VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did Waters get to say the amount of charges that AM was facing? I hope somebody said 90 to 100. That is a great literal way to describe how much devastation has taken place.

ETA… there might have been another ‘tell’ perhaps in some of the defendant’s testament. If I recall correctly, he was rather adamant that some other individual with whom he has done some business dealings I believe had absolutely no knowledge or involvement. And shouldn’t be bothered if remembering this correctly. Don’t they tell us follow the money? MOO.

I believe it is the Palmetto bank guy who was recently convicted.

ETA: Lafitte. Courtesy of @Boodles! Thanks.

Last edited:
From a southern family I cannot understand why Randy wasn't the chosen one. He was the oldest and graduated SC law school and is evidently a stand up guy.

So I tried some research and looks like Randy and his wife had 2 daughters....so then comes u know who and Maggie and they have 2 sons...and then comes John Marvin who also had 2 daughters and then finally one son named Randy.

So to me it looks like the future of the MURDOCKS was all on Ellick. Poor guy buckled under the pressure. (SARCASM)

Boulware owned Moselle before AM.
He’s the old friend that AM owed a ton of money to when Boulware was dying of cancer and couldn’t afford a hotel for his wife to stay when he was receiving treatment.

Also from the article:

According to reports from the Associated Press and United Press International, Boulware, an Allendale County fisherman operating out of Beaufort County, was indicted on Feb. 11, 1983, on two federal conspiracy charges after the seizure of 17 tons of marijuana on a fishing trawler coming out of the Bahamas. Boulware was charged with conspiracy to possess and distribute 34,000 pounds of marijuana and conspiracy to import marijuana into the U.S., but the charges were later dismissed when a key government witness was struck by a car and killed in Florida.

Boulware died Sept. 12, 2018, at the age of 61, after an extended illness.
Thank you! I knew there was something shady about Alex getting title to Moselle. It's the drug dealer, but how did Alex get the upper hand on the drug dealer? Did Alex defend the drug dealer in 2011 and take the property as payment for legal fees?

OOOHHHH CTV just said JG will give closing arguments NOT DH - kinda shocked here!
DH is also a state senator who has other fish to keep fryin', IMO, and probably "leant" his name and status to AM's defense in a sort of last ditch attempt to bolster him up if he was a crony and "willin' to pay'", and I think it was all meant to "go their way" and make 'em both look good, which it has not, so why not punt the closing arguments to JG, let someone else go out with a fizzle... JMO

CourtTV said that the wedding venue defense rented is booked March 1 and they have to move out. May be why someone was so grumpy?

Whoever rents that venue should do an exorcism, smudge, and research any and all cleansing rituals. That place has to have bad energy steeped into the wall paper and rugs!

I read Murdaugh She Wrote over the weekend and not recommending it but this family OMG! The great grandfather was the genius who not only started the lawfirm and the solictorship history but he also started a newspaper where he pumped up his accomplishments!!

So as I suspected Ellick was not a great student and he still has no idea what Habeas Corpus means but Daddy bought his way through law school so who cares right? He was portrayed as a party first guy who loved the strip clubs. Sound familiar?

Cory Fleming and Russell Lafitte were either roomates or frat buds. There was also mention of somebody with the last name of Tuten...it is so circular.

Look up Duffie Stone, I don’t think Alec had any fear of being held accountable. Their family had run that county and surrounding counties for over a century.
I agree about the lack of thought of technology. I just don’t think he’s as bright as he thinks he is. He did leave his phone at the house when he went to the kennels but did not think beyond that. Moo
I believe it is the Palmetto bank guy who was recently convicted.
Russell Lafitte

Cognitive dissonance, I wonder if Buster knows his father is a killer, or if he denies it, and believes there is a mystery killer out there who shot his mother and brother. That would be a lot to deal with.

In listening to his testimony, watching his face in court and the jailhouse tapes, I don't think he feels any cognitive dissonance. He seems to have his flag planted in the M family space. See below from Wikipedia and sources

Took this from Wikipedia: "In September 2021, Alex gave broad powers of attorney to his son Buster, including the power to sell and dispose of his assets, which Buster proceeded to do. On November 1, a judge ordered the Murdaugh assets to be frozen. Buster and Alex sought to overturn it, saying they had no money to pay for food, medical insurance and utilities."

Combined from these articles: Michael M. DeWitt, Jr. (November 17, 2021). "As Alex Murdaugh remains jailed, attorneys fight to unfreeze his assets, grant bond". Greenville News. Retrieved December 13, 2021.
Tom Lanahan (October 25, 2021). "Motion for temporary injunction filed that names Alex Murdaugh, son Buster, lawsuit shows". Fox Carolina. Retrieved December 13, 2021.
Dillan, Matt (November 2, 2021). "Judge OKs freeze of Murdaugh finances, independent representatives to control assets". WCIV. Retrieved December 14, 2021.

Last edited:
DH is also a state senator who has other fish to keep fryin', IMO, and probably "leant" his name and status to AM's defense in a sort of last ditch attempt to bolster him up if he was a crony and "willin' to pay'", and I think it was all meant to "go their way" and make 'em both look good, which it has not, so why not punt the closing arguments to JG, let someone else go out with a fizzle... JMO

One of the local news reporters said he feels the AG took the last witness because the state thinks they have the jury on their side. DH punting the closing seems like he may think the state is going to win too.

All MOO:

If closing arguments conclude and the jury begins deliberations by Thursday, they will render a "guilty" verdict before the weekend. It won't take long at all for the jurors to agree that they "are done" with this farce of a power/passion play.

The defense's case has been vastly underwhelming and nontechnical, full of arm waving that at turns was childishly spiteful, and more egregiously, disrespectful of the court at times, and the two murder victims and other folks collaterally damaged by all of AM's many crimes at other times. Overall it felt like they failed to demonstrate "he would never kill his wife and child", no less who would or could have, they were dismissive of the tremendous trauma of the horrific way in which Maggie and Paul were murdered, and they never acknowledged the excruciating emotional cost of the loss of the lives of Maggie and Paul, two innocent loved ones of the accused who "never did him any harm".

AM's testimony was a massive disaster that screamed "scary-privileged-pathological-liar-with-alot-to-lose = family annihilator" during which any chances he had of "redeeming" himself in front of the jury and establishing reasonable doubt that he murdered his wife and youngest son was obliterated. Overall it felt like he decided to testify "in the end" because his defense had major shortcomings, he was just "playing to the jury" and trying to "bowl them over" with his charm and standing in the community/acting from a position of authority/intimidation, and it was just "curtains" before his "final act" as he went through a huge range of emotions to confuse and obfuscate and literally "try anything" to play on any possible uncertainty or sympathy remaining with the jury, and crossing his fingers it might all Somehow = reasonable doubt.

IMO, it has all been simply despicable, AM's defense, mainly because it seemed like there was no real concern for what happened to the victims and why they were shot to death "together at home" "out of the blue", and they just "went with" AM's versions of events knowing {ETA}: at least at some point that he was a liar and possibly a criminal, and didn't seem to care a lick whether anything he said was believable or provable, which is just heartbreaking and insulting to the memories of the victims and their loved ones.

Again, MOO
Totally agree. Excellent summary.

From a southern family I cannot understand why Randy wasn't the chosen one. He was the oldest and graduated SC law school and is evidently a stand up guy.

So I tried some research and looks like Randy and his wife had 2 daughters....so then comes u know who and Maggie and they have 2 sons...and then comes John Marvin who also had 2 daughters and then finally one son named Randy.

So to me it looks like the future of the MURDOCKS was all on Ellick. Poor guy buckled under the pressure. (SARCASM)
Thanks. I’ve been wondering why Randy, the namesake oldest son, didn’t seem to be the empire’s heir apparent. I was hoping it was because he wanted no part of dirty dealings. I hope that’s the case.

AM probably isn’t going because he doesn’t want the public to see him in cuffs. He would look pretty stupid with a jacket over his arms. He’s in denial, he doesn’t think he will be convicted and wants to keep the cuffs out of the picture. Vain and entitled!

[…]
In closings, the State will present its closing argument in full, followed by the defense’s closing argument. The State will then have one final session to reply or rebut any new claims or new information the defense introduces in its closings.

Judge Newman has indicated that he is not included to set a time limit on closings, but each side indicated they would need roughly two hours.
[…]

Attachments

• B79B4F28-0EDB-4B94-82EF-66B8A8777F63.jpeg
    B79B4F28-0EDB-4B94-82EF-66B8A8777F63.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 9
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors