SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #30

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
IMO, Waters was furious after watching AM blustering and snotting all over himself, when these emotion had not been witnessed by LE, over the murders of his wife and son, up until today, and IMO, AM was putting on a show for the jury.

All of us that follow true crime know that it is never a good idea for a defendant to take the stand in their own defense. This is trial, and the prosecution's case should be what is front and center as to proof, but when the defendant takes the stand, it becomes about the witness's credibility in the eyes of the jury. When AM decided to take the stand, AM was skillfully aware that this decision would change the focus of the jury to him, and his ability to get them to believe what he is saying versus the evidence/State's case. The burden of proof was shifted.

Usually, jurors are lay people unfamiliar with the legal process and the various preparations by the different parties, evidence exclusions, pre-trial motions and arguments, etc....

I completely understand Waters anger. If AM was willing to talk and admit to being at the kennels, why hadn't he already done so?

Also, JMO, but AM's lawyer jockeying was shown today. AM showed he is highly competent in understanding the system, working the system, and until 2021, AM was able to live a very extravagant life.

JMO. moo
AM is a Professional Con Artist, who has played Juries for years. No personal responsibility, and has been blaming others/Things All his life. The Juror handing him tissues makes me think that person is sympathetic to him already. I hate to say this, but I feel Hung Jury at this point, but we shall see.

On the day of the murders, Turrubiate-Simpson testified that Maggie and Paul had been at the family’s beach home in Edisto Island when Alex asked Maggie to return to their property in Colleton County.

According to her testimony, Maggie had been “disappointed” after telling the housekeeper that “Alex wants me to come home.”

Murdaugh testified that his wife asked him to go to the kennels the evening of the killings, so he rode down in a golf cart and wrestled a chicken away from a dog before returning to the house and deciding to go visit his ailing mother.

8:31 p.m.: John Marvin Murdaugh sends a text to several family members, including Alex and Maggie, which reads, "I plan to go over to visit dad tomorrow afternoon. Is anyone else planning to go?" Maggie Murdaugh's phone did not unlock for the notification until 8:49:26 p.m. Alex Murdaugh read it at 1:44 p.m. the following day.

He wanted her to come to Moselle to visit parent/s. They receive text about visiting dad the next day to not overlap yet I thought the visit was that evening?
Maggie never responded, Alex opened next day yet made multipy calls that night. So Alex goes and visits mom and tells no one before leaving.

Makes no sense.

Gross with the hanging snot! He is composed enough to tend to his manifestations. He is acting like he just ran out of the twin towers and is a complete wreck. Situations like that warrant real hanging snot.

Grieving is different for everyone but in his case he is acting like it just happened. Bad acting.
I have yet to see/hear him actually BLOW his nose. he just dabs at it. He is a mess

Even if you ignore the still unanswered timing problems, Alex's explanation for his kennel lie does not work by its own logic, simply because he wouldn't have known what time they were killed when he first made his lie. They could have died 5 minutes before he got back for all he would have known. He wouldn't have known that this lie would have helped him if he didn't actually know when they were killed. It'd be really weird for him to think they died before he left the property, so he would have no reason to cover up being at the kennel with them.
I have tried to keep an open mind on the facts presented in court. Although I have followed along since this murder happened, and felt like Alex did commit the murders, I tried to pretend I was a juror that did not know the backstory about the embezzlement, theft from clients, Madison Beach’s boat death and meddling with the witnesses, etc.
The testimony from witnesses during the trial has been compelling. Blanca, Shelley, his Law partners, the CFO, his paralegal… all of these paint a man that lies and steals when it benefits Alex.
Your point about his lie about being at the kennels seals it for me. >How would he know to lie to the police about being at the kennels unless he KNEW when they were killed.< Who else but the murderer would know they were killed while he was still at the property!

I want this man put away. I hope his family is not stupid enough to believe him, though they might be. He is a danger to them. He steals from them, drags them through the mud, blames them for his own problems and exterminates them. He's really capable of anything at any time...zero morals

I want this man put away. I hope his family is not stupid enough to believe him, though they might be. He is a danger to them. He steals from them, drags them through the mud, blames them for his own problems and exterminates them. He's really capable of anything at any time...zero morals
You are assuming his family has morals.

Let’s not forget about how Alex wore that solicitor badge (that his father gave him), riding around in his vehicle that he had blue lights installed in.

His excuse that he was fearful of LE is ridiculous.

Today is the anniversary of the boat crash where Mallory died.

Well, it's Felony Friday around these parts. Usually something substantial happens in big cases on Friday. After yesterdays' performance by madman AM, I can't imagine what might be in store for us today.

I think AM's testimony showed exactly who he is....a lying, heartless, fake, sly, cunning, uncaring, entitled, obnoxious jerk who is completely oblivious to everyone else around him. I hope Creighton finishes him off today, although Alex will have the advantage of rest and a night's thinking of new sheet to spew.

Should be something to behold today. I'm actually a little nervous already. Is is too early for a trip to the bar cart? :)

MOO

Well, it's Felony Friday around these parts. Usually something substantial happens in big cases on Friday. After yesterdays' performance by madman AM, I can't imagine what might be in store for us today.

I think AM's testimony showed exactly who he is....a lying, heartless, fake, sly, cunning, uncaring, entitled, obnoxious jerk who is completely oblivious to everyone else around him. I hope Creighton finishes him off today, although Alex will have the advantage of rest and a night's thinking of new sheet to spew.

Should be something to behold today. I'm actually a little nervous already. Is is too early for a trip to the bar cart? :)
Already mixing java with a punch of spirit's lol.

Heard a commentary that they expect the state to use AM’s paranoia statement against him. Maggie and Paul were asking questions about money and pills, dealing with Tinsley and the lawsuit, the firm was discovering some of his thefts, did this increase your paranoia causing you to kill your family seeking a way out of the firestorm going on around you. MOO of someone else‘s opinion :)

Last edited:
Let’s not forget about how Alex wore that solicitor badge (that his father gave him), riding around in his vehicle that he had blue lights installed in.

His excuse that he was fearful of LE is ridiculous.

Today is the anniversary of the boat crash where Mallory died.

If an appropriate way to deal with a fear of LE is wear/use a badge and get blue lights, there are millions of people who will happily use that tip.

One of the great thoughts from posts last night has stayed with me. If you didn't know they were dead at 8:49, why would you have lied about being at the kennels at 8:44 from the very start? They could have been killed at 9:30 or 9:45. The lie indicates guilt. And for the longest time, without knowing about the video at 8:44, he was increasing the possible timeline of death rather than helping LE shrink it and possibly solve the murder. Could have cleared that lie before the video discovery when he had 200+ days of recovery (more or less).

Just a thought (and I know it won't happen) but when AM gets flustered today and asks what Mr. Waters wants him to say. I hope the Mr. Waters will respond that all he wants is for AM to confess to the murders. And, then, AM does. Dream, I know.

I want CW to ask him: "How did you check their pulses/move Paul's phone over an hour after they died while not getting any blood on the soles of your shoes?" We've seen the pictures of the pools of blood and blood/water around them. Doesn't matter if he's 6'4", he's not got Stretch Armstrong arms.

If an appropriate way to deal with a fear of LE is wear/use a badge and get blue lights, there are millions of people who will happily use that tip.

One of the great thoughts from posts last night has stayed with me. If you didn't know they were dead at 8:49, why would you have lied about being at the kennels at 8:44 from the very start? They could have been killed at 9:30 or 9:45. The lie indicates guilt. And for the longest time, without knowing about the video at 8:44, he was increasing the possible timeline of death rather than helping LE shrink it and possibly solve the murder. Could have cleared that lie before the video discovery when he had 200+ days of recovery (more or less).
Yes, another great point about not helping with time line.

We've had weeks of testimony to that end. It makes sense that Waters would want to confront him with these crimes and humanize the victims but I think we all get it. I'm afraid he's going to lose the jury if he doesn't get on with it. IMO
Waters is strategic. He hasn't lost one jury member. MOO, they were sitting on the edge of their seats like the most of us, including the courtroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CourtKnee