are BS, as they are often Taken by a group, leaning one way or another, and NOT Scientific AT ALL! Unless it is a Double Blind Set of people answering, IT IS USELESS!

Believe he was trying to access it like he tried with PM's phone then placed it back on PM. AM running around trying to tidy up after as quickly as possible shoved her phone in a pocket, forget about it till headed down the road, tossed where found. Just a thought of a scatter brained man trying to get out of the area to fulfill his alibi.
I was wondering if it was the other way around -- that he intended to ditch both phones but got distracted after setting Paul's phone down on his body. On his body is just such a weird place to put it. I guess another possibility is that he didn't think anyone would be able to guess his super-secret birthday password.

I’m wondering if whoever was the supervising agent at SLED who was responsible for overseeing this investigation will face an investigation of his/her own. Does anyone know if the apparent shoddy investigation by SLED is as bad as it seems? It sounds careless—very careless—to me but I’m no expert and have no LE experience or knowledge.

How do they know when MMs phone was thrown if there is no gps data? What am I missing? The fact that the phone ended up in a path AM traveled is much more important than the 2min difference of lights, etc.
I agree. Regardless of when gps shows AM passing by the location MM's phone was found, the evidence exists that her phone ceased all activity as he was leaving the property. It is very reasonable to believe that he could have had her phone and tossed it out and not trigger the screen to turn on. The 2 minute difference between where his gps placed him on the road means nothing to me since gps ins't always exact. My phone always shows me at my neighbor's address when I am sitting in my living room. He is on the police recording from the road side shooting admitting to throwing the knife that he used to slash his own tires across the street. As if no one would find it mere yards away. He seems to not have much forward thought and him throwing his wife's phone out of his vehicle is very plausible.

I am more curious about why MM's phone was ditched and PM's was not. PM's phone had more incriminating evidence on it. Did AM think that no one would be able to break in to PM's iphone?

Then again, nothing AM does seems very well thought out. He seems to be a very chaotic person, so many things he does/has done defies logic. If he does testify tomorrow, I am sure it will not go over well since he also seems to lack self awareness and will not have the ability to know when to stop talking. It will make for an interesting trial day though.

JMO

So why do you think Alex took her phone? Was he trying to get into it? Was it laying on the gator (or go cart) she rode down in that night and he picked it up before he murdered them so she couldn't call for help? Did he forget he had it and then tossed it as he realized it would track all the way to Almeda with him. Strangers/revenge killers wouldn't take her phone so it's odd that he would stage that. It is one thing that is out of place and would have been better if he left it on her/with her/wherever it was. Was it an accident and he realized he had it and just tossed it out?

We know his intent seemed to be to blame someone seeking revenge for the boat accident. Was that always the plan or did he have some other plan in mind?
I think he tossed one phone on his son's dead body and the other in the ditch near the front entrance to Moselle to give the illusion that there were two killers. That is, the two killers did something different with the phone belonging to the person they killed. Pure imagination - but also curious why phones treated differently.

I was wondering if it was the other way around -- that he intended to ditch both phones but got distracted after setting Paul's phone down on his body. On his body is just such a weird place to put it. I guess another possibility is that he didn't think anyone would be able to guess his super-secret birthday password.
Possible for sure and bet AM's mind was racing trying to keep the alibi in order and that's when mistakes were made. Would have been better off not touching the phones at all. Phone tech these days can seal one's fate as AM is seeing now.

The whole Scenario is a confusing *advertiser censored* Show IMPOV. Some commenting are new to this thread, which is fine, but my patience wears thin sometimes.
I Hope some on this site have ability to share the Best Factual Comments to those close to this Case. No need to let me/we know ho you are, but there have been some who have blown me away with their Observacions , and so On Point.

You be right, leaving the phone on his body is weird, especially considering in the car interview AM said somehow he had the presence of mind to not disturb anything.

Last edited:
The whole Scenario is a confusing *advertiser censored* Show IMPOV. Some commenting are new to this thread, which is fine, but my patience wears thin sometimes.
I Hope some on this site have ability to share the Best Factual Comments to those close to this Case. No need to let me/we know ho you are, but there have been some who have blown me away with their Observations , and so On Point.

I Hope some on this site have ability to share the Best Factual Comments to those close to this Case. No need to let me/we know ho you are, but there have been some who have blown me away with their Observations , and so On Point.

Buster Murdaugh 'Knew A Little Bit' About Dad's Drug Addiction, and that Slain Mom, Brother Found Pills​

The surviving son of Alex Murdaugh testified about his father's drug use on Tuesday morning​

By Steve Helling

Published on February 22, 2023 12:51 PM

When Buster Murdaugh took the stand in the murder trial against his father, Alex Murdaugh, he testified that he was aware of his father's drug addiction — although he acknowledged that his mother and brother knew more about it.

Buster, 26, told the jury that he "knew a little bit" about his father's drug use, and said that his his mother, Maggie, and brother, Paul, had confronted Alex about the pills they had found.

He also described his father's efforts to beat his addiction, including checking himself in to a rehab facility in late 2018.

"I thought that he had handled it," Buster testified, before acknowledging that there were "a couple of more times" that his father had relapsed. He testified that his father was always "apologetic and sorry" when he was confronted about his drug use.

I am so far behind reading everyone's posts..thanks for keeping it exciting. Re the cell witness believing Maggie’s phone was ditched on the side of Moselle Road between 9:06:12 p.m. and 9:06:20 p.m., and AM driving by that spot two minutes later. Were they doing the time warp again (...it's just a jump to the left and then a step to the right)?
jmo
*but its the pelvic thrust*.....:) you know, when his car accelerated right after he ditched the phone....

What type of waste system did Moselle have? Septic tank or aerobic? Did anyone look in the pump tank for the murder weapons? I know they checked the pond(s) but never heard anything about looking in a septic tank.

I dont understand why Waters isn’t front and centre with the defence about AM being at the kennels with Paul and Maggie, after Alex saying he wasn’t. I was looking forward to what nonsense they would come up with. ‘AM was stoned and he didn’t remember that he was there’

Buster Murdaugh 'Knew A Little Bit' About Dad's Drug Addiction, and that Slain Mom, Brother Found Pills​

The surviving son of Alex Murdaugh testified about his father's drug use on Tuesday morning​

By Steve Helling

Published on February 22, 2023 12:51 PM

When Buster Murdaugh took the stand in the murder trial against his father, Alex Murdaugh, he testified that he was aware of his father's drug addiction — although he acknowledged that his mother and brother knew more about it.

Buster, 26, told the jury that he "knew a little bit" about his father's drug use, and said that his his mother, Maggie, and brother, Paul, had confronted Alex about the pills they had found.

He also described his father's efforts to beat his addiction, including checking himself in to a rehab facility in late 2018.

"I thought that he had handled it," Buster testified, before acknowledging that there were "a couple of more times" that his father had relapsed. He testified that his father was always "apologetic and sorry" when he was confronted about his drug use.

I felt he tried to wiggle out of that one. For someone who supposedly was close to his dad and talked to him daily, his comments that he only knew a bit about it were very odd to me.

I’m wondering if whoever was the supervising agent at SLED who was responsible for overseeing this investigation will face an investigation of his/her own. Does anyone know if the apparent shoddy investigation by SLED is as bad as it seems? It sounds careless—very careless—to me but I’m no expert and have no LE experience or knowledge.
I hope there is an investigation and also that there is protocol put in place that it doesn't matter who you are, who your family is or who you know - you will be investigated and handled equally. Those attorney's knew what they were doing. Think about it, not one of them seemed worried about there may be a killer on the loose and running around Mozelle. They all came running, they were all over that property like a bunch of ants.

I have watched this trial hit and miss. Does anyone really think that AM is not guilty?
No.... but think it is telling that the only two people (please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong) who have testified at AM's trial as to the innocence of this "scion" of the community that the defense has called are his "surviving" child and "surviving" family housekeeper/caregiver. JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Painauchocolat2024