VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Was Barrett mentioned during Alex's admission of people he stole from or lied to? Alex's drug dealing money laundering friend is dead, so Alex assumed 100% of the monthly payments and it strained his finances? That's why he stole the money?

"A Beaufort County island co-owned by disgraced and disbarred South Carolina attorney Richard “Alex” Murdaugh and a deceased drug-smuggling suspect is up for sale, pending court approval.​
The island for sale is 50% owned by Murdaugh through Murdaugh Holdings and 50% owned by the Estate of Barrett Boulware, according to the court filing."​

link
I’m pretty sure Waters brought it up when questioning AM and the fact that BB died broke.

I know for sure when Jeannie S. testified they showed the disbursement sheet for Boulware and a check to the fake forge for $279,000.

When R. Crosby was on the stand he said he worked on repaying Boulware’s family. Griffin kept objecting.

JMO

There is way more to this than we know. I feel there are others who could provide evidence against AM but I really think people fear retaliation.

I’m hoping that people will come forward eventually. They have had to of been following the case. Bottom line AM isn’t convicted yet.

What is unfortunate is people will remain fearful if AM wins. It sends a message that the Murdaughs always win no matter what they are up against.
Agreed. ^^^

Who knows what else AM has hidden in his past ?
The alleged blatant murders were (I think !) a culmination of decades of misdeeds.
AM has probably left a trail of victims (just not deceased ones -- but who knows for sure ?) since he was an adult.
M00.

Bbm.
Not now, anyway.
Back to the night of the murders.... if Buster had been there, would AM have shot him as well ?
Imo.

I think BM would have always been safe with AM. He was studying law, didn't have issues like PM did, good student. IF the boat accident never happened but there was some charges in the S. Smith case or the rumors took hold and it started to affect AM's grand rip-off scheme, I think AM might have gotten there with BM. I think MM knew PM was vulnerable to AM and his get rich/stay rich/drug and alcohol lifestyle so she had to get close and keep tabs on both.

OOOHHHH CTV just said JG will give closing arguments NOT DH - kinda shocked here!

DH is clearly exhausted by this trial and frustrated with his client. He would not be a good spokesperson for this defense. AM trusts JG. JG is actually the slimier of the 2 major defense attorneys. DH is over the top for his clients and is unafraid to challenge. JG plays an emotion card and seems to believe that AM is innocent even when facts go against him.

Hidden assets. That makes a lot more sense than his claims about drug habit costs. Right general location?

Google Map
And were there not reports of those islands and other properties? Need to pull some tax records, deeds, property transfers, shell companies, LLC and others, and also in other states with non disclosure and company favorable shields perhaps. Are some NY and DE, and other state financial incorporation practices helpful? Probably much better company experts in this thread here, I am not. MO.

ETA… there might have been another ‘tell’ perhaps in some of the defendant’s testament. If I recall correctly, he was rather adamant that some other individual with whom he has done some business dealings I believe had absolutely no knowledge or involvement. And shouldn’t be bothered if remembering this correctly. Don’t they tell us follow the money? MOO.

Last edited:
My takes today:

The cell phone guy was awful (why the heck did they do that?)

Crosby was believable and powerful.

The Sheriff proved yet again how much Ellick lies ABOUT EVERYTHING no matter how inconsequential.

Dr Kinsey is my favorite he is so pleasant and so sure of himself and the defense could not make him look bad.
Re the cell phone guy: The State put him on to counter the Defense witness who said that Maggie's iPhone's screen would turn on when it was tossed out of a car. The Defense was trying to say that because her screen did not turn on during Alex's jaunt to Almeda, that Alex could not have been the person who threw her phone in the woods. The State needed to rebut that -- and they did through their cell phone guy today. Yes, maybe he wasn't a true expert on the issue, but his testimony made sense. People with iPhones know that the screen does not usually turn on when it is tossed. It wasn't beautiful or perfect, but the State made their point. JMO.

Seriously though, how would they do this? Have him locked in his transport van? Wrist and ankle shackles? His attorneys would never allow this. They have to secure him somehow. Maybe shock devices?
If I was a juror, I’d say “if he’s going, I’m staying here.” No way would I want that man near me on that property.

Is it a fact that he can go, and will?

The Blue Lights and the Badge were all just part of what had been going on forever in this family....I am just trying to figure out how Randy is not questioned and how John Marvin is seen as the clean-up guy but how did Ellick end up being like his forebearers? Because it is obvious he was carrying on their regime of influence and intimidation.

This may have to do with Buster and Paul (or Paw Paw)....who was going to carry that on? Then it all crashed. Literally.

That would have been a heck of a question to ask JMM. "I suppose since you think the killer has not been found yet, you are still offering a reward."

The whole darn family would offer to reinstate the reward, knowing full well that it would never be given to anyone because AM is the killer. JMM was in Vegas, he knows how to gamble. That would be a sure bet that they would never have to pay out.

I can't find her. Where and when is she on please?
Yes, there is. Daily at 7pm or replay whenever. Former SC attorney general is part of it.

ETA: oops, meant to reply to the person who asked about non pro-defense podcasts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CindyW1974