SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know we're all fantasizing about what we'd like to see in cross examination tomorrow. I really would like to see the police interviews played again with the spotlight on when he is lying about naptime or any other murder day lie he admitted to today. Today was about how he lied to the vulnerable people he alleged to care about with regard to the financial crimes, and I think we need another look (on tape) at him lying to police effortlessly about the crime. The visual of lying in action is important because it shows his primary lying and manipulation tactics:

1. Not answering the question being asked/inaccurately summarizing the question so he can answer the wrong question
2. Providing excessive detail
3. Flattery, apologies, pandering to sentimental feelings we all feel (Maggie's pregnancy reference is a good example)
4. Admitting a "sacrificial" lie. He admitted to lying about this smaller part of "X" so he can't be lying about the rest of "X." (Every teen in my home tries this one from time to time.)
5. Wheedling tone, and every sentence goes up at the end, as if unsure but sure enough. The uncertain tone is intended to imply that a real lie would be more emphaticly delivered, so this must be true. The wheedling is his attempt at a sincere tone, but he uses it non-stop, which is not how real humans talk.
6. AM adds a modifying statement after each lie to water down his statements, and to leave him plausible deniability later. He does not want to show excessive and detailed committment to his lies, so he can warp his answers later to suit another purpose. Many times he offers all variations on an answer, Yes, No, Maybe, Sometimes, one right after the other as a response to the same question, and you are left to select the answer that resonates with you. Like anything you see on this menu?
7. He does a fair amount of what I call Sympathy Farming-"Don't rub it in/haven't I given you enough already?" which is just , "Poor me, I don't have to answer this question that makes me look worse because I have already roasted myself." This preys on kind peoples' instincts to avoid piling on/kicking someone when they are down.

All of AM's manipulations and lies take advantage of other's instincts to be kind and to feel compassion without him showing any himself. He knows we want to believe people can't be this evil, and he is a world-class predator because of it.

Thought the prosecution's strategy today was outstanding thus far… exposed AM for the fraudster that he is and a pathological liar that will lie to your face and not think twice about it. Did he lie about the murders? Stole money from people of all walks of life so that he could live a wealthy life (a topic AM had trouble with), but it still wasn’t enough. Has selective memory when it favors him and isn’t the family man he would like y’all to believe. Brought up the badges which showed he likes the control. Doesn’t prove murder, but it’s setting the stage for the take down. Tune in tomorrow.

Additionally, this afternoon, watching Defense while they’re sitting at defense table: PRICELESS
:)

Court TV's Matt Johnson is reporting AM is sitting 6 feet from the jurors and 2 jurors (female) reached for a tissue and were crying when AM talked about PM.

Bad sign when a murderer gets on the stand and makes a couple of women cry.

He had time to come clean about being at the kennel that night many times but he didn't until he was caught and it was clear during this trial he was there. Just like his stealing, he only comes clean when he's caught then the "remorse" surfaces. It's his MO

I say he killed them because they either found or took his pills. That alone is motive enough for me. Throw in all the other stuff and he had plenty of motive. And we all know he had the means ( he had a gun in his hand when the cops arrived, the same type of gun used in one of the murders) and he definitely had the opportunity as the video puts him at the scene of the murders minutes before they took place. He's 100% guilty beyond and reasonable doubt, IMO.
AND NOW>>> He admits he LIED<<< about being there because HE GOT CAUGHT on the video! Had that video putting him there never surfaced, he would have never fessed up. So now, he says he lied because he was confused and PARANOID and that he was on DRUGS??? BS BIG TIME.

Was the "chicken" that AM "took from Bubba" in his testimony this afternoon like a fully feathered live running chicken snatched from somewhere, like just snagged going by from some nearby farm as Bubba had gotten loose that afternoon? Or was it like a denuded/cleaned chicken like the Murdaughs got from the supermarket and regularly fed their "huntin" dogs that they gave to them to "eat whole" or "parts thereof" when they weren't catching their own game/food or eating kibble in the kennel?

Honestly asking, as to why it sounded like a bit of a brouhaha on the video & audio on Paul's recording with Paul, Maggie, and Alex that is in evidence, with Maggie saying "oh my" or something similar about the dog having a whole chicken in its mouth?

Was it that unusual for Bubba being a "little dickens" for snatching the whole chicken that was meant for all the dogs in the kennel that was usually "cut up in parts" by the people who feed the dogs in the kennel? Or was it like a 'what the hey", why does that dog have a whole entire chicken all to himself (from Maggie), and then minutes later all he^^ broke loose with one of the main family dogs having been given a main distraction of a whole chicken?

JWIA (just wonderin is all)
It was a live bird, if I understood correctly. And not actually a chicken but a guinea hen, which AM said was "similar to a chicken" when queried, and then it seemed to morph into being called a chicken for the rest of the questioning.

I don't know if it was clarified but I had the impression the Murdaughs had a flock of them, probably as "guard birds" as AM described their common use. I suppose it could have been a neighbor's bird but that wasn't the impression I got. AM said when a dog caught a bird, sometimes the bird lived, sometimes it didn't, and described his putting the bird up somewhere protected to give it a chance to recover, and it sounded like it was a standard thing he did when one of the dogs got one of the birds, so not an unheard of occurrence.

MOO

I was referring to seeing this on “NBC”. It was a journalist who was there commenting on it.

I said to myself there goes the ‘one juror’. Passing tissue or anything to a defendant should be off limits.

He is sobbing, ‘engaging’ the jury face to face for sympathy. He knows how all of this works. He’s prepped clients for decades.
LOL sorry I took “did anyone see it“ literally!

Unknown assassins of unknown motive were hiding in the woods waiting for a one minute window for Alex to leave because they only wanted to kill the mother and son not the much more repugnant father, while using the father's guns commit the crime? It's called reasonable doubt, and not any imaginable possible doubt pulled out of one's nethers.
And all those dogs weren’t fussing with an intruder on the land? Mine would go crazy!

okay now I'm seeing something else...and sorry if it's been mentioned, I am late to this game..but what if he wanted his pills? did his mom have pills at her house? what if he went back and was like give me my damm pills? but they wouldn't tell him where they were or whatever..what if he fired his gun to scare them but it hit
one of them and then he had to shoot the other witness..because he was PARANOID and freaking out...?

still I don't see it..they have to show me..so far I know he's a swindler..thats all I've got. I can't really blame him for being cunning in his description of events and steering to certain things..he is an attorney after all.

mOO

I've asked several times now in multiple threads..What evidence is there that there were other people involved in this double homicide? Not one person has answered me. If you think Alex didn't do please lay out any actual evidence, direct or circumstantial that leads you to believe that Alex didn't do it? There has to be something other than a gut feeling. I've seen absolutely nothing that can be explained that points to someone else other than Alex. Furthermore if you can provide any evidence it needs to exclude Alex from the crime and crime scene logically. I'm very interested to learn what evidence explains away all of AM's activity that night for if you explain away one thing, you must explain away the other factors that do place him at the kennels minutes before PM and MM were murdered.

I look forward to your answer.

Court TV's Matt Johnson is reporting AM is sitting 6 feet from the jurors and 2 jurors (female) reached for a tissue and were crying when AM talked about PM.

I don't necessarily think this is showing sympathy for AM. I cry when I think about MM and PM and how pointless and unnecessary their deaths were. I cry when I think that PM just wanted to be loved by this nightmare of a father, and he really did not stand a chance at personal accountability being raised by him. I cry the real tears that AM doesn't in the same moments.

I have friends whose kids went to school with the Murdaughs and knew them.

I have been following this thing closely ever since the boat accident, and today - today is the first time I have EVER heard of him being called "Paw Paw".

I don't know what he's on about.

Endearment goes hand in hand with looking like a close family. Nicknames depict family intimacy in an affectionate way. A real and ‘solid’ unwavering relationship with people who know and love you the most. It implies a relationship that is tenderly nurtured. My parents are deceased and I miss hearing my family nickname.

AM knows all of the above. He’s a master manipulator.

So weird because none of the 4 other in-court reporters I heard talk today mentioned this. And I actually witnessed them sitting in court. Wonder if somebody made it up and he is passing it along.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member