SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
While I do think he did it or somehow was involved. I am on the fence on if they proved there is no other reasonable explanation for the murders. I think he is most likely guilty, but there is a chance someone else did it. His family is so influential in that area who knows what people helped him cover things or "looked the other way" when investigating for evidence. He is still on the hook for 99+ other charges after this as well that are much easier to prove
I do not care if he has 1000 other charges. He killed them and should go to jail for it!

I do not care if he has 1000 other charges. He killed them and should go to jail for it!
Like I said he is probably guilty of some part of the murder's, but the evidence still leaves slight doubt that can get him off since it has to be "beyond a reasonable doubt" that he did it. The evidence from the state has holes in it that can theoretically have someone else do it.

don't get me wrong he was involved in this, but is there enough to say he did. IMO they don't have it all.

What that says to me, they are one powerful family...
Dick and Jim have been all over the airways for the past year and a half, shaping the narrative they prefer. Most media has just eaten it up because most media is lazy these days. Plus, Alex hired a PR firm long ago. I’m convinced the Murdaugh camp has paid minions to spread their narrative on social media.

Well I feel like the defense knows they are toast. Alex knows his lying and attempted manipulation on the stand didn't work. Their experts made no sense and contradicted each other. Now the state is just pointing out the various lies that were put on the stand during the defense case. They don't like that and are trying to distract from the real issue that their client is still lying and their experts are not accurate.

I don’t see how this can change anything. If the shooter was closer, kneeling, standing, or laying on the floor, the result was the same.
Agreed.
It doesn't change the fact the AM was at that murder scene minutes before they were murdered and doesn't change the fact that he lied about being there to anyone who would listen even before the investigation into him had started.
MOO

Well I feel like the defense knows they are toast. Alex knows his lying and attempted manipulation on the stand didn't work. Their experts made no sense and contradicted each other. Now the state is just pointing out the various lies that were put on the stand during the defense case. They don't like that and are trying to distract from the real issue that their client is still lying and their experts are not accurate.

They're actually just being defense lawyers who are trying to defend their client. Some people, it appears, want the defense to put on the prosecution's case as well. JMO

DH has all guns blazing today, unfortunatly he doesn't understand how those guns work and he's fighting with all the witnesses today.
AM spent the better part of two days rambling and going off into the weeds and JMM spent way too much time talking about AM's bowel issues but God Forbid the doctor get to talk about gun wounds. JMO
That's what you (DH) do when you know you're losing. Battle with witnesses. He's a mean bully. moo

While I do think he did it or somehow was involved. I am on the fence on if they proved there is no other reasonable explanation for the murders. I think he is most likely guilty, but there is a chance someone else did it. His family is so influential in that area who knows what people helped him cover things or "looked the other way" when investigating for evidence. He is still on the hook for 99+ other charges after this as well that are much easier to prove
Timing of the phone calls, and timing of dog video.....and slowing down to drop off Maggie's cell phone on the road did it for me. He wanted Maggie to come back to visit his ailing parent then left without taking her. Timing of hearing for boat case.....just so much circumstantial evidence.

Now maybe Alex asked someone to hose down the bodies....but I am convinced he pulled the triggers.

Exactly! I'd say holding him accountable for this is even more important. He doesn't want to be known as a family annihilator. He wants to shape the story still.. I did lie and steal from all these people, but hey I was on drugs.. (so he can excuse his evil deeds and save face by now being clean and sober for his 500+ days and blah blah.. it isn't even owning up to those things because it's always followed with "but my drug habit made me do it"

I was rather shocked that the judge allowed DH to insult the witness that way.

I've watched some of CNN's coverage of the trial, they have people on who (I think) give a better analysis of the trial (perhaps more experienced people/attorneys on CNN). L&C Network just doesn't seem as professional, IMO.

Not just L&C. Almost every outlet I see outside of WS doesn't think the state has done enough to prove he murdered them. They've established he's a liar, cheat, thief, etc...

I'll also note that almost every outlet I've seen (also outside of WS) thinks AM taking the stand and how he did was a huge win for the defense.

Just my observations

Omg did DH really say she's going off on a diatribe.. like his client didn't go off on many diatribes. Now he's badgering her and trying to belittle her.

Dick and Jim have been all over the airways for the past year and a half, shaping the narrative they prefer. Most media has just eaten it up because most media is lazy these days. Plus, Alex hired a PR firm long ago. I’m convinced the Murdaugh camp has paid minions to spread their narrative on social media.
I don’t doubt that at all! Excellent point …. Typical of many people lately who buy the media …

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe