SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #33

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe Alex bought it and no one has seen it, that does not negate the testimony of SS who saw Alex with a blue crumpled up rain coat, she has no reason to lie. Again, it is not LE’s responsibility to clean the crime scene, they do their investigation and then it’s up to the family. I don’t disagree they did a sloppy job, but that doesn’t negate all the evidence against Alex. MOO
Exactly! JMM acting all incredulous that they had to clean up. Headshot murders everywhere, some poor family has to do the clean up or, if they have the means, they hire a company like After Disaster to do the clean up. There might be some places that it's in the budget for the police dept to have it cleaned, but I can't imagine very many. I know it doesn't happen where I'm at. I had personal friends who had to hire a company in one instance, friends of the family did it in another.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ellick will serve many years in prison on other charges no matter what happens in this trial

he should be in jail for the rest of his life. Before he testified, I thought they still might have a way to get him off but after his testimony and admitting to his crimes, I think his financial crimes are a done deal. I think it might make a difference of what type of prison he is sent to, if he is convicted of murder versus a white-collar financial crime. I am very much hoping for a guilty verdict on the murders moo

Since the defense has rested, I can finally type a couple of my fears for the defense case. I started to post this a couple times, but sat on my hands lol.

First, that they were going to get testimony that Alex was a left hand shooter and second that someone saw him in the shooting clothing after June 7.

The whole swapping vehicles sequence of events was mind boggling. I need to see a written transcript to follow who took whose car. How can the jury manage if they can’t take notes?

one thing jumped out at me, but maybe I missed something JMM said. I swore he said Paul’s farm truck was in the shop for repairs on the morning of June 7. But that winds up being the truck JMM drives late that night to Moselle, the truck that breaks down. So was it repaired and broke down on him anyway?

If the other brother was driving their father halfway to meet JMM so JMM could drive the father to the doctor’s appointment on time, why couldn’t JMM just keep driving his own truck, with father inside? Why did JMM have to switch to driving their mother’s car? Perhaps easier for the dad to climb into it?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Ellick will serve many years in prison on other charges no matter what happens in this trial -
In addition to financial crimes, I assume the drug trafficking, manufacturing and distribution charges are still pending. I don’t know whether there’s a place to see if those charges still exist.

“Both men were charged with possessing, manufacturing or distributing narcotics, and are being held in jail - Smith on a $250,000 bond.”

Scares me - seems like there would be so many opportunities for jurors to be photographed by nosy press and paparazzi,etc. which could cause so many problems. Plus, the scene is so different from June 7, 2021. Those trees are now a more like a forest which was formerly more like a field between the house and kennels, IIRC.
The press sees the jurors everyday. They can be photographed entering or leaving the courthouse or at the grocery store, etc. I don't believe the press is intent on photographing the jurors at this point in the trial. They'll be much more interested in them after the verdict. As for the trees, I trust that Judge Newman will confine their visit to the kennels and will make sure they understand the scene is not the way it was on 6-7-21. IMO, this visit may actually make it easier for the jurors to conclude that AM was able to easily use 2 weapons.

The whole swapping vehicles sequence of events was mind boggling. I need to see a written transcript to follow who took whose car. How can the jury manage if they can’t take notes?

one thing jumped out at me, but maybe I missed something JMM said. I swore he said Paul’s farm truck was in the shop for repairs on the morning of June 7. But that winds up being the truck JMM droves late that night to Moselle, the truck that breaks down. So was it repaired and broke down on him anyway?

If the other brother was driving their father halfway to meet JMM so JMM could drive the father to the doctor’s appointment on time, why couldn’t JMM just keep driving his own truck, with father inside? Why did JMM have to switch to driving their mother’s car? Perhaps easier for the dad to climb into it?
I don’t know, but since the prosecution asked about this truck and the defense (Imo) preemptively brought up the whole topic, there must be something significant about it that the prosecution will cover either in their rebuttal case and/or closing argument. Otherwise, why even mention this farm truck/logistics thing?

The press sees the jurors everyday. They can be photographed entering or leaving the courthouse or at the grocery store, etc. I don't believe the press is intent on photographing the jurors at this point in the trial. They'll be much more interested in them after the verdict. As for the trees, I trust that Judge Newman will confine their visit to the kennels and will make sure they understand the scene is not the way it was on 6-7-21. IMO, this visit may actually make it easier for the jurors to conclude that AM was able to easily use 2 weapons.
The whole “the trees have grown since then” is odd. No one has said that a shooter hid behind trees or that one escaped through a forest of narrow trees or anything other than the dogs running to a treed area to do their business And some fruit trees that were leaning over. A weak attempt on the prosecutor’s side to prevent the trip unless I missed something about the trees.

Hope thos hogs have gone hog wild all over that property and it made the purchase price lower.

I hope not. The Beach family and other's suing the estate of MM, PM and AM, himself will be the losers if that is the case. I want it to be glorious and resplendent with wild life, sunflowers, and corn for those who have been grifted by these folks.

Let me get this straight.

PM is working in Okatie and using the old farm truck rather than his F150 Platinum that is exactly like JMM's. This is because PM's F150 is in the shop.

JMM gets a call from RM4 asking him if he can take RM3 to his doctor's appointment (in Savannah, I believe) as RM3 is having trouble breathing, but RM4 cannot make the entire trip himself as he has time sensitive appointments later in the day.

JMM agrees and they decide to meet halfway, in Ridgeland. RM4 drives RM3 to Ridgeland in RM3's car. JMM chooses to drive to Ridgeland in PM's old farm truck rather than his own pickup (which he leaves in Okatie for PM).

Why would JMM choose to take the old farm truck for this important trip where a breakdown would be a major inconvenience (since a breakdown could delay JMM meeting to pickup RM3 or, if the breakdown occurs after JMM and RM3 continue on in RM3's vehicle could delay RM4 from getting to his time sensitive meetings)?

Why wouldn't JMM take his own F150 and let PM take the farm truck?

I can't believe that John Marvin testified that the boat crash was blown out of proportion. I think that was the most jaw-dropping statements I've heard in the trial, second to "Alex Murdaugh would like to take the stand".

I don’t know, but since the prosecution asked about this truck and the defense (Imo) preemptively brought up the whole topic, there must be something significant about it that the prosecution will cover either in their rebuttal case and/or closing argument. Otherwise, why even mention this farm truck/logistics thing?
I assumed it was to explain why Paul wasn’t there in his own truck, which I think Alex initially said Paul was driving? And maybe to subtly show that JMM himself was not there… What a mess.

The whole “the trees have grown since then” is odd. No one has said that a shooter hid behind trees or that one escaped through a forest of narrow trees or anything other than the dogs running to a trees area to do their business And some fruit trees that were leaning over. A weak attempt on the prosecutor’s side to prevent the trip unless I missed something about the trees.

The issue with the trees would be sound dampening and ability to see the lights at the kennel and house. If it is seen as secluded, there would be more of a chance of the jury thinking that AM could not hear or see from the house or the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BanPokies1