SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed.
It doesn't change the fact the AM was at that murder scene minutes before they were murdered and doesn't change the fact that he lied about being there to anyone who would listen even before the investigation into him had started.
MOO

This is my feeling, that there is so much debate going around on other topics why aren’t we talking about AM being at the scene? It would be different if he was at another location but he was there and he said there was no one else there!

The state calls its second reply witness, MUSC forensic pathologist Dr. Ellen Riemer.

Riemer reminds the jury she has performed about 5,500 autopsies, including a few since she was last here to testify in this case.

That cross-examination of Crosby was probably Harpootlian's most effective work since the trial began.

Riemer testifies that the defense’s experts used skin tags to judge the direction of the shotgun blast that killed Paul. She says skin tags are not reliable, especially when on soft tissue.

If the fatal shotgun blast had been a contact wound to the back of Paul’s head, Riemer testifies, the damage to Paul’s skull would have been much worse. His face would not have been left intact as it was, she testifies.

“There is no way that these features are consistent with a contact shotgun wound to the head,” Riemer says. Also, she says, the wounds on Paul’s shoulder and neck are consistent with entry wounds.

Riemer repeatedly and forcefully disagrees with the defense expert witness we heard from yesterday. Waters is done questioning her. Harpootlian is back up for cross-examination.

We are on a short break. Harpootlian has become combative with Dr. Riemer, and she is giving it right back. I think this might be a trend today.

On second read of that reversal by the judge, it appears the media pool is only visiting Moselle *after* the jury visit. So we won’t be there to see the jury take it in. I don’t really see the point.

I’ve been dancing around this the entire trial but I just going to say it, DH is a piece of #&*$.
His true slimy self is revealed today. So disrespectful to all the witnesses especially Dr R who is a respected professional. DH DOES NOT WANT THE TRUTH! He would rather use smoke and mirrors and impugn the reputation of good people just to get his lying, stealing, murdering client off.

I hope the jury is paying attention to the defense’s reaction today … if I were a juror I would think the defense is concerned they’re losing their case and that would make me say “why?”

Dick and Jim have been all over the airways for the past year and a half, shaping the narrative they prefer. Most media has just eaten it up because most media is lazy these days. Plus, Alex hired a PR firm long ago. I’m convinced the Murdaugh camp has paid minions to spread their narrative on social media.

1000%. They are pros. Generations of courtroom success and knowledge.

I retracted that. Initially I thought he was shady because he was in on some of the land deals with Barret Boulware, but on the stand he explained he just purchased land to help Barret when he needed money for cancer treatment.

Thanks, I was wondering if I missed something which is very possible because I can’t always read every post.

They're actually just being defense lawyers who are trying to defend their client. Some people, it appears, want the defense to put on the prosecution's case as well. JMO
I never said they weren't being defense lawyers. Their client got on the stand and lied and their experts made no sense. Now they are trying to discredit others that expose those lies by suggesting those people are either lying themselves, being unethical because they are mad or that they just don't know what they are talking about. I get that they are being defense lawyers. Doesn't mean it's okay to behave the way DH has been behaving.

I’ve been dancing around this the entire trial but I just going to say it, DH is a piece of #&*$.
His true slimy self is revealed today. So disrespectful to all the witnesses especially Dr R who is a respected professional. DH DOES NOT WANT THE TRUTH! He would rather use smoke and mirrors and impugn the reputation of good people just to get his lying, stealing, murdering client off.
I wonder if DH has ever had to work this hard. He supposedly is well known but for what?? Bullying, yelling, twisting testimony and inserting facts that aren't facts. Who does he think he is??? In comparison to some I've seen he is an amateur!

When experts don't agree and have differing expert testimony it gives room for jurors to have reasonable doubt.
Dr. Riemer did a good job disproving the defense's expert witness, especially regarding the skin tags. I think the jury will not see it as a differing of opinions, but as a correction to what the defense's witness had stated, Riemer did a very good job proving it. She is the one who actually performed the autopsies.

Dick and Jim have been all over the airways for the past year and a half, shaping the narrative they prefer. Most media has just eaten it up because most media is lazy these days. Plus, Alex hired a PR firm long ago. I’m convinced the Murdaugh camp has paid minions to spread their narrative on social media.
I sure hope those minions got their money up front in the form of direct deposit before they entered their first words. If not, well they're probably sol. I agree the media is lazy and would add they encourage their consumers to be just as lazy. jmo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay