SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m new with forums and stuff, but I saw the Netflix documentary of this case, yesterday and still wanted to know how everything was going with the trial. Found the forum after watching the Web of death episode and thought I could find some information here. I will try to follow haha
Welcome! Some helpful info is on page one of this thread. There is media, maps , link there that has lots of the media reporting of the trial so far and you can sorta read through that for a quick get caught up type post.

Alex claims he never had any blue thing. So the known liar claims he never had an item and brought it into the house. Then we have a believable witness that did see him with an item. So weather connected or not, he is shady and his actions have been questionable and he's lied a lot.

That he lied about it means he probably did have the guns in the raincoat at some time..

Gosh I hope you are correct. One of the reporters on L&C was saying how the press was going to go, Alec, all the lawyers, etc. I couldn't imagine Judge Newman handling it that way.

Boo. Hoo, for the press. LOL. But what you bet one of them scoots out there in the dark tonight and hides in a tree with a camera? Or sets up a remote camera to check on after the field trip. They all seem so hungry for the scoop.
Quite possibly drones will be flying during the field trip. Lets see if the FAA restricts the airspace over Moselle or if the judge will order a no fly zone for the press.

I’m new with forums and stuff, but I saw the Netflix documentary of this case, yesterday and still wanted to know how everything was going with the trial. Found the forum after watching the Web of death episode and thought I could find some information here. I will try to follow haha
Welcome to Websleuths!

People on this particular trial forum are amazing. Many are veteran trial watchers, and, of course, some are attorneys or have other expertise.

This case is crazy and the more I learn about it, the more exotic and wild the entire situation seems!

Gosh I hope you are correct. One of the reporters on L&C was saying how the press was going to go, Alec, all the lawyers, etc. I couldn't imagine Judge Newman handling it that way.

Boo. Hoo, for the press. LOL. But what you bet one of them scoots out there in the dark tonight and hides in a tree with a camera? Or sets up a remote camera to check on after the field trip. They all seem so hungry for the scoop.
Scares me - seems like there would be so many opportunities for jurors to be photographed by nosy press and paparazzi,etc. which could cause so many problems. Plus, the scene is so different from June 7, 2021. Those trees are now a more like a forest which was formerly more like a field between the house and kennels, IIRC.

No, I was actually asking if the jurors are supposed to remember what’s what at Moselle. I didn’t know that the whole gang might be going … I don’t like that idea at all.

Seems they would want all the pieces of the human body. Personally, I could NEVER leave that at the scene for family to clean up. They covered with dirt the spots where MM was in the grass. Maybe sweep up the kid's brains would be nice. Seems so sloppy.

"He wiped his face with his shirt and that is how we knew he murdered them" said LE to JMM when they told him AM's shirt was covered in blood, which it wasn't. This fabrication was presented to the GJ as fact which led to his indictment. Full stop.

All the evidence of prior bad acts. Unbelievable that this was admitted.

A raincoat no one recognizes.

Yeah, in Arizona LEO completely cleans up everything for the family. Just ask Lori Vallow Daybell. Charles Vallow was killed by her brother, Alex (self defense, of course), and LEO cleaned up all blood spatter so Lori Vallow could have a pool party that night for friends.

If he used this blue raincoat, why would he hide it at his parents? Why not just destroy it or throw it out, as people suggest he did with the guns.
Never a perfect crime. Maybe he thought, being a big hunter in a family of big hunters, that having GSR on a coat is no big deal. He probably thought he could just hide it at his Mom's and clean it or dispose of it later? Not thinking clearly

JMM was saying that SLED had "lied" when they told him that they had a T-shirt "covered in blood"....
Thank you. But why would him wiping his face with his shirt indicate anything about him being “the one”? They saw him wipe his face with the shirt and thought “aha, it’s him!”?

What am I missing?

Seems they would want all the pieces of the human body. Personally, I could NEVER leave that at the scene for family to clean up. They covered with dirt the spots where MM was in the grass. Maybe sweep up the kid's brains would be nice. Seems so sloppy.

"He wiped his face with his shirt and that is how we knew he murdered them" said LE to JMM when they told him AM's shirt was covered in blood, which it wasn't. This fabrication was presented to the GJ as fact which led to his indictment. Full stop.

All the evidence of prior bad acts. Unbelievable that this was admitted.

A raincoat no one recognizes.
Maybe Alex bought it and no one has seen it, that does not negate the testimony of SS who saw Alex with a blue crumpled up rain coat, she has no reason to lie. Again, it is not LE’s responsibility to clean the crime scene, they do their investigation and then it’s up to the family. His brain was intact except for a few small pieces and they did take that with them. I don’t disagree they did a sloppy job, but that doesn’t negate all the evidence against Alex. MOO

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ellick will serve many years in prison on other charges no matter what happens in this trial -

I don't know, he is a snake. It wouldn't surprise me what he could get away with, including a pardon. I think that he thinks he will beat this. Narcissists continue to believe that others are inferior beings to their super brain power. AM probably thinks that this is just a show for him and his superior brain power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1