SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #28

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont understand why Waters isn’t front and centre with the defence about AM being at the kennels with Paul and Maggie, after Alex saying he wasn’t. I was looking forward to what nonsense they would come up with. ‘AM was stoned and he didn’t remember that he was there’
He can't make arguments about that until Closing. For now all he can do is ask relevant questions to the witnesses. JMO.

I dont understand why Waters isn’t front and centre with the defence about AM being at the kennels with Paul and Maggie, after Alex saying he wasn’t. I was looking forward to what nonsense they would come up with. ‘AM was stoned and he didn’t remember that he was there’
If Alex takes the stand I am sure he will. If AM does not there is no one to question other then what he has done verifying through witnesses it was his voice. Agree defense will try to mitigate it by saying confused/shock/drugs, why he lied about napping. The state will hammer that home during closing arguements.

Curious how accurate phone steps are recorded depending on walking speed. This is going back a few years, but I bought a FitBit and it was completely inaccurate if I was outside meandering around the garden. If I walked the same path quickly the steps were accurate. Moving slowly it was 75% off Inc my movements in the house unless I was on a mission.

anyone know how her phone recorded steps? Did she have a fitness app enabled? Or does the phone count steps whether you ask it to or not?

iPhones records steps (with good accuracy) everywhere they go. Mine is usually in my pocket, but it records my distances and steps pretty well (I also have a pedometer app on my Apple Watch which is more accurate, but the two are always close).

Believe he was trying to access it like he tried with PM's phone then placed it back on PM. AM running around trying to tidy up after as quickly as possible shoved her phone in a pocket, forget about it till headed down the road, tossed where found. Just a thought of a scatter brained man trying to get out of the area to fulfill his alibi.
I was wondering if it was the other way around -- that he intended to ditch both phones but got distracted after setting Paul's phone down on his body. On his body is just such a weird place to put it. I guess another possibility is that he didn't think anyone would be able to guess his super-secret birthday password.

If he can set up/blame someone for the Fake Roadside Shooting, Not a Stretch that he can plan to kill someone in his family. I still think he meant to kill Maggie, then in a Rage shot her multiple times. Perhaps his son Paul was not planned, BUT AM CALLED TEHM BOTH TO THE PROPERTY! It takes someone Truly EVIL to kill like this. Breaks my heart.

It's possible AM relied upon the good ole boys' network for protection. Initially, as we've learned through testimony, they rallied around him.

Here's the problem as I see it. Alex's first mistake was killing his family, then putting those victims who remain behind through this helluva gut-wrenching trial. It has solidified the ruination of his name forevermore with the testimony regarding Maggie's heinous torture and overkill and Paul's ejected brains. Those two vicious acts can never be separated from his reputation, Alex Murdaugh's name, regardless of the jury's verdict.

When the sheriff's staff arrived that fateful evening, and eventually SLED arrived, the horror was shocking to these officials. Moreover, I feel, it was blatantly obvious to all authority figures present who the suspect was that stalked and killed this mother and son at the dog kennels of Moselle.

JMO

If he can set up/blame someone for the Fake Roadside Shooting, Not a Stretch that he can plan to kill someone in his family. I still think he meant to kill Maggie, then in a Rage shot her multiple times. Perhaps his son Paul was not planned, BUT AM CALLED TEHM BOTH TO THE PROPERTY! It takes someone Truly EVIL to kill like this. Breaks my heart.
Like someone on here already said..
AM had a house full of guns, acres & acres of land he could of simply walked out on and ended his misery. But he wanted it all, so it meant taking these 2 souls out.

JMO

Buster Murdaugh 'Knew A Little Bit' About Dad's Drug Addiction, and that Slain Mom, Brother Found Pills​

The surviving son of Alex Murdaugh testified about his father's drug use on Tuesday morning​

By Steve Helling

Published on February 22, 2023 12:51 PM

When Buster Murdaugh took the stand in the murder trial against his father, Alex Murdaugh, he testified that he was aware of his father's drug addiction — although he acknowledged that his mother and brother knew more about it.

Buster, 26, told the jury that he "knew a little bit" about his father's drug use, and said that his his mother, Maggie, and brother, Paul, had confronted Alex about the pills they had found.

He also described his father's efforts to beat his addiction, including checking himself in to a rehab facility in late 2018.

"I thought that he had handled it," Buster testified, before acknowledging that there were "a couple of more times" that his father had relapsed. He testified that his father was always "apologetic and sorry" when he was confronted about his drug use.

Sorry, I don’t believe Busters narrative about the drugs. I need to see actual medical documentation of when and where AM sought rehab earlier on. My mind hasn’t changed about AM being a dealer versus a user.

My feeling is that Buster told big lies about the things that can’t be confirmed by Maggie or Paul. Buster is following in his father’s footsteps.

Last edited:
I agree, hope the prosecution is saving that for their "closing arguments", and they are letting it sink in with the jury/probably everyone in AM's circle without seeming to be too "heavy handed" about the testimony of several people saying they were sure it was AM's voice on the video at the kennels at that time?

It seems there is a lot of tiptoeing going on, sadly, for the victims, at this trial, and there could be so much at play with circumstantial evidence, cultural expectations and politeness, and giving way to people close to AM and his family's ability to process things, including their denial and that AM is "innocent until proven guilty" for their murders (even if he is a crook in other ways), and "witnesses" who know him being allowed to come up to speed and make what they will of the evidence, that it's not going to behoove the prosecution to come right out and say what they believe until the end. And even then, I'm guessing, AM will never be made out to be the "bad guy".

JMO

Yes, two witnesses testified about Alex visiting his parents. One said it was very rare, the other said almost never. One of those women testified that Alex encouraged her to say something other than truth.

I wish we could give awards for posts. I hope the jurors are as astute as you are, Otto.

I'm watching the 1st responder bodycam again. The second the recording starts Alex is standing right near the body of Paul. If anything, Alex contaminated the crime scene. He's right there lurking over Paul.

The second AM sees the officer he walks away from the corpse and the officer. It looks shady as hell. The second the cops show up he's acting very, very strange. A few seconds into their interaction Alex starts babbling about the boat accident.

Finally it took me awhile to figure out who Alex's squeaky, little, pathetic, whining voice reminds me of and I finally got it.... Andy Devine!! If you're a fan of Westerns he was always the bumbling fool, used for comedic relief in a lot of Westerns. Most notably The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, Stage Coach, The Red Badge of Courage, How the West Was Won, It's a Mad, Mad, Mad World as well as dozens of other. His squeaky voice is remarkably similar!! It's almost as if Alex decided to imitate him!!

883c0dba0f3f801315ef23855ba23158.jpg

We heard from the CFO that every client that had money stolen from them had been paid back. I believe we heard from someone else (an attorney from the firm) that same thing. Now today we hear that there are still at least two outstanding payments that have not been made which means that not everyone had been paid back their stolen monies. Why has it taken this long? Are they negotiating how much they are paying back?

ETA I sure hope they are getting interest as well.

It was weird questioning. JG was acting as if since some of Alex's victims were getting their money back, everything is all good now, no harm done. Like it was a privilege to be robbed by Alex.

Yes, two witnesses testified about Alex visiting his parents. One said it was very rare, the other said almost never. One of those women testified that Alex encouraged her to say something other than truth.
It was the evening caregivers who said it was rare for him to visit in the evenings, the daytime caregivers said he stopped by almost daily. I don’t think either were lying or misrepresenting. It was SS, the evening caregiver who testified he tried to encourage her to say he was there for 40 minutes the night of the murders. MOO

I have watched this trial hit and miss. Does anyone really think that AM is not guilty?

Apparently, 30% or thereabouts of NewsNation watchers think he's either innocent or they can't decide.

This is probably a good time to mention that the veteran trial-watchers here on WS are amazing. I think this is my first full trial observed alongside WSers. I like to think I've seen most of it - but, really, I too am hit and miss.

I am learning a lot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member