VERDICT WATCH SC - Paul Murdaugh & mom Margaret Found Shot To Death - Alex Murdaugh Accused - Islandton #35

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I appreciate what you are saying... All the stuff in the periphery. The boat, the poor kid in the street....I get it. I'm trying to be fair here. The unfortunate facts the lurk in the background here are:

1. Nothing was going to stop the legal problems he had, except his death. Even then they could likley sue the estate. Killing his family wasn't going to stop that.

2. The boat accident. As sad as it is kids do stupid stupid stuff everyday. Every city & town in the world has lost young folks because of bad decisions. Between liability insurance on the boat and his legal expertise, AM probably didn't have too much exposure. That aside, trying to keep PM out of jail, by killing him doesn't really square up.

The poor kid they found dead in the street...There is nothing tangible there, at least at this point. No one knows what happened.

In the end, the law firm wasn't going away. The dwi wasn't going away. If there were evidence with the Smith boy, that wasn't going away.

From watching the trial, it's abundantly clear AM is highly intelligent. I would say cunning. He knows that killing his family wasn't going to solve his problems. He knows how investigations work. He knows how phones work. He knows how on-star works.

If he pulled the trigger himself in some for of rage - his best play would have been to wait until the morning. Say he fell asleep & didn't hear anything. Really anything other than what he did would have been better.

I guess what I'm saying is...

The data puts him there. The video puts him there. Everything points to him being there. But none of it makes any sense. None of it squares with premeditated murder, at least when the murderer doesn't want to get caught (meaning, some people kill, and don't care about getting caught, others want to get away with it).

If there was another person there. Presumably took control of the situation and took their phones (which is what they are using to help determine time of death) And AM left, and went to his mother's. It must have been to get something. That doesn't really make sense to me either. But its the only thing I can think of.

God only knows what these people were into that we don't know about. Drugs, smuggling, human trafficking. Nothing would surprise me.

Then again, maybe he was going to kill them and himself, but chickened out.

Just a bizarre situation.
I do think Alex believed killing Paul would make that lawsuit go away. His criminal case would for sure and then his family name isn't tarnished with a conviction on (I think manslaughter or something similar related to DUI and someone dying). I think we can see where his thinking was by his words. Even though he's a lying liar that lies, he does sprinkle in some things that I think show where his head was. Immediately he's talking about the boat case.. He even on the stand says he thinks the murder is some person or people from the internet that read all the bad things about Paul and decided to kill him. So very odd.. not the kids in the boat or their families (can't blame those victims it would look really bad, but a total stranger from the internet was mad enough about what Paul did to just come out to kill him (and research enough to figure out where he would be when he wasn't even supposed to be there that night, know that guns would be laying around everywhere, the layout of the property, that they'd be at the kennel and Alex would be gone.. don't would be put up etc). Then he made a seperate statement about the only reason Paul is dead is because of the boat case and someone was really angry and hated Paul. Well I do think Alex was angry he had to deal with this boat case. Not only was Paul being sued, but he was.. his finanaces were at risk AND that would expose his financial crimes. Without the boat case looming he could have kept robbing one to pay another without having to disclose what he was doing.

I think he did believe that if he could convince others that Paul was shot because of the boat case, then the lawsuit would go away or they would settle for MUCH less than the 30 million number being talked about. It didn't happen that way but he believed he could manipulate that and talk his way out of the financial things he did. I 100% believe he thought he could get out of all the mess if they were dead. The firm backed off for 3 months so it clearly worked somewhat.

For some strange reason, drug addicts like to inflate their drug use, as if it is "glamorous". It is the same with gambling addiction, listen to any gambling addict, they will always tell you about their big wins. Never about the hours and money lost to get there.

Drug addicts like to pretend that their life is "Miami Vice", parties, fast boats, beautiful people. Not vomiting, withdrawals, constantly scamming to get more drugs, and the financial difficulties, lies, and lows of drug use. Addiction isn't "fun", yet addicts light up when they talk about drug use. Go figure it.
It is called "euphoric recall," and a neuroscientist could probably tell you what is going on on their brain chemically. Shout out to a favorite podcast- Huberman Lab. It covers many many topics, but the effect of neurotransmitters on addicts and non-addicts is really fascinating information. I learn something helpful every time I listen.

Crazy out here girl I tell you and was going to ask you to go but hunker down there. Just spotted some geese doing a low flyby in fighter formation. and our spirit guide bailed on us, go figure.
I am now reminded for some reason of the movie ‘Just Cause’, with Ed Harris, Lawrence Fishburne, and Sean Connery among others. Interesting bayou story and might have been a voodoo element too?

A note from @CourtTV
on questions they have received about jury deliberations, and answers: Q: How long will the jury deliberate? A: It’s up to the jury. Q: Will the jury be sequestered. A: There is no decision at this time.

More from @CourtTV Q: Will we hear the jury's questions and requests during deliberations? A: Yes, on the record. Q: Will the jury have technology to view exhibits? A: Yes. Q: Will the attorneys be present? A: They will be somewhere close, but not required to be in court.

More from @CourtTV: Q: How much notice will we get that a verdict has been reached? A: The longer the deliberations, the more notice will probably be given because the attorneys and staff will be dispersed.

Last note from @CourtTV, and this is the big one. Q: Will the jury deliberate on weekends. A: Yes, they will deliberate through the weekend if necessary.

Last edited:
I totally agree, and I want them to find him guilty because of this case alone. I'm hoping no one on the jury is too frightened of this family to find him guilty.
I was surprised when those four jury members said their names aloud regarding being appointed to monitor the other jurors at the Moselle site; I figured publicly recording their identities would be forbidden.

I cannot fathom the privilege and expectation these people learned to live with… the whole thing is rife with abuse of power and I’m floored by this whole case, and how many people they affected, such a huge ripple effect.
The word depravity is top of mind.

At least what is left of mine. (My mind that is, not my depravity. :).
MOO

I do think Alex believed killing Paul would make that lawsuit go away. His criminal case would for sure and then his family name isn't tarnished with a conviction on (I think manslaughter or something similar related to DUI and someone dying). I think we can see where his thinking was by his words. Even though he's a lying liar that lies, he does sprinkle in some things that I think show where his head was. Immediately he's talking about the boat case.. He even on the stand says he thinks the murder is some person or people from the internet that read all the bad things about Paul and decided to kill him. So very odd.. not the kids in the boat or their families (can't blame those victims it would look really bad, but a total stranger from the internet was mad enough about what Paul did to just come out to kill him (and research enough to figure out where he would be when he wasn't even supposed to be there that night, know that guns would be laying around everywhere, the layout of the property, that they'd be at the kennel and Alex would be gone.. don't would be put up etc). Then he made a seperate statement about the only reason Paul is dead is because of the boat case and someone was really angry and hated Paul. Well I do think Alex was angry he had to deal with this boat case. Not only was Paul being sued, but he was.. his finanaces were at risk AND that would expose his financial crimes. Without the boat case looming he could have kept robbing one to pay another without having to disclose what he was doing.

I think he did believe that if he could convince others that Paul was shot because of the boat case, then the lawsuit would go away or they would settle for MUCH less than the 30 million number being talked about. It didn't happen that way but he believed he could manipulate that and talk his way out of the financial things he did. I 100% believe he thought he could get out of all the mess if they were dead. The firm backed off for 3 months so it clearly worked somewhat.
Scarface: “I always tell the truth. Even when I lie I tell the truth”

I admire Judge Newman so much. He really is good at what he does. I hope he feels our respect and gratitude. I have been praying for his family over the loss of his son. This could have been a circus if left you the defense but thanks to this judge it was not.

'Seems strange but I don't know the rules for such outings. Who's there? I'm behind again, already.

"Report: Some of the deputies on watch while the jurors toured the Moselle Property are some of the key witnesses in the case, including CCSO Detective Laura Rutland, who sat in on Alex Murdaugh’s first interview with SLED investigator David Owen in the early hours of June 8."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zuehlsdorf