SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #28

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm over here with my Samsung thinking I'm glad they were an Apple family because I'd be tempted.

I bet some on the jury are conducting their own little experiments also. After the conflicting info presented, it seems it should just cancel out and they should just not worry with what the phone was doing and more so that it was tossed on the route Alex drove out that night and Maggie ceased using that phone while Alex was still there and Paul ceased using his while Alex was still there.

I don’t care about phone orientation changes, nor do I give credence to anyone’s testimony about when the ”phone toss” supposedly happened. I don’t consider the mishmash of data reliable and/or definitive and too many things, of which we’ll never know for sure, could result in backlights on/off, steps, orientation changes, etc. They’ve spent literally days on this and nothing seems conclusive, definitive or pinpoints the action. So I agree, they cancel each other out. And a 2 minute window, considering everything, even if ever deemed to be valid and calibrated, is too close to call, IMO.

I don't want to hear another word about the phone toss. I’m sick of it.

[…]

The sheriff’s office said it had “obtained a felony arrest warrant” for Coleman but did not specify what he charges he would face. A spokesperson did not immediately respond to questions Feb. 22. Prison records show Coleman was transferred to the higher-security Broad River Correctional Institution the day of the bomb threat.

Coleman, 32, is serving time for Hampton County charges of armed robbery, kidnapping, assault and battery and a weapons violation, with an expected release date in 2045, prison records show.

According to the sheriff’s office, Coleman has “no direct connection” to Murdaugh or the trial.

[…]

Murdaugh's colleague who testified today ... he said that he worked for 34 years for a 100 year old South Carolina legal institution, and suddenly he was a lawyer with 34 years experience at a brand new firm. Big difference. He pointed out that his identity, and that of his children, was attached to the integrity of the 100 year old legal institution. Alex's theft hit his partners, their children and the community.

[…]

The sheriff’s office said it had “obtained a felony arrest warrant” for Coleman but did not specify what he charges he would face. A spokesperson did not immediately respond to questions Feb. 22. Prison records show Coleman was transferred to the higher-security Broad River Correctional Institution the day of the bomb threat.

Coleman, 32, is serving time for Hampton County charges of armed robbery, kidnapping, assault and battery and a weapons violation, with an expected release date in 2045, prison records show.

According to the sheriff’s office, Coleman has “no direct connection” to Murdaugh or the trial.

[…]
Exactly, only direct connection to somebody that does!

EXCLUSIVE: Maggie Murdaugh's $4.3million estate she left to husband Alex will now be divided between victims of boating accident caused by late son, creditors and Buster - who will get $530,000 from sale of murder home set to close next month​

• Maggie Murdaugh's estate, valued at $4,309,057.77, has been settled after husband Alex sought to keep her millions in his family
  • In her will drafted in August 2005, Maggie left everything to her husband who is now on trial for her murder
  • The complex deal will see her millions divided between her surviving son Buster, victims and creditors when it is executed next month
As Alex Murdaugh stands trial for the double homicide of his wife, Maggie, and son, Paul, he has been fighting another less public legal battle seeking to keep the millions Maggie left in his family and out of reach of his numerous victims and creditors.

Now DailyMail.com can exclusively reveal how, after close to two years of legal wrangling, Maggie's estate has finally been settled in a complex deal that will see Moselle, the murder home, sold and millions divided between those victims and creditors as well as surviving son, Buster, when it is executed next month.

A trove of documents held by Georgetown County Probate Court in South Carolina and reviewed by DailyMail.com show that Maggie's estate was valued at $4,309,057.77.

Well there is this? Snipped from his record:
View attachment 404880
September 25. Alex said that he got someone else in the family to put money into a jail-mate's commissary once before, and would quit after doing it two weeks in a row. Alex wanted the wife of his brother John Marvin to do something that Alex knew was illegal. Alex phoned his brother to tell him to tell his wife to do what Alex wants.

Hopefully Alex is institutionalized to protect the people around him.

Murdaugh Murders: A Southern Scandal reveals the shocking true story of how the accidental death of a teenage girl led to two more murders and exposed a century of corruption by one of South Carolina’s most prominent families. Now on Netflix.

Last edited:
Brilliant -- first there was Tinsley and now I can add Mark Ball to my corner of those doubting that AM had $10-12M life insurance in place when he asked cousin Eddie to fake a drive-by shooting. We'd know the underwriter by now if any truth to AM's phony ploy. Liar, liar, pants on fire. JMO

CCSO identifies suspect in Murdaugh trial bomb threat as inmate in Jasper County​

COLLETON COUNTY, S.C. (WCIV) — UPDATE: The SCDC provided an inmate report on Coleman.

According to the report, Coleman had been incarcerated at Ridgeland Correctional Institute since Jan. 24. He was transferred to Broad River Secure Facility in Columbia on Feb. 8, the day of the bomb threat, for "lockup-investigation".

Coleman had two previous disciplinary sanctions in September 2020. The report says he was involved in the organization of a security threat group (prison gang) and was in possession of a weapon. The day before the bomb threat, Feb. 7, he was working as a wardkeeper at Ridgeland Correctional Institute.

ORIGINAL STORY: The Colleton County Sheriff's Office (CCSO) has identified a suspect in the Feb. 8 bomb threat during Alex Murdaugh's trial for the murders of his wife Maggie and son Paul.

In a Feb. 22 Facebook post, the CCSO said they obtained an arrest warrant for Joey Dean Coleman, 32, for the phone call threat. Coleman is currently an inmate at the Ridgeland Correctional Institute in Jasper County.

I think it’s 50/50 that AM will testify. I think he wants to.

I worry that his “cunning” and manipulative behavior can convince at least one, if not more, jurors. I do believe he has far better than average lying skills, and he obviously has relationship/schmoozing skills (as false or hollow as they turned out to be).

He will play up the horror, his shock, trauma, drug impacts, tears and, most importantly, the “I loved my wife and son - I could never have hurt them” angles. And it still ruminates through my mind: HOW could he have blown his son’s brains out? STILL! And intellectually, I completely believe he did it. But emotions are a different animal. If given an out, wouldn’t some people eagerly latch onto any excuse to convince them that SODDI?

He might be a good enough con man to sway the jury. As much as I’d love to see Creighton rake him over the coals, CW can’t know for sure what AM has concocted. And he’s had a very long time to devise his counterpoints to the evidence. He could have some twisted notions to throw everything off kilter. Although I think CW is brilliant, excellent, and superb at thinking ultra fast on his feet, he obviously can’t know those notions, for sure, in advance. That scares me.

As much as I want to hear AM’s “story” (aka lies), I hope he does not testify. I believe chances for conviction are better if he doesn’t.

When Griffin told the Judge that their client “ might “ want to take the stand.. Not today haha.. but if he did - Could the Judge please rule that the mean ole Prosecutor cannot ask their client anything about the “ financial crimes “ all I could think of is the 3rd SLED interview where they showed AM the Snapchat tree video and asked him “ When did you change clothes?” And Alec immediately said
“ Well what time was this video taken?”

An innocent man would not be trying so hard to control the narrative IMO.

The Jury has already heard about how ruthlessly AM stole money from clients and coworkers. They are smart enough to know that it goes to motive.

I’ll be shocked if AM takes the stand. But this trial has definitely had some shockers!
JMO

Murdaugh's colleague who testified today ... he said that he worked for 34 years for a 100 year old South Carolina legal institution, and suddenly he was a lawyer with 34 years experience at a brand new firm. Big difference. He pointed out that his identity, and that of his children, was attached to the integrity of the 100 year old legal institution. Alex's theft hit his partners, their children and the community.
Well, I guess he got PMPED....just like a lot of other people.

Ashleigh Banfield just now said on her show that Murdaugh will take the stand at 9:30 am tomorrow.

edit:sp
How would she know? The same rumors we’ve all heard? (No, I don’t think much of her.)

I think it’s up in the air until it’s not, which could be any time before the defense rests.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay