SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #34

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s the significance of that gun being in evidence?

Parker Law Group attorney Ronnie Crosby, one of AM's former law partners, is the state's first reply witness. We have heard his testimony twice already, once with the jury excused and once with jurors present.

Waters asks Crosby about what he would take with him when he rode around the Moselle property with Paul Murdaugh. Harpootlian objects, says this isn’t appropriate for a reply case. Waters rephrases. Harpootlian objects again.

Crosby testifies typically, you’d take a rifle with you as you rode around looking for hogs, so you could shoot them. Harpootlian objects: Crosby is giving an opinion. He is not a qualified expert.
Judge Newman: Overruled.

Crosby: I would actually disagree with Mr. Harpootlian. I am an expert in killing hogs. Have killed hundreds of them. Harpootlian: Objection, your honor. I apologize to the witness.

Waters: What did AM tell you about whether he checked Paul and Maggie’s bodies before calling 911? Crosby: My understanding was that he said he checked Paul and Maggie before calling 911. “That was clear to me.”

Harpootlian has objected five times so far in Ronnie Crosby's testimony, which began 7 minutes ago. All overruled.

Waters asks Crosby about Alex Murdaugh’s courtroom prowess, trying to remind the jury not to believe what they heard from AM last week. Crosby: “He was a theatrical type presence in the courtroom, and he could get very emotional doing closing arguments in front of a jury.”

By my count, Harpootlian objected nine times during Crosby's 15-minute direct examination. Judge Newman overruled all the objections.

On cross-examination, Harpootlian notes that Crosby represents personal injury clients who have gone through traumatic experiences. Isn’t it normal, he says, for trauma victims do misremember details or get times wrong when describing one of the worst events of their lives?

Crosby: “They can. But I also find that people who have been involved in traumatic experiences try to be very accurate with details because they know it’s important to who is representing them.” Crosby says it helps to have video or documents to help them remember.

Harpootlian: That would not be unusual in your business for someone in AM’s position to not get things right? Crosby: “You’re trying to take me somewhere you probably don’t want to.” This starts a VERY testy exchange. Updates coming.

Harpootlian: Have much have you had to pay to AM’s victims? Crosby: We have had to borrow millions to pay back victims. Can’t say how much. If you’re implying that I could come in here and somehow shade the truth in some way because of that, I take high offense to that.

Harpootlian and Crosby start to raise their voices. H: “You’re angry at him for stealing your money.” C: “I have no feeling one way or another.” H: “You don’t have any feeling about Alex Murdaugh stealing your money?!”

Harpootlian pushing Crosby's buttons: “You are not angry at Alex Murdaugh?” C: “I have had anger, extreme anger, at him, Mr. Harpootlian because of what he did …” to our clients, our law firm. “Yes, I have experienced a lot of anger.” Crosby says he has let that go.

Harpootlian, now that he has Crosby riled up. “Do you think he did it?” Crosby: “I don’t have an opinion. I don’t have the benefit of the materials you have.”

Harpootlian: “Even though it has cost your firm, and it’s cost millions of dollars to you, you’ve forgiven him (AM)? Crosby: “I didn’t say I forgave him. I said I had no feelings. I’ve had to work on that.”

Crosby: “There’s a lot of emotion there. … I have found a way to have no feelings. It’s not forgiveness.” Harpootlian: “You’re not angry here today? You’re not angry here at all?” Crosby: “I’m not angry.”

Crosby: I take issue with you trying to imply that I’m lying here today because I’m angry at AM. Harpootlian, looking at the jury now: “The implication that you might not want to help him with the jury here today” because he stole from you and deceived you.

Harpootlian got under Crosby's skin there for sure. Harpootlian says it’ll be up to the jury to decide why Crosby is testifying against AM.

Crosby is done. The state calls its second reply witness, MUSC forensic pathologist Dr. Ellen Riemer.

I just hope the meat is used. Personally I would have problem killing them for sport.
Most are nasty and full of worms, my husband won’t touch one with bare hands. We offer them to who ever wants them for meat, we won‘t eat them. There’s not always somebody immediately available to take them though we leave them out for the coyotes and other animals to eat.

I just hope the meat is used. Personally I would have problem killing them for sport.
Some are nasty and full of worms, my husband won’t touch one with bare hands. We offer them to who ever wants them for meat, we won‘t eat them. There’s not always somebody immediately available to take them though we leave them out for the coyotes and other animals to eat. Last year a hog killed an elderly woman who was taking a walk

Just started watching the live stream for this after following casually. Is the lady that looks like she is using a breathing device the court reporter? That's a unique set up if she is, but otherwise just looks silly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
enthusiastic