SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Law Enforcement does not clean up after crimes. Once they release the scene, it is up to the family to clean up whatever is left.
My ex-husband's uncle was murdered in his home and the family hired a clean up crew from the midwest to come and clean up the scene once law enforecement released it.
MOO - but I can hardly see any of the M family cleaning up after a crime scene.
Seems they would want all the pieces of the human body. Personally, I could NEVER leave that at the scene for family to clean up. They covered with dirt the spots where MM was in the grass. Maybe sweep up the kid's brains would be nice. Seems so sloppy.

"He wiped his face with his shirt and that is how we knew he murdered them" said LE to JMM when they told him AM's shirt was covered in blood, which it wasn't. This fabrication was presented to the GJ as fact which led to his indictment. Full stop.

All the evidence of prior bad acts. Unbelievable that this was admitted.

A raincoat no one recognizes.

Question:

During field trip I’m understanding nobody will be with them on either side to make Any statements, and the jurors are not allowed to discuss the case with each other, so are they relying on the jurors remembering the scenes they’ve been shown from the trial? It’s easy for us because many of us have studied every detail online including drone footage.
Gosh I hope you are correct. One of the reporters on L&C was saying how the press was going to go, Alec, all the lawyers, etc. I couldn't imagine Judge Newman handling it that way.

Boo. Hoo, for the press. LOL. But what you bet one of them scoots out there in the dark tonight and hides in a tree with a camera? Or sets up a remote camera to check on after the field trip. They all seem so hungry for the scoop.

I do believe it is!
Well oh well. If that be the case, behind the defense and defendant table? Very interesting….. (in the best Inspector Clouseau / Peter Sellers’s accent).

Maybe there is some truth to the fear if convicted and work on a potential pardon?

Seems improper for that type of influential person to be there in that fashion. And in eye-shot of the jury. Astounding to me. Yes, I live up north. MO.

ETA…. this pops up on a quick search. Defense counsel Harpootlian receiving endorsement from Clyburn circa 2018 apparently.

Attachments

• CC02737A-8BC8-4DE7-B198-07AA844AF5CE.png
    CC02737A-8BC8-4DE7-B198-07AA844AF5CE.png
    202.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I think the State took it easy on the family and people who actually cared about MM and PM because IMO it would come across as cruel to the jury.

IMO, they made their points without having to traumatize an already traumatized group of people that have been supporting a liar and crook.

JMO. moo
I know you're probably right, but boy John Marvin got a little bit too glib there at the end IMO. You forgot to add supporting a murderer....hah.

moo

If he used this blue raincoat, why would he hide it at his parents? Why not just destroy it or throw it out, as people suggest he did with the guns.
Good question. I think maybe it’s just a mistake or had someone else get the guns, did not know about the rain coat or nothing to do with the murders. The house at Almeda was not searched till September after the murders

I'm sad to say that I think the State's cross of John Marvin was weak. I was hoping they would pin him down on a few discrepancies.

MOO
I think what he got out of him was great. Alex lying about his dad during that chat that he claimed wasn't anything he was worried about suggests otherwise. So Alex tried to say she was lying about how serious the conversation was.. now we know he must have been concerned because HE lied about his dad being terminal to get out of having that conversation.

We heard from the assistant that later when Alex called her requesting info about his 401K she was surprised that he was still there since he had just found out the news about his dad. Also suggesting that Alex lied and said he was terminal so her reaction seems genuine. They ended a conversation where he was being confronted because he finds out his dad is dying and then he stays at work for several more hours?

It just proved to the jury that the tearful sorry Alex that took the stand to proclaim how he was now being truthful, was still lying when he claimed that conversation wasn't serious and that his assistant must be the one that is not remembering it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gisberthanekroot