SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've watched enough trials to know this isn't a slam dunk for the state.
No trial is a slam dunk … we remember Casey Anthony and OJ Simpson. Verdicts aren’t always predictable. Since it only takes one juror to stop a guilty verdict, I wouldn’t bet my life on guilty, even though I feel the circumstances of this case could easily allow for a guilty verdict.

The prosecution has proved that no one else could have committed these murders. There simply is not a reasonable alternative version. That’s the very definition of “beyond reasonable doubt.”

I mean, one could say SLED had tunnel vision and didn't exert much energy into looking into other theories. For me, the amount of money that's been changing hands with AM, Curtis Eddie Smith, the amount spent on pills, etc...just doesn't add up to me. I've said since the beginning and I still feel there is much more to what happened. I'm wrong all the time but it just don't add up to me.

Yes, they know that the majority of people have not listened to every minute of the trial like many of us here have and, most importantly, the jury.

Then the masses flip out when a jury decision doesn't go the way their favorite commentator says it is likely to go.

It's actually amusing to watch it happen.
Most recent was the George Wagner trial. I was always surprised to see so many say it wasn't proven, there's not evidence he participated, it's going to take a week, there will be a hung jury, etc. It was on this forum and others plus commentators on TV. Then it only took 7 hours guilty on all including specifications. It was what I felt the entire time and when he took the stand that made me think this just made it so easy for the jury. They either believe him or don't. I see a defendant on the stand and it really changes how the jury likely has to think about it. In that case all they had to believe was he had any part in it and he was guilty. He took the stand it was bad.. almost as bad as ole Alex on the stand so I just felt that helped them right there because any questions they had about maybe he didn't do xyz.. just melted away. His story didn't make sense.

I actually find Harpootlian's anger and tone scary, and I'm thousands of miles away from him watching him on-line. JMO.
His aggressive behavior is not a good look. There's a fine line between aggressive and assertive. He appears to be unaware of where the line is. Any argument he had gets lost with his style. jmo

Mr. Harpo is an excellent trial lawyer as is the other defense attorney. As good as it gets.

With all the half-truths, lies from the past, stealing, drugs, it still doesn't prove that AM killed his family.

What motive? Having Paul dead would not affect the boat lawsuit at all.

Mags was going to divorce him? So what? Nothing from nothing is nothing.

They hid his pills? So what? He can get more.

SLED was shady AF with the shirt lie and the raincoat.

I would have to vote NG.

It’s obvious from the beginning that the defense would like the jury to believe PM shot his mother with the blackout rifle, then shot himself with a shotgun. I don’t buy that supposition at all.

after AM uttered the word here on the 911 call as if he was talking to someone while being asked a question by 911...pauses and says 'here" as if distracted and moved the phone away from his mouth.....he is sticking to his story to this day that the dog (s) were not out of the kennel and even suggests what he WASNT doing at that time. I do believe he did put the dog back because they were not out when LE arrived. there is always truth in between lies.

and of course, he stuck to his story he was never there until the audio was discovered. he couldnt explain that utterance in August 2021 to LE and had all this time to piece together an explanation as to what he was referring to..its disjointed and out of order as to the 911 recorded call. I think he was talking to someone. IMO

Aren't all defense attorneys trying to discredit witnesses that can expose the defendent to a conviction?

Yes, but the defense attorney doesn’t have to be an @$$ about it.
DH is over the top disrespectful and continuing his attempt at bullying women on the stand. All women, whether they’re professionals or housekeepers.

It’s obvious from the beginning that the defense would like the jury to believe PM shot his mother with the blackout rifle, then shot himself with a shotgun. I don’t buy that supposition at all.

Yes, but the defense attorney doesn’t have to be an @$$ about it.
DH is over the top disrespectful and continuing his attempt at bullying women on the stand. All women, whether they’re professionals or housekeepers.

He just attempted to bully a male witness like an hour ago.

ETA: I also would think everyone would enjoy that since it would more than likely make the jury more enamored to CW than DH/JG.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dianthe