SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha! Live stream by Brian Entin. Happens across a local couple driving by Moselle who think he's guilty. They said all locals think he's guilty. But they think it will be a hung jury.
Also said that no one drives 80mph on those roads due to the deer, etc.

ETA: Has dealt with JMM. Mentioned that hearsay has it (PM's girlfriend) that JMM helped after the truck accident. "Cover up after cover up". "And why did AM lie about his alibi?" "Who spends $50k/month on drugs?"
BBM
This is exactly how I see it!

1. They said all locals think he's guilty.

2. But they think it will be a hung jury.

****Also said that no one drives 80mph on those roads due to the deer, etc.

I disagree with you as I don't find any other reasonable explanation. The timeframe is too tight and AM is bent up like a pretzel...changing things to fit the facts, however improbable his 'new story' is.

But I certainly appreciate your view and the view of others who don't think the prosecution has proven his guilt beyond a reasonable doubt. I'm glad we don't have just one big group think as it promotes confirmation bias. We all look at things through a different lens.
I am 998.99999999% sure he did it, but physical evidence from what I have heard is iffy. Then again I haven't gone into super details either. From listening to some lawyers talking about it they all think he probably did, but the state didn't have significant physical proof. It also doesn't help that jurors aren't allowed to take notes. Overall I hope that he is found guilty, but to me when looking at the law from what I have learned he definitely knew what to do with the evidence (clothing, guns, etc) and probably had help/influence in them not doing full search. I have heard they let the house be cleaned the next day and that the drains weren't swabbed, etc.

I am also feeling that unfortunately this man has a reputation and influence that goes wide that even if the jurors say they are impartial they may be influenced by this master manipulator and wouldn't put it past them. I am going with 99% think he is guilty, but depending on peoples view on "reasonable doubt" it will be hung jury

I think it just seems that way because this forum is extremely pro prosecution. imo.
When the evidence presented leads you firmly by the hand down that path, actually scoops you up and carries you down that path, being convinced beyond a reasonable doubt is a satisfying journey to justice for the victims of unspeakable betrayal and cold-blooded murder. It's a big picture being presented in this case by the prosecution and it's very clear. AJMO

Do we know much about the jury? I know it is 10 white, 2 black, do we know their level of education?

Eight women, four men. Hmmm. No other information.

Last edited:
just gonna go ahead and say it....

I think he is an awful man and liar.. BUT considering all the things the family has been accused of I don't really know if I could say 100% that there is no one else who could of killed them.

also - weird twist.. A's " biggest concern was clearing his sons name. " Could it be murder suicide and A cleaned up so his son would not be labeled as the killer / suicide?

Was Buster thoroughly invesHeck
IMO Buster had nothing to do with it.

The kennel video was not on Snapchat ( the wobbly tree video was).
Kennel video was just on Paul’s phone and never sent to anyone.
No one knew it existed for a year because it took them that long to unlock the phone.

JMO
Why in the world would AM not think to destroy the phones, too?

The children may get to meet AM in person when they and that bus get hauled away to the county. It’s still the 80s here in the drug war south.
Sadly reminds me of poor Pam Buckley and James Freund. :(

Hog story: many yrs ago my four dogs were barking furiously- 3 Shih Tzu’s 1 Lab. Common occurrence. My son, prob 8ish goes to see what’s up, bc it was an extended barking session. He comes running up and says, “Mom, you e got to see this!”. I go out and they have been barking at what appeared to me to be 3 gigantic pigs on the other side of our chicken wire fence, going crazy at the new plantings our neighbor just placed. Shocked wasn’t the word! Anyway, I called animal co trial and they were flabbergasted, we are not rural. Someone had them in their makeshift farm around the corner they should not have.

the cell phone toss guy....im not sure what the state's intent was. It is my understanding that jurors are not allowed to do their "experiments' in deliberations because its outside of a controlled environment and cannot be accurately duplicated. so maybe, since he was not an expert in cell phone toss physics and it wasnt done in a controlled environment or documented or filmed...and original testimony IIRC only showed the guy picking the phone up and putting down, no video toss...so...they can have a go at it? :cool:

Last edited:
I got the Kind Veggie Burritos going for the lazy slackers like me!! Whipping ‘‘em up in the back as we speak! Don’t mind the cook; he’s a happy drunk! :D

That cellphone testimony was ridiculous! Geez, I need to start doing consultant work for trials, at $500 an hour. And show off my "I-Phone Frisbee flinging". I can see it now..."Ms. Mickey, how did you throw the I-Phone?". "Well, I realized if thrown like a Frisbee....".
Thrown like a Frisbee??? That's it?
Ok....
Well we got --
Stuck my hand in his armpit...
Loopa loopas shooting people up...
Edit: ya Alex pooped in his brother's car.

What next??

Last edited:
From listening to some lawyers talking about it they all think he probably did, but the state didn't have significant physical proof.

The phone data is physical proof, it establishes he was at the scene 4 minutes before they were killed, and that the shooting took place while he was on the property. The forensic medical and crime scene data also shows that it was a surprise attack, which indicates the shooter was someone they know. You combine that with Alex's laughable story of leaving the second after that video was taken to hightail it back to the house so he could run inside to be soundproofed by a loud TV so he didn't hear anything, and then take a quick power nap and wake up and run around the house busier than he's ever been all day for reasons he cannot explain, and then leave the property without bothering to take a quick left to the kennels to let them know he's leaving when Maggie didn't respond. Plus that he lied about being at the kennels when if he were innocent he wouldn't have known when the shooting took place, he would have assumed it was after he had left the property not before. There would have been no reason to lie about that even if he were in a drug-induced hyperparanoia.

There's simply zero doubt when you actually consider the evidence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member