VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
So,

First, AM should be in jail for a long time just based on the fraud alone.

The following isn't a defense of this guy. Just thoughts....

How could a guy simultaneously pre plan this to the extent that its been alleged that he premeditated this by "luring" Maggie to the property, to kill her. Then thought ahead to use 2 weapons to give the impression there were 2 shooters.
Along with pondering a way out of the pickle he was in with the firm for months. And coming up with a plan to kill his wife and son. But not consider the technology. Seriously, he is cunning. He knows how law enforcement works. He knows what cell phones are capable of data logging, he knows on star is tracking him.

How are we supposed to square this?

That said, I think he knows exactly what happened that night. I think these people were into some really bad things. And something went very wrong. Possibly something Paul had gotten himself into. And there is still some type of threat hanging over the heads of the rest of the family.

There's more to this story.

I absolutely saw Ronnie Crosby as a man of honor. I was riveted by his testimony (although I tune out any talk about hogs), and felt he was justified when DH ( Mr. “Harpoon”) over there was attempting to impugn Mr. Crosby’s integrity.

All of these partners have suffered grievously, both financially and emotionally, due to AM’s treachery. When Sen. DH shouted that he didn’t care about Crosby taking “high offense,” I believe if I were a juror that would outrage me.

JMO
Agree, such a terrible response by DH, if he had any connection to the jury, I feel he must have lost it with that cross.moo

We need to follow these shenanigans along with the $4 million AM gets from his father’s estate. JMM is involved and they are filing all kinds of motions so that AM gets to keep money from the sale of Moselle or to somehow shield the property. He should have to repay every one of his victims with interest.
According to this article, proceeds will be divided between Buster and some of the boat victims

REVEALED: Who will benefit from Maggie Murdaugh's $4.3m estate

An offer of $3.9million was accepted on Moselle in December 2022 when the sale was allowed on condition that the proceeds be held in trust until their division be decided in court.

The fate of Maggie's millions, which had remained in limbo since her death, was finally settled last month, when, DailyMail.com can reveal, the 'gordian knot' of claimants was unraveled.

After the protracted legal battle, $290,000 of the estate will be eaten up by lawyers' fees.

A reduced mortgage settlement has been reached with Palmetto State Bank (owed more than $1million) and $275,000 will be held in a fund by the receivers.

Buster will get $530,000, a sum augmented by his uncle John Marvin's decision to waive the percentage he could have claimed as representative, while Marvin will be reimbursed $12,305.28 for personal funds advanced on behalf of the Estate.

Intriguingly, though Murdaugh vocally remained focused on 'clearing Paul's name' in the aftermath of the murders, Buster has used the sale of Moselle to settle his suits with the boat crash victims.

Connor Cook, who placed the 911 call on the day of the crash and told officers that Paul had been driving, will receive $100,000.

The balance of the proceeds will be divided between Morgan Doughty, Miley Altman and the Beach family, with the Beaches understood to be receiving approximately $600,000 to release their claim against Buster.

The settlement will be executed on March 8 when the sale of Moselle is completed and the battle for Maggie's millions finally laid to rest.

So,

First, AM should be in jail for a long time just based on the fraud alone.

The following isn't a defense of this guy. Just thoughts....

How could a guy simultaneously pre plan this to the extent that its been alleged that he premeditated this by "luring" Maggie to the property, to kill her. Then thought ahead to use 2 weapons to give the impression there were 2 shooters.
Along with pondering a way out of the pickle he was in with the firm for months. And coming up with a plan to kill his wife and son. But not consider the technology. Seriously, he is cunning. He knows how law enforcement works. He knows what cell phones are capable of data logging, he knows on star is tracking him.

How are we supposed to square this?

That said, I think he knows exactly what happened that night. I think these people were into some really bad things. And something went very wrong. Possibly something Paul had gotten himself into. And there is still some type of threat hanging over the heads of the rest of the family.

There's more to this story.
Look up Duffie Stone, I don’t think Alec had any fear of being held accountable. Their family had run that county and surrounding counties for over a century.
I agree about the lack of thought of technology. I just don’t think he’s as bright as he thinks he is. He did leave his phone at the house when he went to the kennels but did not think beyond that. Moo

Last edited:
If it's a hung jury, and there is a re-trial, does the prosecution have to re-try it the same way, with the same evidence? Or are they able to further the investigation into what happened?
If the jury is hung both sides usually extensively interview the jurors to see what arguments didn't resonate and which ones succeeded. As a trial lawyer myself, I've been thinking it would be hung because too much time was spent on financial crimes when the murders are really what it's about. I thought AM was an effective witness for himself which is usually not the case. His mantra is I lied, cheated and stole but I didn't kill my precious Mags and Pau-pau. He is an astoundingly effective liar which pretty much enforces everything that's been said about him being a malignant sociopathic narcissist .

According to this article, proceeds will be divided between Buster and some of the boat victims

REVEALED: Who will benefit from Maggie Murdaugh's $4.3m estate

An offer of $3.9million was accepted on Moselle in December 2022 when the sale was allowed on condition that the proceeds be held in trust until their division be decided in court.

The fate of Maggie's millions, which had remained in limbo since her death, was finally settled last month, when, DailyMail.com can reveal, the 'gordian knot' of claimants was unraveled.

After the protracted legal battle, $290,000 of the estate will be eaten up by lawyers' fees.

A reduced mortgage settlement has been reached with Palmetto State Bank (owed more than $1million) and $275,000 will be held in a fund by the receivers.

Buster will get $530,000, a sum augmented by his uncle John Marvin's decision to waive the percentage he could have claimed as representative, while Marvin will be reimbursed $12,305.28 for personal funds advanced on behalf of the Estate.

Intriguingly, though Murdaugh vocally remained focused on 'clearing Paul's name' in the aftermath of the murders, Buster has used the sale of Moselle to settle his suits with the boat crash victims.

Connor Cook, who placed the 911 call on the day of the crash and told officers that Paul had been driving, will receive $100,000.

The balance of the proceeds will be divided between Morgan Doughty, Miley Altman and the Beach family, with the Beaches understood to be receiving approximately $600,000 to release their claim against Buster.

The settlement will be executed on March 8 when the sale of Moselle is completed and the battle for Maggie's millions finally laid to rest.
Do you know what happens with the Edisto Beach house?

Not saying never but I'm at a loss to recall any case where the defendant, in custody, accompanied the jurors for a jury view of the crime scene.

I remember a local defendant that was not in custody (out on bail), following the juror bus while riding in a vehicle with his attorneys but he never got out of the vehicle when they arrived at the location. MOO
Maybe ole Alex will be the tour guide. He knows best how the murders went down.

Kidding of course, but wouldn't it be nice..

He shouldn't be allowed to go to the crime scene. Maybe he requested it. One last peek before he's locked away forever.

If I recall correctly the most recent trial I watched was for George Wagner and he opted out of going on the viewing of the properties. Alex would never opt out because he needs the control.

He must have opted out. Judge Newman made a big deal in a pretrial that he must be present for everything unless he opted out. I think DH even made him sign something when he said one time he didn't want to be present for a hearing.

He needs to stick to his pretense of being too scarred to go back to the property.

Just checked ... sounds like Moselle proceeds are divided between boat victims, Buster and his uncle. Edisto and other assets will be divided between the remaining debt collectors. Everything that can be found and seized will be liquidated.

"As Murdaugh is facing multiple personal injury suits, and one wrongful death suit, attorneys are seeking to make their alleged victims whole, which means that Murdaugh's assets are up for grabs — including his family's beach getaway.

On April 26, those attorneys filed a motion in Hampton County Court of Common Pleas asking the court to consider and approve the sale of one of Murdaugh's real estate properties, his family vacation home in Edisto.

The property, located at 3606 Big Bay Drive, Edisto Island, is owned by Murdaugh and the estate of his late wife, Margaret "Maggie" Murdaugh, as tenants in common.

After a market analysis and appraisal, and with the consent of the estate, managed by Murdaugh's brother, John Marvin Murdaugh, the Murdaugh Edisto home was listed for sale for $920,000.

On April 12, the estate received an all-cash offer to purchase the house for $955,000, with no conditions except five-days due diligence and 30-days to close the offer.

Just checked ... sounds like Moselle proceeds are divided between boat victims, Buster and his uncle. Edisto and other assets will be divided between the remaining debt collectors. Everything that can be found and seized will be liquidated.

"As Murdaugh is facing multiple personal injury suits, and one wrongful death suit, attorneys are seeking to make their alleged victims whole, which means that Murdaugh's assets are up for grabs — including his family's beach getaway.

On April 26, those attorneys filed a motion in Hampton County Court of Common Pleas asking the court to consider and approve the sale of one of Murdaugh's real estate properties, his family vacation home in Edisto.

The property, located at 3606 Big Bay Drive, Edisto Island, is owned by Murdaugh and the estate of his late wife, Margaret "Maggie" Murdaugh, as tenants in common.

After a market analysis and appraisal, and with the consent of the estate, managed by Murdaugh's brother, John Marvin Murdaugh, the Murdaugh Edisto home was listed for sale for $920,000.

On April 12, the estate received an all-cash offer to purchase the house for $955,000, with no conditions except five-days due diligence and 30-days to close the offer.

Thanks! Did you see that I did an edit and added that the article stated that Maggie had named her sister as executor of her estate. Her name was crossed out, and Alex‘s fathers name was hand written in. MP was unaware that she was executor or that the change had taken place. They asked her to sign documents making John Marvin the executor. I can understand her agreeing to that because of the lawsuits, but certainly seems unsavory to do it without asking her. Moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmb123